• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

valoem

Smash Journeyman
Someone needs to talk to nintendo NOW about L-canceling and wavedashing because even though there are few new advance techniques the removal of wd and l canceling is setting up for noob galore. I know the game is still in beta, however this is our only chance to speak to nintendo about the competitive nature of smash. With the removal of air dodge and all these other technique sounds like gambling. No one can consistantly be the best player because too much luck is involved.

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Would it be possible to update a full list of alternate colors, taunts, and maybe some info about victory music, and voice acting?

_X_

Smash Lord
BUT MARIO HAS THE WARIO AND LUIGI ALT COLORS IN HIS COSTUMES....

SO I MEAN, WE ALREADY HAVE WARIO AND LUIGI (LUIGI IS SURE AS SUNSHINE GOING TO BE IN BRAWL) AND FROM WHAT I HEARD, THE SHADE OF GRAY THAT FOX IS IN HIS "WOLF" ALT ISN'T THE RIGHT SHADE OF GREY, NOR IS THEIR AN EYEPATCH.

(SERIOUSLY, MY CAPS LOCK IS LIKE IMPRINTED INTO THE KEY BOARD, I CAN'T PRY IT ;.; )
TROOTH. You may be right... You may be crazy? >_> Never mind. *cAPZ PWN'D*

Hey guys, its my first post here and I'm a little nervous, hehehe...
Your use of the word "****" is ****ing infuriating. How old are you? Do you know what **** is?
Hey Gimpyfish! Turn your baseball cap around when I'm speaking to you!
Now listen, I can understand that your insecure because, lets face it, you just wrote that ****... Still, that doesn't make you more of a man to make light of one of the most terrible things on earth. This is not your buddies living room. This is a forum.
... and for god's sake turn that Limp Bizkit down!
If your going to use the word **** that casually there are things that people will assume about you:
1. Your 15
2. Your a ****ing moron
3. you belong to this message board.
Seriously, who says that kind of ****? Who are you? Some kids creepy uncle?
Just do me a favor and find a place to die...
And for Christ's sake throw away that shirt!
Get your act together son. Make something out of yourself. Stop doing drugs. Quit letting your kid run around shirtless in the streets.
If I had a genie I'd have him **** you. Better yet, I'd set him free... like Alladin.
Learn to play virtua fighter....
BYE!
1. Your 15.
2. Your a ****ing moron
3. **** your mouth.

That's like, ****** a 15 year old ******! Wait, that wasn't my point. What are you talking about Genie's and Aladdin? Sure you aren't the one enjoy a bong hit before and after each pointless post you make on boards for video games. Get your act together, son.

Although this post was a little premature (THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!!) as I don't know what the hell your talking about I still think it's valid. Post first, logic comes later.. well usually never then rather than later, but we can dream.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
good **** i hope that pt and specifically squirtle ****

squuuuuuuuuuiiiiiiiiiiirtle

god i love that turtle

love the post, thanks for sharing dude. nice to get a wee taste of how the game will differ.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
if i play PT im just gonna leave squirtle in cuz hes going to be god tier, he has like water

by the way good podcast

and I just made up the term super duper egg throw, its actually just a regular egg throw expcept you rise up a little i think, from what I hear, but from now on im gonna call the super duper egg throw

Nova X81

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4768-7615-3064
Switch FC
SW-1268-6324-2517
All I want for Brawl is a top-tier Ganon. Please Sakurai, please.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Someone needs to talk to nintendo NOW about L-canceling and wavedashing because even though there are few new advance techniques the removal of wd and l canceling is setting up for noob galore. I know the game is still in beta, however this is our only chance to speak to nintendo about the competitive nature of smash. With the removal of air dodge and all these other technique sounds like gambling. No one can consistantly be the best player because too much luck is involved.
Tell that to poker players who win consistantly.

Also, the Brawl updates say Sakurai doesn't give a crap about the competitive scene.

Wait... ****. I got trolled. ;_;

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Gimpy, in your opinion, should tournaments start out with Smash Orbs enabled? And if so do you think they will stay on in tournaments for a long time, or be quickly disabled?

I haven't played the demo, but it seems from statements I'm reading that they aren't the OMG WIN button that people feared, and unlike every other item, what they do is VERY unique per character and a part of what makes each character's moveset, so having them on or off would affect character balance and tier lists much more drasticly than any normal item. Thus it seems they should be considered different from other items in consideration for inclusion in tournaments. But what do you feel?

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
Oh no.....Who will I main now? I play spacies and only and always play the best characters in the game, but I don't like sword characters. I'm gonna play the character which requires the most tech skill. because I'm mostly techskill. I'm so sad. Can you jump cancel Sonics Dash? Multidashing? Sigh...

*Goes and practices Mario*

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Too much new info, the internets on fire, my brain is crying.

And this is after just one day. Keep up the good work Gimpy and all the rest that are helping to bring us info.

Gea

Smash Master
Ike plays nothing like Marth and Fox really isn't the worst, but he is nerfed. He's more on Mario's level in Melee, to give you a comparison of "brokenness"

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
wow. I never liked Fox but I at least thought he would be more worth than this. bahh its only the beginning im pretty sure everything will work out for the better and fox will be back where he was on spam tier.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
It has been fun guys, but I am going to get some sleep.

later. Heres to hoping for more info! XD

Gea, play Yoshi a little more tomorrow, gimme the skimmy on him if you can.

ZachSoup

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh, peach's dsmash sucks. a lot.

evidence.
Neal = Peach
Hugo = Samus

Neal vs Hugs.

Super Sudden Death Mode.
Peach = Dsmash
Samus = SURVIVES. AND EASILY.
Samus = win.

yeah, its horrendous.
::Hugs God::

Zach- "Thanks God, you rule!"

God- :laugh: "hahahaha right back at ya bucko"

::God rises toward the heavens in a maginficent floating elevator of light as Dragonforce guitar solos play in the background::

See? Praying does pay off.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
fox will still be mid - high tier

i dont think its like kirby from 64 - melee where he goes from the best character in the game to the worst

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Ike sounds like everything I could hope for and more- except for his recovery, I guess. Still, the power + no flinch frames make him sound like he'll rely heavily on mind games and timing to win. Just like everyone else- I can't wait to play this game.

Metal_Doc

Smash Journeyman
I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if this question was asked but did you guys get any videos recorded of you guys playing? Epecially for the money match.

Mama

Smash Ace
Thanks for the info. I main Peach atm (with a little Ganondorf on the side) from what other people are saying her aerials are pretty good (probably better) I'm not to torn about the little nerfing her dsmash got since I try not to spam it toooo much but it does suck seeing as it was one of my major killing moves. I'm sure I'll adapt and likely find a new main (TP Ganon ftw).

It really sucks to hear about Fox though. Its the saddest thing since the delay. I don't play as him but my brother does. Lucky for him we're both huge Sonic fans so while it may suck to lose a friend since Smash64 to nerfing he might find sanctuary in the blue blur. Hopefully Fox simply has a different play style and can still be considered a high tier character.

EDIT : I think its kick *** that you guys are already discovering advanced tactics. Hopefully some of these things are retained in the real game.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
mindgames don't matter if someones moves are slow enough that you can react to avoid them

any character can be played to mindgames or tech or winning or anything that's not what's important

people who like mindgame characters are those who didn't work their *** off for years to get good tech skill, so having the game slower is a big blow to us

and having no wavedashing hurts me the 2nd most of all the top pros, right behind Chu.

-

-

GIMPY big questions, can you CC into a JC grab? (hold down and simultaneously press X+Z I guess or w/e buttons needed). If you crouch and try to press Z to grab, do you down tilt (like you would in melee since down + Z produces down tilt)

Test a bunch of CC related things for me, and DD grab (DD into a JC grab like I do with Marth/Fox in Melee). How does it relate to crawling, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom