• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Low presents: Get Low Randomly Hosts a Brawl Tournament! (Ft. PA, KY & MI)

SoulPech

Smash Master
I mean. Smash is kinda of important to people. Most of us are broke college students. Yell at us for it? Housing is quite normal for people coming that far. If there's a way if can work for cheap then isnt it at least worth asking for? SMH lol

Roller and MI looking for housing hit up the Melee NEOH guys. Like "goast" on the boards. He's the homie.
I'm a recovering college student (Good job, paying back a trillion dollars in school loans) and I wanted housing primarily because it sucks trying home in the dark, especially when you have a medical condition with your eyesight, as well as when I travel I want to hang out with people in the community. For example, I stayed with Ori a month ago for a tourney. i could've drove there and back on Saturday, but I stayed for the weekend because I wanted to mingle with him/other people as well as get a good experience out of the weekend.

One-day drive in and out = Feeling like a chore/job

Two-day staying overnight with someone on smashboards = Vacation/excellent experience.

:phone:

Get Low

Smash Ace
I am 23. Why do you ask?
Well, I figured that since you're 23, you'd realize that a lot of us are broke college students, as Carroll just pointed out. A lot of the time we simply can't afford things, but at the same time, Smash is very important to us, and we're not just going to quit going to tourneys.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Wow are you guys really that cheap? If a trip to McDonalds or splitting the cost of a cheap hotel room are expenses that would make or break your trip, you probably shouldn't be traveling out to a tournament. Like...get a better job or something. It's a priviledge to receive housing not a demand...if the locals are unable to provide it then that is too bad. If you want to include a smashfest the night before, maybe you could arrange for one at someone's house and THEN go back to the room? It's not too difficult to figure out and it sure doesn't break the bank between a whole car full of you. ;)
Hotel is a backup option, not plan A.

Also everything Soulpech said.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I love how you are comparing a hotel to a trip to McDonolds.

The logic.
Good logic actually.

For example, I believe the term we're looking for is a Motel, not hotel (Like Motel 6). The average amount for one night to stay is 30 dollars per night.
If 5 people were to split a motel, it's 6 dollars per person (5 * 6 = 30)

Not the exact cost of an average McDonald meal, but add in maybe an apple pie or a McFlurry.

Even then, I'd prefer housing over Motel and Motel should be a backup option.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Not trying to single out anyone here but maybe people should devote less time to crying and attacking each other and actually figure out your housing situation if you haven't yet.

We have 3 days until this event. Can we get the sand out of our vaginas and start getting MUTHA****ING HYPE HERE??

Thanks.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm extra hyped because this starts a week of pure awesome for me. This tourney trip which will include a dave and buster's trip, then I get to go to Florida for 2-3 days next week. Missed that place :(

SoulPech

Smash Master
Not trying to single out anyone here but maybe people should devote less time to crying and attacking each other and actually figure out your housing situation if you haven't yet.

We have 3 days until this event. Can we get the sand out of our vaginas and start getting MUTHA****ING HYPE HERE??

Thanks.

ZTD | TECHnology

Kentucky is just gonna back out anyway.

:denzel:

In all seriousness, we have Michigan (a larger state), Ohio (thestate this is in), Kentucky and Pennsylvania (two smaller states).

I propose we either do MI/PA vs OH/KY or... MI/KY vs OH/PA.

Tedium

Smash Cadet
pittsburgh v MI crew battle. we got me, crews, and taki right now. who else wants in from Pittsburgh. also we're naming our crew battle crews. the crews crew to be exact.

ZTD | TECHnology

Lmao it would be sacrilegious.

Michigan probably also has a strong enough showing to do crews on their own as well. Let's discuss this people.

Tedium

Smash Cadet
i'm taking MMs btw. falco vs. anything but ICs and pika and falcon dittos

also i'm bringing melee and project m so i'll take MMs in either of those

M@v

Subarashii!
PA attendance is looking like:

Penn State:
Me
Berserker
Melon

Pittsburgh:
Space Thing
Tedium
Crews

Paul I see you lurking. You still not coming or you changing your mind?

Tedium

Smash Cadet
PA attendance is looking like:

Penn State:
Me
Berserker
Melon

Pittsburgh:
Space Thing
Tedium
Crews

Paul I see you lurking. You still not coming or you changing your mind?
yooooo. Taki is coming too. first brawl appearance

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Good logic actually.

For example, I believe the term we're looking for is a Motel, not hotel (Like Motel 6). The average amount for one night to stay is 30 dollars per night.
If 5 people were to split a motel, it's 6 dollars per person (5 * 6 = 30)

Not the exact cost of an average McDonald meal, but add in maybe an apple pie or a McFlurry.

Even then, I'd prefer housing over Motel and Motel should be a backup option.
No, he definitely said Hotel.

JTsm

Smash Master
I'll bring a cube+melee if anyone wants to not play brawl. :colorful:

I think MI vs MW is a worthy crew battle.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Crews? Sign me up if they're going down! I don't care what combination of states are involved lol.

And Kel are you coming after all or no?

Top Bottom