• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

gets better and better

HeroAnri

Smash Cadet
NC, Winston Salem -- Friend Code # 2148-7811-3109
This topic regards all advanced players and should interest new players as well

i see alot of old melee'ers talkin crap about brawl...and i have to admit i was one of em too
brawl isnt what people expected due to the floating/combo hazzard and people freaked...ofcourse, id be pissed too if i was skilled at l canceling and wavedashing and all of a sudden they take the **** off....
what am i left with...

Brawl...

When i first got the game, i ignored the tweaks and change of play and just played for fun...even tho im a skilled player (i am not bragging, just lettin you know im not 12 years old if u get the drift)

anyway, brawl is way more fun than melee, i think thats a fact and hard to argue against...however, many people hate on brawl because it isnt melee 2.0 again, because of combos etc...

BUT, this game, like many predicted is getting better and better, at least for me...

many predicted the game will evolve and i think that too, but it wont evolve as much as melee did...and thats fine too because like the topic title says, game gets better and better the more you play...

i say this because me and some friends had a what you would call a first STD with brawl... STD = Smash till Dawn

as we spent many hours playing it, and i have to say we are all better than average players...game kept evolving infront of our eyes...and we hardly realised it...

as soon as we got the game, we had a hard time with level 9 CPU's like most of you...

as we played this STD, we grew exponentially, and im hoping, better yet, i know most of you will too...

all of a sudden, we were dodging like crazy, air dodging, using the auto l cancel to the limit, and game pace became overwhelmingly FAST!

it was killing spree really, edge hogging became possibly again, meteor spiking was insane...since i use marth, i have a relatively easy down spike and we were making comebacks like crazy...one would be down 2 lives and get back up by spiking to win it in the end which made it really fun...even with donkey kong, ganon, etc, spiking was crazy...things like foxes shine...when all hope was gone, a friend did a double shine on me sending me to the pits and i was amazed...foxes shine actually works wonders...if not better than before..since its so much bigger and easier to hit with...

more and more we mastered each character, more we saw the possibilities and tournament value...it just happens that we heard the tournament that was won by Snake not too long ago with a Marvel player winning second place with diddy kong...

after playing for so long, we realised there really isnt too many top tiers...if u ask me...id say 2-3 characters excell in some moves but still are beatable by other characters. margins between characters arnt that great, but are different.

i made this topic to give people hope for 1 v 1 matches, thats all...i ****in love smashing brawl every day just like i played melee...and i cant help till tournaments start getting orginized...

1 v 1 will be just as good as melees in couple of months i guarantee it...(maybe not exactly the same but yeah...up there)

Mr. Pants

Smash Apprentice
i concur with your reasoning my friend. one of my good friends is one of the brawl bashers that has not made the transition very well as he used wavedashing etc. a lot. but i love this game. yay

XxLunar_KnightxX

Smash Rookie
i agree wholeheartedly-- i had a similar experience with towo of my friends ofver the weekend. i beleive, currently, that melee has more in it than brawl, but that brawl, having been just released, will take some time for all its secrets and ATs to be found. once they have been, i can safely say, brawl will reach the same, if not a higher, level than what melee is at now.

and i fail at typing on a QWERTY board.

Cepheus

Smash Cadet
most definitely

No matter how you look at it, Brawl is here and it is ridiculously fun!

Timeaisis

Smash Cadet
Nice post. Unfortunately, I haven't smashed till dawn. Yet. But I was pretty close, I did go a good five hours or so. The more I play, like you, the more I see the potential. And while everyone else seems to be trying to find all these new ATs, I'm seriously just playing for fun, just like I did with Melee...with the slight hopes that I'll just learn as I go. Great post.

Top Bottom