• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Giga" Final Smashes. (A video-inspired topic)

Shadow's Wrath

Smash Rookie
[Edited as of December 23rd, 2009]

This is prolly a well-known glitch and/or tactic at this point but I'm posting this topic regardless to make sure it's mentioned at least once. I am NOT the original finder of said glitch/tactic....Xenozoa425, aka "WiiGuy425" is. Thusly, I take no credit for finding this glitch/tactic, as it all should go to him instead. If this topic is in the wrong area of SmashBoards, please feel free to move it to a more appropriate area. I don't want to offend anyone....

While I was enjoying myself on YouTube one day, I stumbled upon a video that showed a rather cool trick with multiple Final Smashes and the Dialga/Palkia laser at Spear Pillar. The idea was that the Final Smashes of each specific character froze time while they were in play while the lazer continously did damage to them as the Final Smash played out.

I immediately expounded upon this and made a video response of it; adding in Smart Bombs for extra damage.

Video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn4jXPLLxrU

As you can see, Link's Triforce Slash freezes time while the lazer continously fires. This also works with other characters namely (to the best of my memory) Toon Link, Ike, Samus, (if you time her Zero Laser right) Metaknight, Olimar, (best used with center laser) Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, (unsure) possibly Kirby, (though I don't know if the players are immune to the Laser while in the cooking pot) and Ganondorf, along with others.

A commenter on the original Giga Final Smash video came up with several names for the moves. I've come up with a few of them myself, (with Xenozoa425 help) even if the glitch/tactic may not work for them. (I admit, more research must be done....) Here's all of them.

-Link/Toon Link: Triforce Rend
-Metaknight: Galaxia Hellbound, Galaxia Rend
-Samus: Zero Tractor Laser
-Olimar: End of Doomsday, End of All
-Ike: Giga Aether
-Lucario: Aura Omni-Storm, Aura Limit
-Ganondorf: Roar of Darkness, Hell Ganon.
-Kirby: Pot of Hell, Pot of Doom
-Marth: Critical End, Critical Finish
-Pokemon Trainer: Desperate Tactics, Hyper Finish
-Mario: Plasma Finale
-King DeDeDe: Death Chime

Sadly, after time, YouTube did what YouTube does best and deleted the original video for some odd reason.

And now, the main points of this topic.

1. Finalize the appropriate names for the attacks.
2. Do more research on them and find out who can do it and who can't.
3. And have sum lulz and throw in items in Training Mode for moar damage and epic WIN.

Finally, I fully admit the odds of this glitch/tactic being able to be used in actual combat are slim to none. But I still think it's pretty cool and I'd like to have fun with it along with every Smasher who feels like joining in. Hope you're cool with that.

Here's the list of the currently made videos....

-Olimar: End of Doomsday to Multiple Blast Boxes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzOnsh3o0ys

-Ike: Giga Aether to Multiple Blast Boxes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHSy2piFNwA&feature=video_response

-Samus: Zero Tractor Laser to Multiple Smart Bombs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfXTLaQ-wA8

-Pokémon Trainer: Desperate Tactics to Multiple Smart Bombs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpR4loDVlk8

-Mario: Plasma Finale to Multiple Smart Bombs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhqN5WFUTpk

Enjoy.

-Shadow's Wrath

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
This is pretty lame IMO...
This whole thread seems rather pointless, 'tis a situational technique on a banned stage involving one of the most broken items, it doesn't really look that cool, all it does is an instant kill...

This is like me making a topic about using Ike's Neutral Special in training mode and spawning heaps of Blast Boxes.

Insetick

Smash Apprentice
This whole thread seems rather pointless, 'tis a situational technique on a banned stage involving one of the most broken items, it doesn't really look that cool, all it does is an instant kill...

This is like me making a topic about using Ike's Neutral Special in training mode and spawning heaps of Blast Boxes.
Ike doesn't stop time :p

This is a cool find; I wonder if final smashes could stop time and stuff on other stages now...

Shadow's Wrath

Smash Rookie

If you play Brawl+, you have the option of using the Level Freezer code in order to take out the lasers and whatnot from Spear Pillar.

Of course, while that makes it easier to play on, (and more tourney worthy) it takes away the stage's originality. So it's possible for opinions to differ on this.

As for the overkill.....

SHUT IT. SHADOW LIKE EXPLOSIONS. MIND YUR OWN BUSINESS.

.....Or on a more mature note, I guess it could be said that it can be used mid-battle, however unlikely it is to happen.

Meh, it's up to you. None of my business to downsize your opinion anyways. :/

I am the founder of this little trick. I found it over a year ago, in August of 08. I noticed how Ike's FS froze time, and I thought to myself "Spear Pillar". So I went to the SP, and waited...and waited...and finally, it happened. It was pretty cool, it did over 300 damage. I recorded it and posted it on YouTube. About 5 months later, I made a mini-tage on Giga FS's, with 7 different people.

The following people can do this (Some freeze time, others require crucial timing):

-Ike
-Link / Toon Link
-Meta Knight
-Lucario
-Samus
-Olimar
-Mario
-Luigi (Possibly)
-Ganondorf
-Kirby
-King Dedede
-Pokemon Trainer
-Marth

Any other FS that is able to freeze/slow time is also useable.

I also tried this on the Lava-Waterfall @ Norfair, and the giant laser @ Halberd.
Both were successful. I even did them successfully on a WiFi match (Which I will post soon).

You gotta admit, it's creative and cool. Your not really supposed to use items anyways (The FS does the work for you). There's nothing wrong with an epic, awesome-looking 1-hit kill, is there?

I'll be re-posting my videos soon, and I'm also an avid Brawler.
Check out my YouTube to contact me, and for my FCs. The link is as follows:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xenozoa425

bobson

Smash Lord
This sort of thing makes me wish Dedede could throw items with items off so there would be at least one circumstance in competitive play where this could happen and be amazing.

Top Bottom