• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GGGGrrrrr I'm starting to get annoyed at campers!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
... particularly of the lucario kind.

I was fighting one in particular and it was CONSTANT camping, followed by FSmash and Utilt whenever I got close. I can't seem to get through to him. I've noticed toad works great, but it's just not enough. My peach isn't handling campers too well, even with the float.

Any tips?

EDIT:: Stamped. Case closed. I've just checked the match-up thread! But still, how does a fellow peach main deal with the likes of campers?

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
Power shield and approach carefully and patiently. Carry a turnip with you, and when you're close, bluff to make it seem like you're about to throw it and punish if he falls for the trick. There are more efficient ways to safely get the first hit when you have approached safely, but I'm about to leave and can't think of more ways atm. :dizzy:

Villi

Smash Lord
Just keep him trapped against the ledge. Keep a turnip in hand to keep him from getting around you and punish rolls with floated aerials. Apply pressure with turnips and short hopped dairs starting from his roll distance and back. Toss turnips in the air and attack when they would fall on him where he'd need to jump/roll to avoid you. Auto-floated Auto-cancelled fairs to auto floated bairs and similar moves also work and can work in combination with turnips. Reverse glide tossing a turnip behind them is shield safe and will also punish rolls.

Top Bottom