• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Repryx

Smash Champion
yes...we know I wonder if there is gonna be a random air wavedash that Im gonna discover cuz Im so flyy? lolz I really cant wait to get my hands on this.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
yes...we know I wonder if there is gonna be a random air wavedash that Im gonna discover cuz Im so flyy? lolz I really cant wait to get my hands on this.
Too late, I discovered it.

@Gimpy: what was the most powerful attack (knockback wise) in the demo? I don't want the programmers to make Ike as "powerful" as Bowser and Sonic having the most powerful upsmash in the game (like fox or pika).

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Too late, I discovered it.

@Gimpy: what was the most powerful attack (knockback wise) in the demo? I don't want the programmers to make Ike as "powerful" as Bowser and Sonic having the most powerful upsmash in the game (like fox or pika).
Well Ike moved slower than bowser really, so it'd be fair for him to hit harder.

_X_

Smash Lord
Yo Gimpy, I just wanted to ask, did Fox's A attacks seem to have more range then they did in Melee. Form what I've seen, a great example being his rapid kicks, it seems his legs are longer.

Care to clarify or was I just seeing things

Kentalish

Smash Lord
its like 3 months away i guess alot cuz they said they made the demo at last second put all that they could on the disks... they wernt even discs with brawl named on it

Igneous42

Smash Ace
i was just wondering... how much can the game really change between now and release.....
Well you have to think japan release (jan ???) so not a whole ton but they can fix/change little things. They aren't gonna overhaul characters completely or anything.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Hey I got a question about the mechanics of fastfalling.

Is it possible to fastfall WHILE doing an aerial? In SSBM most shffl'd aerials were performed that way, but this is not possible in SSB. In SSB you couldn't fastfall until your aerial attack was over. I have a feeling that it is like it is in SSBM, but the new L-canceling mechanics make me unsure of it.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Does the new way to L-cancel mean it's impossible to l-cancel Ike's fair since it comes out so slow, and FF'ing it you would hit the ground before it came out? Or has it really been that long since I played. O_o

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I think gimpys already got all the character info finished. Hes just gonna wait to give us information. Like we have a day with a crappy dojo update.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
no i dont have it finished i'm posting it as i finish, sorry but i haven't had 20 straight hours to dedicate to writting out brawl information just yet XD

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Thanks for the update Gimpy. It seems you were kinda exaggerating with your first impressions anyway, so I didnt make too much out of it. Well, it's nice that at least the Top Tier seems to have changed, but that was expected ^_^

Looking forward to the rest of the impressions, Gimpy. Especially interested in Peach and Pit, mind you :D

Greez,
Serp

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
holy #+§%
i go to bed, and the next day i come on, this threat has 10 pages more O.o

and i didnt sleep too long...

i love gimpy (you dont even have to edit ^^)

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
*Read Fox and Diddy*

It's good to hear that Fox is being toned down.

And Diddy sounds like a fun character, if not challenging. Can't wait to play him.

*Waits for the next ones*

Don Muffin

Smash Journeyman
gimpy, when you do your mario write up, could you do a comparison with his down aerial now (tornado) vs his drill kick? which is better?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow this thread is expanding like crazy. Just a few days ago it seems like it was barely hitting 10 pages. Now look at it. Congrtas Gimpy and thanks for the updates. I bet it feels good to be the best at Brawl without it completely being released yet. That means you are number one guaranteed for at least 3 and a half months more :D

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
we should do this update one by one and last just to spite beggars like this guy.

jeez

if you wanted to know so bad about taunts/costumes, why not look elsewhere? I bet they've been mentioned before. sounds like you're just too lazy to

chill brah. The costumes are else where but the taunts aren't...lets get all tuants for every chracter explained...HELL YEA

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
chill brah. The costumes are else where but the taunts aren't...lets get all tuants for every chracter explained...HELL YEA
those ar the least important things that we need to be concerned with...
Agreed!!! We should worry about the important stuff...Like does Mario have upb walljump still lol? I'm kidding, the taunts would be a good idea but I doubt gimpy wants to post all of those right now and when you think about it you would really like to know about some more of the characters first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom