• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting bodied by good G&W (s)

Eruvala

Smash Rookie
Has anyone else had a lot of trouble beating G&W as roy?
I can't punish his Bair, his grab combos are unreal due to our fast falling speed, yet we are light enough so that after just
2 or 3 grabs we are in kill range. I can't get in on a G&W that is using Up-smash due to its super armor, if I wait for it to end, I risk getting attacked since my best option is to dash attack. Up smash has so little lagg the G&W can dash attack me, or simply throw another Upsmash or even Downsmash out. It seems that he is also able to use multiple jabs instead of doing the full thing, if I am not in shield they can instantly run out and dash attack. Being in shield as roy isn't a favorable position for me since outside of blazer I find roy to have weak OoS options. Like I said earlier, Bair along with any other char that can space moves means they can do this safley, forcing me to be the aggressor, and being aggressive VS G&W sucks, since I can't even do a decent string let alone simple combo due to his weight.

Would love feedback to improve my G&W game, OoS punish game and my general MU vs heavily defensive chars / frame data kings. If a G&W player reads this, I would love to get bodied by you so I can learn this MU. Thanks for reading people.

Top Bottom