• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GET OVER HERE!!! Scorpion for SSB4 support thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice

Intro
Mortal kombat a 2d fighting that has been delighting the masses with it's over the top and sometimes disturbing violence for over a decade. From getting knocked off a bridge into a sea of spikes to ripping someones head with you're bare hands it's quite possible these games have created several serial killers. Though ironically it is through this over the top violence it has gained a spot in history It's Ridiculous amount's of gore were the first of it's kind and drew ton's of criticism but despite the backlash the violence was here to stay and indeed it did spreading to various other genres of games besides fight now whether or not you find this good history or not is up to you but regardless it's still history.

What does this have to do with nintendo?
  • Mortal kombats First console release was on the snes.
  • First over the top violent game released on a nintendo platform.
  • the game in question on the snes had exclusive features the genesis version didn't

Why Scorpion?
Scorpion has more or less become the face of mortal kombat throughout the ages his trademark GET OVER HERE!! has become somewhat of a meme around the internet he is a very popular character seen in a few commercials throughout the years he's just really recognizable

Moveset potential
He comes from a fighting game he has nothing but potential
I would imagine his has having decent power and speed and having the largest grab distance in the game allowing him to have great recovery options

Meh he might not be THAT likely but i hope i have shown you he's at least a possibility :reverse:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. I can barely read your post due to the font color.
2. Mortal Kombat, by large, is not popular in Japan.
3. I have a hard time finding Mortal Kombat fitting in with the Smash universe.
4. The over-the-top fatalities and bloodshed is what makes Mortal Kombat unique. However, a MK rep would lose that uniqueness when put into Smash because I am nearly 101% sure, that aspect of MK would not be incorporated into Smash 4.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
4. The over-the-top fatalities and bloodshed is what makes Mortal Kombat unique. However, a MK rep would lose that uniqueness when put into Smash because I am nearly 101% sure, that aspect of MK would not be incorporated into Smash 4.
1. Better Now??
2. Sonic wasn't either
3. I had a hard time seeing half the characters in smash in a fighting game especially snake
4. Snake didn't use any firearms a big aspect of MGS blood wouldn't be used of course but making his moves incredibly brutal like ganons side b would work

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
Not going to happen. People enjoy the over-the-top bloodiness of Mortal Kombat, and that aspect would be neutered in a Smash transition. Think about the reception to Mortal Kombat vs DC.

Also, I doubt Sakurai is going to ask a Western-based developer like Netherrealm Studios for the rights.

Don't get me wrong, I love Scorpion, but he doesn't fit the game and he has virtually no chance because he's the property of a Western developer who doesn't make games on Nintendo systems.

If anybody from MK comes to Smash 4, they will have to wait in line before* SUB-ZERO & Liu Kang
Scorpion is the series' mascot, to the point that he's actually on NRS's logo. The only character with as much of a chance as him is Sub-Zero, who kinda shares that spot.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
As non-existent as Scorpion's (and - by extension - Sub-Zero's) chances are in making a Smash Bros. appearance, we do have to remember that the Mortal Kombat series has been prominent on Nintendo systems for quite a while back in the day, with MK1-3 on the SNES, MK4 on N64, and Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero on the N64. Unfortunately, that's about the extent of my Mortal Kombat-on-a-Nintendo-console knowledge.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
As non-existent as Scorpion's (and - by extension - Sub-Zero's) chances are in making a Smash Bros. appearance, we do have to remember that the Mortal Kombat series has been prominent on Nintendo systems for quite a while back in the day, with MK1-3 on the SNES, MK4 on N64, and Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero on the N64. Unfortunately, that's about the extent of my Mortal Kombat-on-a-Nintendo-console knowledge.
Mortal Kombat Deception, Mortal Kombat deadly Alliance-GameCube
Mortal Kombat Armagedden-Wii
Mortal Kombat: Tournament Edition-GBA

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
OH ****

Mortal Kombat, hell yeah :shades:

How about Ermac, Shujinko, Kenshi, Rain, Kabal, Noob Saibot, Sektor or Cyber Smoke instead

Put in the Portal (the MK2 version), Courtyard, Quan Chi's Fortress or Kahn's Arena as a stage

And as for music, how about Liu Kang's Tomb track from Deception, the Elder Gods arena track from MK4, The Tower track from MK2 or the Lost track from UMK3

Nah but seriously though an MK character isn't really the best choice, and I'm saying as one of the biggest MK fanboys around these parts. You CAN fit them in the game without gore as MK vs DC has shown but it isn't really worth the effort

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Better Now??
2. Sonic wasn't either
3. I had a hard time seeing half the characters in smash in a fighting game especially snake
4. Snake didn't use any firearms a big aspect of MGS blood wouldn't be used of course but making his moves incredibly brutal like ganons side b would work
1. Yes, much better. I had to highlight everything in order to read.
2. Thing to remember that Sonic was one of the highest requested character for SSBM and pre-SSBB. It was due to this fan reception that he got in. Hell, if the Metal Gear Solid creator and Sakurai weren't so buddy-buddy, Snake wouldn't of happened. Also, MK is from a western company. If it was extremely hard to get Sonic in Smash, imagine how hard it would be to get a Western character in? It would be awesome but chances are slim.
3. Smash has established a separate universe aside from the various universes that are inside of it. Snake didn't fit into this Smash universe but that worked for him. While Scorpion would be an interesting inclusion, I'm pretty sure his inclusion wouldn't sit well with smash and MK fans. Some smashers are still butt hurt that Snake was included. Sakurai even said himself it's extremely hard to fit 3rd party characters into the Smash universe and make them work effectively.
4. I basically summed up point 4 in point 3. But to add, neutering MK is not a good idea as seen with MKvDC. Blood and gore is one if the staples of MK. Sakurai would realize this.

:phone:

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
Those Mortal Kombat games were developed by Midway, which currently doesn't own the franchise (Because it went under). The new developers, NRS, have not released a Mortal Kombat game on a Nintendo system.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That's pretty much it, except MK Trilogy on N64, Deception on the Gamecube, and Armageddon on Wii had its own exclusive characters (Khameleon on Trilogy and Armageddon, and Goro & Shao Kahn on Deception).

Those Mortal Kombat games were developed by Midway, which currently doesn't own the franchise (Because it went under). The new developers, NRS, have not released a Mortal Kombat game on a Nintendo system.
True, but NRS has pretty much the same team of people (Ed Boon and the gang). I know Boon's a big Nintendo fan which he's expressed himself to be on many occasion and was admittedly impressed with the Wii U when he was at E3. I think a Mortal Kombat on that system is inevitable at some point, whether it's a new one or if they just port the latest game on that system.

And since this is kinda relevant to the topic, anyone remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROd0Iwq9tK8

Yeah, I know Scorpion or anyone in MK wouldn't happen in Smash, but just felt like giving my 2 cents before this thread possibly gets locked. :p

Man, if NRS was involved in SSB4 instead of Namco, methinks it would be awesome if they had an Ermac-esque Mewtwo as far as gameplay goes. Well, one can dream.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
... he's handsome? ... he's buff? ... he doesn't use guns?.....

He's by far the only mk char i can see in smash.... he's perfect!!!

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Boy, I'll enjoy seeing a character from a rated M game by midway to be in a T-Rated fighting-based game published and owned by Nintendo.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
... he's handsome? ... he's buff? ... he doesn't use guns?.....

He's by far the only mk char i can see in smash.... he's perfect!!!

Don't forget that he's Ghost Rider under the mask, another plus.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That ninja version of Jax from Special Forces? I wish they'd make him live up to his potential in MK.

Black_Star

Smash Rookie
I agree with u on that

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
People make threads for impossible characters or ones as likely as Scorpion all the time, and you bump this just to say the obvious about him? Yeah, that was pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom