• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting a perfect Wavelanding

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
So when I perfect wavedash, am i dodging before i leave the ground? or after just one frame of leaving the ground?

because if i'm dodging while on the ground but having activated a jump, then i couldn't waveland at the exact time i land on a platform..it will have to be a few frames earlier and at an angle of some kind right? just wondering

Aiko

Smash Champion
sorry but do you know what wavelanding is? your 2nd line seems to be a bit muddled.

Wavelanding is wavedashing a full jump or a fall or whatever really. It just adds the slide to your landing whether it be for position or mindgames.

Psi

Smash Cadet
Yeah. Wavelanding is air dodging into the ground on the way down from a jump or after running off of a platform.

And you know what wavedashing is. I could be wrong but I believe perfect would be the first frame after leaving the ground. I don't think its possible to airdodge before leaving the ground.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
ya, looking back, me engrish..could use a little work;)

but ya, Psi answered my question..wasn't sure if you are able to air dodge once a jump button has been pressed, or after you have left the ground.

of course, i wasn't thinking straight..of course you can't dodge till they leave the ground..else everyone would have the same timing on wavedashing..

anyways, wavelanding should work then while keeping the same angle i use for perfect wavedashing..i just don't have the reflexes to time it yet very well. i get a waveland, but rarely the full distance

Top Bottom