• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get your Pokemon Avatars here! (CLOSED)

Niiro

Smash Ace
@Niiro: Everyone has already agreed that this is the place for it. Read the last page and you can see that this is just fine. Please don't ruin this place for everyone else or I may have to take it up with someone.

-KOTH
Yes I did read, and if you actually read what I had to say, you could have phrased your response in an less aggressive manner. Firstly, not everyone has agreed that "this is the place for it." Jesiah mentioned, as many people have previously mentioned before, that maybe you should attach this fine shop you have to the CPS, where you guys basically do the same thing, but Firus did not want to do that, saying that "Yeah, it would cut down on the number of threads...but since Snucas's first post in the thread is many pages into it, he'd have to *blah blah blah*. I was just suggesting that maybe he should make a new thread, maybe reorganizing everything, and maybe planning out the thread better than it is currently. But if I recall correctly, some people have already pointed out this point, but he has refuted it for some reason (I forget D:)

Mewter

Smash Master
Hmm.. Snucas? May I request an armored mewtwo with a gold background? I like the quality control on the non-spriting art better for this type of thing, I think.
By the way, Snucas, I would recommend inverstigating more techniques for the avatars rather then the same old cool background/box/pokemon type deal. It would add more options.;)

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Yes I did read, and if you actually read what I had to say, you could have phrased your response in an less aggressive manner. Firstly, not everyone has agreed that "this is the place for it." Jesiah mentioned, as many people have previously mentioned before, that maybe you should attach this fine shop you have to the CPS,
Many? I see 1 post (and 2 if you were trying to say the same thing. How is that many? Plus more people have agreed to leave it the way it is and even Jesiah was just asking us what we thought about the idea.

where you guys basically do the same thing,

Ummm....how is spriting and avi making anything alike? I know I can't make avi's that snacus is making and I'm willing to bet there are other CPS members who can't either.

The only way there related is they both use pokemon (wither it's a pic or sprite) and are a form of art (though very different ones at that).

but Firus did not want to do that, saying that "Yeah, it would cut down on the number of threads...but since Snucas's first post in the thread is many pages into it, he'd have to *blah blah blah*.
Usually, saying *bah blah blah* can come off as you completely ignoring his post or rude. I don't know if firus took it that way but others might if you do it to them.
I was just suggesting that maybe he should make a new thread, maybe reorganizing everything, and maybe planning out the thread better than it is currently.
....by having 6 people working on sprites and one on avis? Does that not seem cluttered? Especially since a lot of the things like "~request~" how to request would have to be modified. It would also be really hard to manage.

As for making a new thread, we've discussed it exactly 100000003 times now and at the end we came to the same conclusion each time. Your not bringing a new idea. For various reasons we decided the shop will stay the way it is.

Setting up a new shop isn't always easy.

But if I recall correctly, some people have already pointed out this point, but he has refuted it for some reason (I forget D:)
Above section.

Seriously, if the creators and members of both shop agreed that keeping them separate would be the best idea I don't see what the problem is =/

-:bowser:Bowser King

I cant help it if I think your funny when your mad
Hmm.. Snucas? May I request an armored mewtwo with a gold background? I like the quality control on the non-spriting art better for this type of thing, I think.
By the way, Snucas, I would recommend inverstigating more techniques for the avatars rather then the same old cool background/box/pokemon type deal. It would add more options.;)
I am trying to get some new styles but for now people are really hitting it off and I was hoping it could make a trend. Maybe if all of the CPS members got an avi it would bring on a whole new thing! Just a thought that we can maybe discuss at a later time.

-KOTH

Niiro

Smash Ace
Many? I see 1 post (and 2 if you were trying to say the same thing. How is that many? Plus more people have agreed to leave it the way it is and even Jesiah was just asking us what we thought about the idea.
Cool.

Ummm....how is spriting and avi making anything alike? I know I can't make avi's that snacus is making and I'm willing to bet there are other CPS members who can't either.

The only way there related is they both use pokemon (wither it's a pic or sprite) and are a form of art (though very different ones at that).

No offense, but to me, all he is doing is finding some renders of Pokemon, pasting it on a background, using some effects to blend them together, and finish. I'm sure it is actually much harder than that (I can't do this **** to save my life) but I'm sure that any resonably talented graphics personish guyish dudeish man could do it with ease.

Usually, saying *bah blah blah* can come off as you completely ignoring his post or rude. I don't know if firus took it that way but others might if you do it to them.
lol man, using the quote thingy doesn't blend well with a post, and I got tired of typing. Sorry if I offended you bro

....by having 6 people working on sprites and one on avis? Does that not seem cluttered? Especially since a lot of the things like "~request~" how to request would have to be modified. It would also be really hard to manage.

As for making a new thread, we've discussed it exactly 100000003 times now and at the end we came to the same conclusion each time. Your not bringing a new idea. For various reasons we decided the shop will stay the way it is.

Setting up a new shop isn't always easy.

okay. IMO this is contradictory. Making a new thread would uncluter the CPS, by allowing the diffrent members to be on the first page and whatnot, also by clearing those 500ish (pulled that number out of my head lol) of requests and such. Honestly, is it that hard to make it ~Request Avvy~ if you want an avatar? And how exactly did you guys weight the pros/cons of making a new thread? That, actually was my original point of posting here, to ask Firus to tell me how he had thought it out.

Above section.

Seriously, if the creators and members of both shop agreed that keeping them separate would be the best idea I don't see what the problem is =/

-:bowser:Bowser King

Unneeded threads constantly bumped, (maybe) off-topic disscussions in each individual thread, looks bad having multiple threads doing similar things, a more disorganised look to the PC
Srsly, this was mainly asking Firus to tell me the pros/cons of making a new thread. I don't need all of his fanyboys attacking me lol (<--that is gonna get me some hate)

Niiro :"No offense, but to me, all he is doing is finding some renders of Pokemon, pasting it on a background, using some effects to blend them together, and finish. I'm sure it is actually much harder than that (I can't do this **** to save my life) but I'm sure that any resonably talented graphics personish guyish dudeish man could do it with ease."

Actually it is about 5 brushes put into a pattern and then a couple of adjustment layers, homemade border, picture which have to be rendered by me in most cases, some more adjusting, and finally some finishing touches. I am sorry if I come off a little rude when I am saying this but it kind of offended me that you thought anyone could do it.

-KOTH

Niiro

Smash Ace
Niiro :"No offense, but to me, all he is doing is finding some renders of Pokemon, pasting it on a background, using some effects to blend them together, and finish. I'm sure it is actually much harder than that (I can't do this **** to save my life) but I'm sure that any resonably talented graphics personish guyish dudeish man could do it with ease."

Actually it is about 5 brushes put into a pattern and then a couple of adjustment layers, homemade border, picture which have to be rendered by me in most cases, some more adjusting, and finally some finishing touches. I am sorry if I come off a little rude when I am saying this but it kind of offended me that you thought anyone could do it.

-KOTH
I forgive you. Btw, I'm gonna be out for a bit, so hold the hate till I get back.

ss118

Smash Master
Might I suggest putting all of your work into your first post also so people don't reask for something.

Great avi's also

Cease Tick

Smash Ace
No offense, but to me, all he is doing is finding some renders of Pokemon, pasting it on a background, using some effects to blend them together, and finish. I'm sure it is actually much harder than that (I can't do this **** to save my life) but I'm sure that any resonably talented graphics personish guyish dudeish man could do it with ease.
Let's say you're a chef at an Italian restaurant. You only enjoy making Italian food. Some guy comes in and orders a hamburger that isn't on the menu. Even if you have everything you need to make it, wouldn't you resent being expected being forced to do something you don't enjoy to cater to the whims of other people?

The point is, even if they're able to, you shouldn't just expect the members of the CPS to start making avatars. They may not want to.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I really don't see why you have some sort of stigma towards making a new thread. But since this really isn't the place for it, could you like, explain to your reasoning via AIM? (not PM, it is like always full >.>)
I tried looking for you on AIM last night but you were Away for as long as I could see so I didn't want to IM you.

I'll sum it up here anyways, since it actually is relevant seeing as it would PARTIALLY make it more sensible to fuse the two threads if we made a new thread (although it still wouldn't make any sense to me):

First of all, I'm not abandoning the thread we've had for nearly a year now so we can completely abandon our original shop. For another thing, it's pointless to create another thread, because as it is I see the possibility of shuffling members in the near future, and it would make the recreation of the thread completely pointless. Then what do we do, create a new thread every time it gets a little cluttered? That's just going to get confusing and annoying.

Jesiah mentioned, as many people have previously mentioned before, that maybe you should attach this fine shop you have to the CPS, where you guys basically do the same thing,
That's...not true at all. There's a rather large difference between adding funky designs to a Pokemon's background to use as an avatar and blending parts of a Pokemon to make a fusion of the two, or one of the MANY other things we do in the shop. We've had a few avatar-ish requests in the shop but that doesn't mean we do the same thing, even if you think about them at a basic level. Pokemon + Art can = many different things.

Niiro said:
Regardless of what he is doing, we may already be able to do it or we may be able to learn how through practice and such.

But I have to refer to what Cease Tick said, because this is exactly how I feel;

Let's say you're a chef at an Italian restaurant. You only enjoy making Italian food. Some guy comes in and orders a hamburger that isn't on the menu. Even if you have everything you need to make it, wouldn't you resent being expected being forced to do something you don't enjoy to cater to the whims of other people?

The point is, even if they're able to, you shouldn't just expect the members of the CPS to start making avatars. They may not want to.
We created it as "The Custom Pokemon Shop". I created the shop with Spire because we like fusing, type-changing, etc. with Pokemon. Not avatar creation. Now Snucas enjoys that, and that's great for him -- he saw some interest in the avatars so he decided to make a full shop of it.
So even if we fused the threads, he would be the sole avatar-creator. I don't know about everyone else for sure, but I know I do not have interest in making avatars as well, and I'm pretty sure most of the other members would side with me. There's nothing wrong with the avatars, in fact, I think they're quite cool; I simply have no interest in fulfilling avatar requests. I want to do sprite requests, because I love spriting. Spriting is an art form in and of itself.

Now, I'll end the arguing in this thread here as I'm sure Snucas can't enjoy this cluttering up his shop. Niiro, if you have something to say reply either via PM, VM, or AIM.

Mewter

Smash Master
Snucas, (just in case) you missed it, I'll post my request again, here, since it was lost behind all of the talking/arguing a couple pages back. :bee:
Armored/Cyber Mewtwo with a gold/silver background.

Nice shop bro.

Can I have a Groudon one please, with the background sort of f1r3y.

Thanks very much man.

Snucas, (just in case) you missed it, I'll post my request again, here, since it was lost behind all of the talking/arguing a couple pages back. :bee:
Armored/Cyber Mewtwo with a gold/silver background.
I cant find a render of an Armored Mewtwo. I have looked all over the render sites that I know of, searched on Google, and trashed through photobucket. I have tried to even find a picture I can render myself and I just cant find any decent ones. If you could find one or request something else it would be a big help to me. Thanks :bee:.

Might I suggest putting all of your work into your first post also so people don't reask for something.

Great avi's also
Well, the thing is, I dont want people to have the same avatars, or steal them.

Snucas, thanks for the Jolteon avatar. I was wondering if you could make a Bidoof one with a blue background?
Call me KOTH, and here

:bee:

-KOTH

Cratze.

Smash Rookie
Dude, awesome shop.

Can I have a Rhyperior one with the background like the one you did for the Charizard please?

Thanks man.

Mewter

Smash Master
Okay, then. I guess I'll request a picture of ZMew with a silver/purple background(more silver, please, with specks of white.) Even though it's not Mewtwo, it's still the next best thing.:)
Edit:
Don't make it look cute. Choose a nice Mew Picture that makes it look cool, if you can find one. If not, I guess I'll go with a Raichu with a Gold/Yellow Background. Actually, yeah. Let's go with the raichu.

Not really, the rendering is about the same. They don't have transparency Backgrounds so it is the same.

Edit: Except for the second one.

Dude, awesome shop.

Can I have a Rhyperior one with the background like the one you did for the Charizard please?

Thanks man.

Okay, then. I guess I'll request a picture of ZMew with a silver/purple background(more silver, please, with specks of white.) Even though it's not Mewtwo, it's still the next best thing.:)
Edit:
Don't make it look cute. Choose a nice Mew Picture that makes it look cool, if you can find one. If not, I guess I'll go with a Raichu with a Gold/Yellow Background. Actually, yeah. Let's go with the raichu.

Ill go for Mew...Pink BG
I tried just a face this time

-KOTH

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Then I wouldn't say you're rendering them. All you have to do is magic wand the white space and delete. It's like a ShamWOW!

Then I wouldn't say you're rendering them. All you have to do is magic wand the white space and delete. It's like a ShamWOW!
^ This just shows how much you know about rendering. When you use magic wand it takes all the white out EXCEPT a fugly border around the picture. Then you have a whole lot of work to do after that.

-KOTH

Marsu

Smash Cadet
If it is possible can I get one of "Tauros"!!!
(Doesn't matter what color you give me)

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
^ This just shows how much you know about rendering. When you use magic wand it takes all the white out EXCEPT a fugly border around the picture. Then you have a whole lot of work to do after that.

-KOTH
You sound pretty lazy if you think it takes time to remove the border. Maybe you should actually make a render before you start getting offensive about it. And don't use caps.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Dude awesome shop, i dont know how I missed this.

~Request~
Tyranitar
Black/Dark purple fussion background

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Can I get with Typhlosion punching Ferligator with thunderpunch and it will say Typholsion+Thunderpunch=lots of pain.

I will greatly thank you for it.

zrky

Smash Lol'd

-KOTH
just lower the thresh-hold to like 10 or 15 and your fine....the fugly border probably comes from you having a large thresh-hold set.

You sound pretty lazy if you think it takes time to remove the border. Maybe you should actually make a render before you start getting offensive about it. And don't use caps.
Ok, well that makes NO sense. If your lazy for taking time on your border, than this is the twilight zone. If you want to see some of my renders, than just look at 3/4ths of these avatars, and then think twice about bagging on someone who has years of experience in this place. And don't tell me what to do. Thanks :)

-KOTH

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
1UPChris. If you don't like KOTH or this thread, then don't post in it. Don't spam it up with needless insults.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
No worries, I'm just trying to help him out by giving him some more pics of pokemon he can use for avatars.

Ugg

Smash Champion
Still taking requests, I hope! Your avatars are great.

Would you mind doing a Garchomp one with a light green/light blue background? (a turqoise/aqua color, I guess.) Thanks!

Top Bottom