• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Girls/Guys/Relationships

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshisrad

Smash Lord
Blackadder. There are still cliques. But they don't really matter. They don't matter in HS either. But the thing is, at college, the freshman girls just want to explore new things in their new life (aka get pounded by the upperclassmen and basically anyone with tight game). Generally speaking.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
but that doesn't mean they aren't still girls, and aren't fully capable of waking up one day and realizing that they have "grown apart" from you, a change to which you are completely oblivious (for good reason, because its not true.)

basically, you should just become a cat, like i have. there are so many advantages

you get to sleep all the time, or stay up as long as you want for as long as you want

you eat fish, everyone loves fish even if you dont like how it tastes

you make friends with everyone

you can bite people and they feel bad about themselves, not angry at you

the only downside is that its vry hrd to type somthimess
hmmm, sounds interesting tom. however, i prefer being a dog.
because, as you can see, i am very sociable and girls love me for being cute and cuddly.
but if i bite someone, i get put down...

ConeZone

Smash Ace
online dating, very bad haha my friend got married to someone online and it is not a good situation

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
online dating, very bad haha my friend got married to someone online and it is not a good situation
hah..that almost reminds me of the time me and a close bud of mine tricked his friend into dating a person that dosent exist....ah.... gaiaonline.

i felt so bad afterwards.

:laugh:

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
This skin sucks. =<

But... just how much? What's it like and -- I didn't word my question very well at all, plus I may as well ask more this time around. Are all the groups and cliques gone? Is everyone still stereotyped with the apparently "large" increase of people? Actually on that, are relationships more likely to go decently in College? I'm sure a lot of you are in or have passed college, so yeah. What's your general impressions of it and relationships?

Not that I've yet decided if I want to go to uni or Acting School instead mind, but still. I'm interested...
Cliques are very much still in college (they're really in every stage of life in one form or another), but they work differently. There's a minimum level of forced interaction between groups of people, so you can join or leave groups as you see fit.
I'd imagine the situation changes depending on where you go to school as well. For example, I go to UMass Amherst. We've got six living areas, and most of them have some social stigma associated with them:
Southwest is where the preps and drunk kids live, Northeast is where all the smart math and engineering kids live, Central is home to all the stoners and hippies, O-Hill is essentially part of Central, Sylvan is where all the weird and creepy kids live and the North Apartments are too new to be associated with any one clique.
Now, of course, these are (mostly) just stereotypes (though there are far too many popped collars in Southwest). I myself live in Central, and I am very much NOT a stoner and I can't stand most hippies. I have a fairly contained group of very close friends, and sometimes I get the feeling we exclude others unintentionally, but I think calling us a clique would be a bit harsh.

What I'm trying to get at is that while there are still "cliques," they're not the cliques you've come to know in high school. You spend time with people you like because you like them, not because they dress the same or do the same stuff after school. I hang out with a former captain of the football team, a girl from Catholic school, a future-homemaker with an uncanny knowledge of history, literature and the Red Sox pitching rotation, an indie kid with a sarcastic streak that could make David Spade wince, and a little sweetheart of a girl who's brain is reminiscent of a Lisa Frank pencil case. I write and take pictures. We're a pretty different bunch of people, but we like being around each other, so it doesn't matter.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Well I spent Valentines night with one of my friends ex's.Although she is moving to Australia in 5 days.My friend doesnt know......S**T!

In case anyone is intersested enough,yes I did sleep with her.

Im sick of one night stands man.........I need some love.REAL LOVE!

ViolentKyo

Smash Rookie
I'm 15 years old, a high school freshman, and I'm in a small school consisting of 40 students. Because of my intelligence, I'm placed in classes with Juniors and Seniors.

I have 3 friends that are all girls. One of them is a senior and I don't know about the other two. Their names are Drea, Chelsie, and Sara.
Now normally, I treat them as good friends and they like me a lot. I recently got texting ability back on my cellphone (it was blocked before because I didn't use texting) and I traded numbers with Drea. We were texting all Valentine's Day. Before I get any further, I must remind you that Drea already has a boyfriend and that I am not attracted to her, despite how pretty she is.

We are texting back and forth and then she asks me "So do you have a crush on Chelsie?" and I deny it, asking her "What makes you think I have a crush on Chelsie?" She says "I don't know, I can just tell. And why don't you believe in it?" I texted her back saying that I don't have a crush on her, but then I realized that I DO have feelings for Chelsie. I still do not want to admit these feelings to any of them.

Drea and Chelsie admire me because I'm really smart, but they tease me about things I do (in a friendly/flirtatious way). One time I was thinking out loud, talking to myself and Chelsie asked "Did you say something?" I said no and she said "Yeah you did. You said something." Again, I tried to deny it but Chelsie was already laughing and then she leaned forward like she's suspicious of something and I leaned back from her.

I have a feeling that Chelsie is using Drea to interrogate me about this crush, because it seems that Chelsie has feelings for me. Why not? I'm smart, I'm tall, I'm handsome.

Tomorrow at school, I will be in Spanish class with the two of them sitting next to me. They're probably going to ask me if I have a crush on Chelsie and I will NOT admit my feelings, but rather, say "Ha! It seems like Chelsie is the one with the crush. Why else would Drea keep prodding me about this issue?" They might pop random questions such as "Is Chelsie hot or not?" or they might flirt with me a little bit. I just hope I can handle this.

P.S. I have Drea's, Chelsie's and Sara's phone numbers.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I'm 15 years old, a high school freshman, and I'm in a small school consisting of 40 students. Because of my intelligence, I'm placed in classes with Juniors and Seniors.

I have 3 friends that are all girls. One of them is a senior and I don't know about the other two. Their names are Drea, Chelsie, and Sara.
Now normally, I treat them as good friends and they like me a lot. I recently got texting ability back on my cellphone (it was blocked before because I didn't use texting) and I traded numbers with Drea. We were texting all Valentine's Day. Before I get any further, I must remind you that Drea already has a boyfriend and that I am not attracted to her, despite how pretty she is.

We are texting back and forth and then she asks me "So do you have a crush on Chelsie?" and I deny it, asking her "What makes you think I have a crush on Chelsie?" She says "I don't know, I can just tell. And why don't you believe in it?" I texted her back saying that I don't have a crush on her, but then I realized that I DO have feelings for Chelsie. I still do not want to admit these feelings to any of them.

Drea and Chelsie admire me because I'm really smart, but they tease me about things I do (in a friendly/flirtatious way). One time I was thinking out loud, talking to myself and Chelsie asked "Did you say something?" I said no and she said "Yeah you did. You said something." Again, I tried to deny it but Chelsie was already laughing and then she leaned forward like she's suspicious of something and I leaned back from her.

I have a feeling that Chelsie is using Drea to interrogate me about this crush, because it seems that Chelsie has feelings for me. Why not? I'm smart, I'm tall, I'm handsome.

Tomorrow at school, I will be in Spanish class with the two of them sitting next to me. They're probably going to ask me if I have a crush on Chelsie and I will NOT admit my feelings, but rather, say "Ha! It seems like Chelsie is the one with the crush. Why else would Drea keep prodding me about this issue?" They might pop random questions such as "Is Chelsie hot or not?" or they might flirt with me a little bit. I just hope I can handle this.

P.S. I have Drea's, Chelsie's and Sara's phone numbers.
YES YES. You are making the correct choice by not admitting your feelings. trust me, never tell your girl-friends about your crush. You are on the path to pimpness. and just remember, you WANT to convince Chelsie that you only like her "as a friend". This way, she doesnt become paranoid that you constantly want to hit on her. if you want to take this even further, I suggest reading The Game by Neil Strauss aka Style or read up on the Mystery Method.
Girls are attracted to guys who are confident, playful and subtly flirtatious (inadvertantly so).
OK, main points:
DO NOT admit feelings
Keep as a "friend" (later on friend with benefit XD)
Read up on aforementioned books.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Jus broke up with girlfriend for over a year feel like shi.t
just give it time to heal and remember to be realistic with yourself. im sure anyone in this thread would be willing to listen if you need to talk

KoreanDJ and Jam Stunna post a lot in this thread, and theyre beast coast like you are so you've probably met them, if you think thats your best bet and you feel you need to talk. I'm volunteering them because they've said if anyone needs help, they'd be willing

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
lawl @ you saying you feel like **** and then saying you're fine with it

ggnore

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
I think this thread needs a bump. So I'll go ahead and add in my own situation so this isn't a worthless post.

I've posted once in here before, but that was a long time ago, so I'll give everyone a refresher. I'm 16 (so yeah, you see where this going, lol). I've never dated anyone before, etc. Thing is, I don't have a problem with that. However...

There's this one girl I've liked for a while. Now since I'm a very busy person, I decided not to pursue this at all and just leave things as they are. But recently, that feeling's been growing and causing a bit of mild depression, so I decided it would be best for me to forget about it and move on. Any tips on doing so?

If anyone needs any further info, say what you need and I'll give what I can.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm an expert at forgetting, what you need to do is engage in your hobbies more often or more passionately. If you like music you could try looking for new bands or artists or check up on bands you already know but don't know too well. If you play an instrument you can try tackling new songs or thinking about what new gear you want to buy. If you have lots of games you could try re-playing ones you haven't played in a while.

So long as you occupy yourself you'll forget easily. If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to move on? I normally move on because the girl is taken or out of my league.

FuryX

Smash Cadet
i am thirteen and i have had no luck at all with girls. it pisses me off though because i am in 8th grade and my friend who is in 9th says that all the girls that are hot or at least decent looking are taken in the high school. This pisses me off and slightly worries me.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to move on? I normally move on because the girl is taken or out of my league.
I'll see what I can do to explain.

I'm not sure if I said this, but I have absolutely -no- problem being single. So when I began to like this girl, I contemplated whether the benefits of pursuing it outweighed the costs and risks. Now, I'm extremely busy with school, so I eventually decided it wasn't worth it to try for anything.

Now, that said, I also had to examine the benefits and costs/risks of eliminating my feelings. At the time, I decided that since there wasn't really much of a downside to what was going on, there wasn't really any point in trying to get over her. Plus, allowing my feelings to stay had the added benefit of allowing for something to potentially happen if the situation changed.

Time passed, and I was content. But now recently, and inexplicably, my feelings have been causing a bit of undue stress and mild depression. And when I say "mild," that's what I mean. Not a big deal or anything, but pretty annoying to have to deal with.

Reexamining the situation, I decided that now the benefits to getting over her outweigh the costs and risks enough to warrant doing so. Yes, I lose the potential for something happening in the future, but the chances of that are so small that that isn't really a big loss.

Haha, and if you can't tell, I'm an extremely over-analytical person. Whenever I have a choice, I always, without fail, consciously analyze and compare my possible courses of action to logically determine which is the best one to take. The less I think about something, the more difficult it is for me to actually do it. But when I have a pretty good understanding of the likely consequences, I feel much more assured and can go through with it.

As a result, I'm not a risk-taker at all. And I don't exactly think quickly, just thoroughly.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
i will have to agree lots of them are but not all
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WX34ji5AWAk
sexy + ******** = sex.

i am thirteen and i have had no luck at all with girls. it pisses me off though because i am in 8th grade and my friend who is in 9th says that all the girls that are hot or at least decent looking are taken in the high school. This pisses me off and slightly worries me.
man up! who cares if theyre taken. AMOG destroy that **** and flirt with the girls anyways. it obviously wont matter if youre a "sexy beast".

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
I'll see what I can do to explain.

I'm not sure if I said this, but I have absolutely -no- problem being single. So when I began to like this girl, I contemplated whether the benefits of pursuing it outweighed the costs and risks. Now, I'm extremely busy with school, so I eventually decided it wasn't worth it to try for anything.

Now, that said, I also had to examine the benefits and costs/risks of eliminating my feelings. At the time, I decided that since there wasn't really much of a downside to what was going on, there wasn't really any point in trying to get over her. Plus, allowing my feelings to stay had the added benefit of allowing for something to potentially happen if the situation changed.

Time passed, and I was content. But now recently, and inexplicably, my feelings have been causing a bit of undue stress and mild depression. And when I say "mild," that's what I mean. Not a big deal or anything, but pretty annoying to have to deal with.

Reexamining the situation, I decided that now the benefits to getting over her outweigh the costs and risks enough to warrant doing so. Yes, I lose the potential for something happening in the future, but the chances of that are so small that that isn't really a big loss.

Haha, and if you can't tell, I'm an extremely over-analytical person. Whenever I have a choice, I always, without fail, consciously analyze and compare my possible courses of action to logically determine which is the best one to take. The less I think about something, the more difficult it is for me to actually do it. But when I have a pretty good understanding of the likely consequences, I feel much more assured and can go through with it.

As a result, I'm not a risk-taker at all. And I don't exactly think quickly, just thoroughly.
I don't mean to go against your over-analytical nature, but you have to realize that love and feelings aren't something that can be looked at analytically; they have to be felt to be understood. Ignore weighing the pluses, and minuses, and ignore the fact that you don't mind being single. Companionship is something that is desired by all humans.

and...

Relationships are risks. If you don't take the plunge eventually, you're gonna end up one lonely mo-fo. I got my first girlfriend by really getting to know her and taking a risk by expressing myself to her, and it worked. And, for the record, all of my friends consider me a cautious and risk-less person.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
I don't mean to go against your over-analytical nature, but you have to realize that love and feelings aren't something that can be looked at analytically; they have to be felt to be understood. Ignore weighing the pluses, and minuses, and ignore the fact that you don't mind being single. Companionship is something that is desired by all humans.

and...

Relationships are risks. If you don't take the plunge eventually, you're gonna end up one lonely mo-fo. I got my first girlfriend by really getting to know her and taking a risk by expressing myself to her, and it worked. And, for the record, all of my friends consider me a cautious and risk-less person.
Plasmawipe, you took the words from my mouth.

Also, bear in mind that when your older you regret the things you didn't do more than the things you did. I'm trying to live by that motto, my 16 years of over-analysis is now over, and I can tell you i'm having a helluva lot more fun for it.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Also, bear in mind that when your older you regret the things you didn't do more than the things you did.
I have never regretted anything I haven't done, only things I have done. There a lot of things in elementary and middle school I wish I hadn't done, but none that I wish I had. At least, I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Also, my track record with risks is very, very bad. On the off chance I do take one once in a while, it almost invariably ends poorly.

Also, I've heard the whole "You can't think about love, etc." cliché so many times now. It's getting to be as ridiculous as the whole "the One" thing.

Cookiez

Smash Ace
Your 16, the same age as me so we both can hardly comment on the value of that particular sentiment, though personally I do believe it is true. As humiliated as certain things you've done may make you, at least you've experienced and learned from your mistake (which in all likelyhood will be forgotten about/negligable ten years down the line), whereas something you HAVNT done has the distinct possibility of haunting you forever.

I agree that the "You can't think about love" is a huge cliché, but that doesn't make it untrue. Many a time it's impossible to controll situations to their fullest extent without hurt on one or both parties, and it's best to just not (over)think and see where things take you.

As for "the one"... what a load of crap :D.

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I never fall into that trap. I always just pressume we're friends and wait for the girl to admit her feelings

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I never fall into that trap. I always just pressume we're friends and wait for the girl to admit her feelings

Lynkx

Smash Journeyman
I'm into that whole "the one" thing, it makes more sense that idiotically dating a hot girl

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Woah, use the edit button man.

I'm a risk-less person too, I tend to stay away from favorable odds or situations with bad consequences. I remember when I was 11 I liked a girl and she liked me but at that age I had no clue how relationships worked and I just wasn't mature enough to take advantage of the situation so after a week of being a 'couple' she moved on without even saying a word. I understood why she did it but she could have at least told me she wanted to move on.

That experience kinda ruin the idea of relationships for me but since then I haven't noticed anyone that liked me [apart from a few girls but I wasn't sure] so I haven't taken any risks.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I'm into that whole "the one" thing, it makes more sense that idiotically dating a hot girl
Um, wut??

"The one" is silly depending on how you take it. Saying there's only one person you could be with for the rest of your life in the entire world is a ridiculous statement. But if you find someone you want to be with for the rest of your life(without, ya know, jumping to this conclusion ridiculously early), then it works saying that they're the only one for you from that point on. Lawl confusing paragraph, but I think people get what I mean.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I LOL'ed HARD at this post. why the **** wouldnt you want to date a hot girl? would you rather date an ugly one?

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Just a word of caution:

Don't take advice from guys that are very bitter towards women. I believe it's self explanatory why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom