• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Melee into Evo 2013! (FOR REALS... maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Oh sweet. Voted. Hopefully this will get us taken seriously again. :p

EDIT: Damn, you tell 'em, OTG.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I voted! Everyone should post this as their Facebook status, get your friends (competitive and casual) in on this too!

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Don't get all like "Oh, we passed Tekken, but there's no way we'll pass things that are less than 300 votes ahead of us." Don't stop pushing now. We've been growing at a faster rate than them and there's no reason to believe we can't make it happen.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The King of Fighters XIII 1741
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 1536
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition 1501
Super Smash Bros. Melee 1275
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 1261
Persona 4 Arena 1116
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core +R 1103
Dead or Alive 5 635
Mortal Kombat 9 615
Injustice: Gods Among Us 598
Divekick 575
Soul Calibur V 573
BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma 447
Super Smash Bros. Brawl 426
Street Fighter X Tekken 424
VIRTUAL FIGHTER 5 FINAL SHOWDOWN 367
Capcom vs SNK 2 294
Skullgirls 294
Super Street Fighter II Turbo 264
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike 263
Darkstalkers 3 (Vampire Savior) 234
MLP: Fighting is Magic 173
Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code 172
PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 153
Why is Cross Tekken here? 151
Pokémon Black 2 128
Arcana Heart 3 105
Shaq Fu 100

Rikana

Smash Champion
Long live melee! I would honestly try to make it to this if Evo really decides to put Melee up as a game.

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
OK GUYS

If you really want A TON of people to see this, not just people who go on Melee discussion and are super active in the community but ANYONE who thinks competitive Melee is cool, we should do the following:

Take this:

IF YOU WANT TO SEE MORE OF THIS VOTE FOR MELEE TO BE IN EVO 2013: goo.gl/FL2Eo

and put it in the video descriptions for:

WOMBO COMBO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD_imYhNoQ4

M2K VS SHIZ 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc

IF YOU KNOW WHO WOULD BE ABLE TO DO THIS PLEASE CONTACT THEM.

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I can't believe how much more quickly out numbers are growing compared to Street Fighter 4 right above us and that we're now 75 points above Tekken. Pretty incredible, like we've nearly doubled the goal of this thread in the first few pages for 700 votes.

Revven

FrankerZ
I really just hope this poll actually has an impact on Evo. It'd seem silly if they did this poll and it changed nothing in the line-up.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
At EVO, wouldn't every game use flatscreen TVs? If Melee is at EVO, everyone would have to play with lag. =(
This is a good question. Would they accomodate us? Or would we have to do it like we always do, and bring our own?

And would we be able to bring our own?

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
I really just hope this poll actually has an impact on Evo. It'd seem silly if they did this poll and it changed nothing in the line-up.
Thats why its critical that we're not just #3 or 4, but that we're far and away #1. Its much harder to ignore #1 than it is to ignore #3

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Also take into consideration that they wouldn't be allowed to stream any of it I think. Think about MLG brawl.

I hope I wrong though

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
I presume that if Melee did make the lineup players would not be FORCED to play on laggy TV's. Whether or not they'd provide workable ones is questionable, but the way I see it they'd WANT to accommodate it because it'd be cheaper than getting flatscreens. :p

Or we can just bring our own. Let's face it, if Melee makes it to Evo I'm pretty sure the community is going to do its very hardest to make it work.

EDIT: Was MLG not able to stream Brawl? I feel like I vaguely remember SOME of this... but hey, maybe they never said anything about Melee. XD

Vkrm

Smash Lord
These numbers may or may not represent the actual attendance.
Also I'd be able to bring like a dozen CRT's
Brawls < blazblue? For real? Wow

Max?

Smash Champion
The poll states: "The top games in this poll aren't guaranteed to make the lineup, but a strong showing certainly wouldn't hurt!.... Games which have a broad audience of competitors around the world will always get our attention!"

There is a chance that we may gain nothing from this, but even still, we are making a HUGE statement to the rest of the FGC. We've survived for a long time without EVO and we will continue to do so. This our time to show the world that this is the best game ever made, and we've all risen to the occasion.

This is a good question. Would they accomodate us? Or would we have to do it like we always do, and bring our own?
Don't worry about that. If we get in, it will all get figured out later. For now, promote, promote, promote. That is all you can do.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
There is a chance that we may gain nothing from this, but even still, we are making a HUGE statement to the rest of the FGC. We've survived for a long time without EVO and we will continue to do so. This our time to show the world that this is the best game ever made, and we've all risen to the occasion.
Worst case scenario tens of thousands of competitive gamers who visit the EVO facebook page and vote on the poll see that Melee is still going strong.

Best case scenario we get a spot in EVO

win-win

Vkrm

Smash Lord
I wonder if they listed melee as a joke. Like they knew every other game would poop on in votes.
I'll bet they didn't expect this to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom