• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Your Game On (Ann Arbor Michigan) Brawl demos

Vayseth

Smash Master
Okay, for all those MI smashers who wanna play brawl early, I have it and I'll be at Get Your Game On every spare moment I have.

Here are the details:

Get Your Game On
709 Packard Rd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

(for those who know downtown Ann Arbor, at the intersection of State and Packard across from Bell Pizza.)

Google Maps

Official Site

Food:
There's a Chinese Restaurant next door, Bell's Pizza across the street and Tubby's, Jimmy John's, and Big Ten Burrito less than a block from the store.

Parking:
Street parking is free after 6 pm or free on Sundays in general (in most areas... CHECK FIRST). If you want you could probably park at briarwood mall and take the 6 route into downtown ann arbor (there's a stop right at packard and state and I think it's only a dollar or two). Parking on the side of the building is for apartments and YOU WILL BE TOWED IF YOU PARK THERE. If all else fails you can wrap around in the subdivisions behind the store which will have free street parking if you can find it. Just be careful because parking tickets are $10-20 (I think) and towing is... well, too much. Be careful when parking.

Tournament:
On the main page you will see that in the Brawl release section there is news of a Melee tournament. This is a release party tournament where the prize is a copy of Smash Bros Brawl (from what I have heard). The owner told me someone was going to post the tournament up here so I'll leave that up to them. But, be clear: 1ST PLACE A FREE COPY OF BRAWL. I am unsure of other details (like I said, leaving it to whoever talked to the owner before).

Schedule:

Saturday 2-16: 11 am - 10 pm
Sunday 2-17: 12 noon - 6 pm
Monday 2-18: 5 pm - 9 pm.
Tuesday 2-19: After school activities, can't make it.
Wednesday 2-20: I work so I won't have it there
Thursday 2-21: 6 pm - 9 pm
Friday 22nd until Wed 27th: Out of town/working so no brawl =(
Thursday 28th: 11 am - 9 pm
Friday 29th: 11 am - 10 pm
Saturday 1st: 11 am - 10 pm
Sunday 2nd: 12 noon - 6 pm
Monday 3rd: 5pm - 9 pm
Tuesday 4th: 6 pm - 9 pm
Wednesday 5th: Work, no brawl
Thursday 6th: 6 pm - 9 pm
Friday 7th: 5pm - 10 pm (maybe earlier if I get out of work earlier)
Saturday 8th: Melee tournament and brawl on demo (all day, from what I hear)
Sunday 9th: Brawl's released

All of these times are tentative but I will try my best to be there at every time I have listed unless something comes up and I will try to post if there's any issues.

My name is Alex and please say hello and come out and support Ann Arbor's local game store! There's not too many of these left so please come and enjoy the brawl demo!

EDIT: MOST IMPORTANTLY- The owner has been nice enough to insure my controllers if anything were to happen. I'm going to have 4 wavebirds so there is no cord tangling or anything like that (it's just easier). If there are any serious issues with lag, I only have 2 wired controllers (one is the RE4 chainsaw controller) so I can only supply one. I don't have any issues thus far but I would rather we keep it with wavebirds, honestly. So much easier when switching people in and out.

Shameless plug:
I'm moving to Japan next year and selling off a lot of my old stuff. The list is here with all prices:

Vayseth's List of Goodies

If anyone is interested in picking up any of these items from me, please PM me (do not post it in this thread). Prices are negotiable.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Absolutely. I would of course recommend purchasing things while you are there, since this all about supporting a local game store, but if you just wanna play I got no issues with that and it is, of course, free of charge.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I just called them. They have a couple used wired GC controllers and that's it =( Gamestop in Briarwood Mall might have some?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Oh crap. I just got a second job... I might have to cut some times on Mondays and Fridays. I'm not sure yet (since I haven't had orientation) but I'll post when I have concrete info.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
****ing sweet, Alex. See you tomorrow bright and early.

btw, I thought your name was Seth... just throwing that out there.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I've been in competitive gaming for a while now and some people actually call me Seth that I've known since 8th grade XD That or "Vay". Don't feel bad XD

And no, no melee. This is all about brawl promoting.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Forgot to mention, I'll $1 mm anyone who wants too. And remember that brawl is not the same as melee so just because I'm good at melee doesn't mean I'll be automatically good at brawl.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Keep MMs under wraps guys. It's technically illegal to do it in a public establishment. If you wanna do it, make sure I or the owner don't know and if it gets outta hand, I'll stop it. It's gambling, illegal, and I kno you guys have fun with it, but don't get too carried away (not like you would, just a warning).

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
well there could be times when not many people are there. And if everyone wants to 1v1 then we can. We should also do a lot of 2v2's. And plus tomorrow is not the only day that brawl is gonna be there.

Vayseth

Smash Master
So, I just got done playing brawl. I don't have everyone unlocked but a good amount.

Characters left:
Wolf
R.O.B.
Game and Watch
Jigglypuff
Toon Link

Stages Missing:
Mario Bros
Electroplankton
Flat Zone 2
Pirate Ship
Mt. Dengan Spear Pillar

75m and Big Blue I'm not sure if I have unlocked yet. I just don't remember. However, both are use a character in 10 matches and it becomes availible (DK the former, Falcon the latter). So if I don't have them, we'll get them soon enough. Most of the others require character unlocks/event mode stuff which I didn't get to yet.

Best I could do for now =( If I played story mode more I prolly would have got them all but we basically just brawled all night so... sorry guys if you were really looking forward to one of those 5 characters or stages. However, who knows, by the end of the day we might have well achieved the amount of matches necessary for the other character unlocks XD

Anyway, I'm going to BED. I'll see ya after my 4 hour nap XD

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'll bring tips how to unlock the remaining characters and stages, a lot of them are REALLY easy.

gevenstaines

Smash Cadet
i was hoping to play as GW and wolf, but not as much as pit and lucario. GW is 250vs so we may unlock that today. wolf, on the other hand, is an incredible 450vs.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I still dislike FFA. For all of Brawl's shiny new stages and characters and music and stuff, I guess that just won't change.

Especially not when it's two stocks with items on.

Vayseth

Smash Master
No problem guys! I thank everyone who came out for the first day and I hope to see you guys again up until the US release. Enjoy this opportunity and support your local store!

kyehawk586

Smash Rookie
thanks again so much alex! it was awesome playing luigi and his awesome mcrolled taunt! i'll be sure to visit again.

Enzyme

Smash Apprentice
Mad props to Vayseth, today was crazy fun. Also, thanks to Youko and Panda for letting me in on the podcast, which were actually my first recorded matches I think (wtf?) so everyone look for that. Especially the part where the drunk girl comes in and starts rambling.

Hells yeah.

ShardZ

Smash Cadet
barring anything horribly preventive I'll be out there monday evening. I think a couple of my coworkers will be making it out there too.

as a side note, you know ZSS is top tier 'cause she takes off her clothes and throws them at you. and then she pulls out her laser whip. hot.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm going to try to show up early today and hopefully there'll be a small enough headcount to get some 1v1s in.

Vayseth

Smash Master
Okay guys, I played a lot last night and unlocked every character and every stage. I set random stage switch so now we don't have god awful levels on random. Also, I can set the time limit now. Apparently, we were able to set the time limit for some time now, we just unlocked it and no one noticed and we just kept playing. It wasn't until I got home and looked that I noticed it was there the whole time.

Anyway, almost done with my meeting, be there ASAP guys. (around 5).

Top Bottom