• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Getting the shaft...Stage wise

Primetime84

Smash Cadet
Pretty much asking which characters do you think got bad stages or stages that could have been a little better. All opinion and personal preference.

I believe Mario got the best stages. Mushroomy Kingdom, Delfino Plaza and even Luigi's Mansion are all awesome. And Fox's Lylat Cruiser is just as awesome as any of his past stages.

Out of all the characters to get crappy stages it's either Yoshi or Ice Climbers for me. Yoshi's have always been small and simple while IC's scroller stunk and Summit IMO sucks just as bad. Yoshi could have had a stage from Super Mario Bros. 4, or a flat Yohsi's Island stage. IC's stages are all lost causes haha

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Pretty much asking which characters do you think got bad stages or stages that could have been a little better. All opinion and personal preference.

I believe Mario got the best stages. Mushroomy Kingdom, Delfino Plaza and even Luigi's Mansion are all awesome. And Fox's Lylat Cruiser is just as awesome as any of his past stages.

Out of all the characters to get crappy stages it's either Yoshi or Ice Climbers for me. Yoshi's have always been small and simple while IC's scroller stunk and Summit IMO sucks just as bad. Yoshi could have had a stage from Super Mario Bros. 4, or a flat Yoshi's Island stage. IC's stages are all lost causes haha
Yoshi DOES have a stage from Super Mario Bros. 4, it's just that it's from Melee

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Actually...that's taken from Super Mario World...
granted if we're thinking of the same stage...of course...
:)
Super Mario Bros. 4 IS Super Mario World... You must've meant Super Mario Bros. 3, but that'd be a Mario Series arena, not a Yoshi Series one.

:034:

Smash Hero
Metroid got the worst stages. Sure, Frigate Orpheon is a cool idea, but Artifact Temple would've been better for a Prime representative. Oh well..

dude984

Smash Cadet
Super Mario Bros. 4 IS Super Mario World... You must've meant Super Mario Bros. 3, but that'd be a Mario Series arena, not a Yoshi Series one.
holy crap...all these numbers and naming schemes are getting to me...ahhhhh!

Demon_machinE

Smash Journeyman
Also wrong.

It goes

SMB
SMB2(Released as SMB:The Lost Levels in the US.)
Super Doki Panic or Doki Doki Panic (forgot the name) (Not a SMB game in JP, but became one in the move to the U.S.)
SMB3 U.S. and JP which is technically SMB4 U.S.

SMB5 = Super Mario World.

B. Rock

Smash Rookie
Also wrong.

It goes

SMB
Super Doki Panic or Doki Doki Panic (forgot the name) (Not a SMB game in JP, but became one in the move to the U.S.)

.. Naaah. It doesn't exactly work that way. SMB2 and Doki Doki Panic was parallel and both Super Mario Bros. 2. Super Mario Bros. 3 was universally known as the 3rd installment.

Rovec

Smash Rookie
Wow, I'm afraid I've gotta disagree. I think Yoshi and the Ice Climbers both got excellent stages in Brawl. Yoshi Story is one of my favorite games on the SNES and the stage captured the feel of the game very well.

As for the Ice Climber's stage, how can you not love man eating fish? :p

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
The only reason Mario got the best Stages is because it has 6 including Rainbow Ride. ONE of those had to be awesome, lawl.

Personally, I think Kirby deserved, if not better stages, at least more stages. Battleship Halberd is kind of fun, but the whole purple sky thing is a little dull, and since I was never a huge fan of Green Greens, I wasn't left happy with the Kirby Stages. Actually, Fountain of dreams sucked too(cheap Battlefield clone IMO), so I guess I only really liked the N64 one.

But anways, I just think Kirby deserved another new Brawl stage, like maybe one from Kirby 64 or something.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Also wrong.

It goes

SMB

It's Super Mario Bros 2 in the US and called Super Mario USA outside the US.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
The only reason Mario got the best Stages is because it has 6 including Rainbow Ride. ONE of those had to be awesome, lawl.

Personally, I think Kirby deserved, if not better stages, at least more stages. Battleship Halberd is kind of fun, but the whole purple sky thing is a little dull, and since I was never a huge fan of Green Greens, I wasn't left happy with the Kirby Stages. Actually, Fountain of dreams sucked too(cheap Battlefield clone IMO), so I guess I only really liked the N64 one.

But anways, I just think Kirby deserved another new Brawl stage, like maybe one from Kirby 64 or something.
Haha, N64's Kirby stage was just like battlefield too haha..! More similar if you ask me..!
BUT I loved the soundtrack to it, and Idk it's just awesome--I love taht stage, boo green greens or anything

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I think 75m is a horrible stage, but I like Rumble Falls so I can't say DK got the worst stages, and even though I don't like Luigi's Mansion the other Mario stages are pretty fun to fight on. I'd probably say Mother/Earthbound got the shaft... New Pork City is just not fun for me at all, I once had a 10 minute stock battle with 3 lives and it only ended that soon because one player left and I messed up twice. ^^; Though if you count Melee stages then I'm not really sure... I guess I'll stand by my choice.

EDIT: I take that back, I HATE Distant Planet... not as much as 75m but I seriously dislike it... so I guess I'll choose Pikmin for the series that got the worst stage. =/

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I think DK got the shaft in terms of stages. Rumble Falls is meh and 75m sucks imo. Jungle Japes is decent, though.

Also agreeing with lack of Kirby stages. Halberd is fun and all, but...wow. 3 characters and 1 stage (2 if you count Green Greens)? Same for Star Fox, I suppose, but I have no real knowledge of the series so I can't really weigh in on that.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
I don't like New Pork City, and Lylat Cruise isn't so great after playing on amazing Fox stages like Corneria. But overall I'm happy with the stage selection, I just wish that Fox got a better stage and that there was another Kirby level. Also, Norfair isn't really designed very well, it's pretty and has a nice background (And if you think about it, the background could of been a stage of it's own. Just look at it), but isn't as good as past Metroid stages.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
A lot of the stages are just...bad...

Donkey Kong's come to mind. The returning stage was good, but the new ones are just annoying. The concept of 75m is cool, but I don't think it works very well as a stage, personally.

Kirby is another. The stages chosen are good, but they expect Battleship Halbard to represent THREE Kirby characters? In single player mode it's weird to have that as Kirby and King Dedede's stage. Where's Fountain of Dreams? It would have been awesome to have Kirby fight King Dedede on that stage.

There are more, I just don't feel like anymore ranting, lol.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Actually I change my mind again... I hate New Pork City and if you don't count Melee stages then I think Mother/Earthbound got the shaft. =/ I mean at least DK has Rumble Falls which I like to make up for 75m... and I dislike Distant Planet because there's no REAL reliable ground to stand on and it's set up oddly in my opinion but at least I can see my characters and tell the background from the actual stage itself. <.<

User33

Smash Journeyman
I would say Donkey Kong. I hate both of the levels, although Jungle Japes is fine.

I was really dissapointed that Star Fox, Kirby, Fire Emblem, and Mother didn't get another stage though. All these series had at least 2 characters. Another Yoshi and F-Zero one wouldn't hurt either.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
Nevermind what I said about Norfair, I've been playing on it alot recently and it's alot of fun. It's pretty too.

There could of been another new Kirby stage though. Mt. Dedede or Green Greens 2 would of been great.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Rumble falls sucks. As does flat zone 2.

I was hoping Sonic's stage would be on the ARK. There's nothing wrong with his stage it's just that the Ark would have been cooler.

Also Silver shouldn't be there. Silver is a 'mo and should be treated as such.

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
Mother.
Onett and New pork city. probably the worst stages ever (am i missing a mother stage?)
not to mention THREE SONGS for Mother, but that's a different story.
Onett was hated, New Pork City isn't nearly as fun as Temple cause it's TOO DANG BIG.
the characters actually shrink!
...but i guess most of my hatred comes from the music, which is a part of the stage.

NinjaBunnyZ

Smash Rookie
Marvin is right. New Pork City is like the big version New York City since the city is so dang big. Same thing with New pork. It took me 5 MINS TO GET NESS OUT THE MAP! I thought it would be 2 mins.

Onett had a little changes. In SSBM, the yellow ! since was bigger than now. Did Brawl had a reason to minimize the yellow sign? People may not see it.

Top Bottom