• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gift for a girl

pickle962

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=2706]Gift for a girl[/drupal]

I've been thinking of giving a gift to a girl at my school whom I like.(keep in mind that the girl and I are just friends) She gave me a "love token" a few weeks back which was a brownie and I threw it away which made her mad. She's gotten over it and we're on good terms again. I felt kinda stupid about throwing her "love token" and decided to give her a "love token" of my own. Any suggestions? I can draw pretty good. I only draw manga by the way.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
If she's into that, I'd say go ahead. Don't get mad if she doesn't like it though, that would prove you to be a total jerk.

A brownie might work too.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Give her a pickle ;)
Seriously, uhh I can only think of...I have no clue actually. I guess some sort of picture. Just make sure it isn't like...offensive to her <.<

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Obviously you get her pantyhose.

...Wait, this isn't AiB where I can troll and get away without an infraction... :/

On a more serious note, give her something from the heart. Can't go wrong with that.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
A brownie might work too.
Quoted for being the funniest thing I've read all week. Seriously!

*still laffing*

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

ok now that's over with.

:laugh::laugh:

><

nah I can't think of anything, that reply was just so funny anything else seems to pale in comparison.

:laugh:

altairian

Smash Lord
I'm so confused. Why would you throw away a perfectly good brownie? And what makes you so sure it was a "love token". Maybe she just made some brownies at home and was sharing :p

But yeah if you're a good artist then a drawing would work fine I'm sure. Just don't make it something a girl wouldn't like, like two dudes fighting or something :p

bobson

Smash Lord
Who the **** throws away brownies?

Are you some kind of *******?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
A brownie is fine too...

You could make her an elaborate origami heart with a pleasing message alongside it saying something along the lines of "I accidentally threw away a piece of your heart with that brownie, so here's part of mine to compensate."

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Give your aortic valve to her.

Or send her a letter (a real letter, not an electronic one) saying why you like her so much.
You just seriously made me laugh Frown. I woke up my room mate.

Being a girl maybe I can help. The letter idea is great, especially if you describe her in it while saying what you like.

Give her the whole "My love for you burns like the white hot intensity of a thousand burning suns". Only don't quote the Fairly Oddparents.

Or give her something of yours that is special to you for her to keep. Nothing too crazy valuable though.

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
You know her a lot better than we do, get her something you know she'll enjoy. There's no generic gift that every person in the world loves to receive (except maybe chocolate... if they're not allergic or anything). For example, if I had given my ex-girlfriend a handmade letter, describing all the reasons why I loved her, filled with cheesy, corny "My love for you burns like the white hot intensity of a thousand burning suns" messages, it would've made her feel awkward and uncomfortable. Yet, there's plenty of women out there that would tear up and call you the sweetest guy in the world if you did something like that.

Also... She gave you a special love token brownie and you threw it away?!

Ryne

Smash Cadet
Why would you throw away a brownie dude?

My only advice is to give her a letter (written one, not electronic) apologizing about the brownie incident.

n88

Smash Lord
Colaya knows what he's talking about. If she gives you another brownie you don't want, get in touch with me, and I'll tell you where you can mail it.

On a more serious note, listen to the other people in this thread (Except for Frown). Something fairly sentimental will probably work.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Get something cheap that seems completely random that she can keep in her purse/on a keychain. Come up with something witty/funny about it and I can almost guarentee that she'll carry it around and that it'll be a story she'll tell her friends. Seriously, don't go over three bucks for this but put some thought into it. Also, don't be sappy about it. Contrary to logic, at this stage in the relationship, you'll weird her out more by being sappy than being weird. Being unpredictible is important in an relationship so as long as you don't give her something like a plastic heart or a kitten's skull, you should be good.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Thanks for the ideas guys. I think I'll go with a letter and drawing. I'm going to have to pass on the **** in a box idea.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Obviously you get her pantyhose.

...Wait, this isn't AiB where I can troll and get away without an infraction... :/

On a more serious note, give her something from the heart. Can't go wrong with that.
lol AiB doesn't let me get away with it D:

anyways give her a brownie

rhan

Smash Hero
Get her ONE rose. Or a small stuffed animal.

Then get something a little more each month or so....

If you give a lot one time they expect twice as much the next time.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
So my question is why did you throw away the brownie in the first place? If you're diabetic you shoulda just told her instead of throwin away the brownie in her face. My advice is to ask her out on a date (assuming you're old enough to drive). I'm not so affectionate toward women as most ppl, I just do best to do the grown up ASAP. But if you wanna get all lovey dovey take her to a cold stone or something like that and share their brownie ice cream thing. Sharing saves money and prevents diabetic comas.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
But that gift always wins the ladies over! :laugh:

Seriously though, just relax, gift the gift, and best of luck.
*is getting won over* I like this idea haha.

Yeah, honestly I think as long as it comes from your heart she'll like it. Be creative.

Top Bottom