• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

glide toss and jump cancel.

Elated

Smash Rookie
im very good with glide tossing and can do it whenever i feel neccesary (which is pretty much everytime i throw). But ive been reading about jump cancel tossing or whatever its called. Do you think its worth me taking the time to learn? is it more useful than glide tossing? more effecient?

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
nope. No need to learn, I never do it, glide tossing is easier and just as effective. if not better/faster =p

prOAPC

Smash Lord
please, tell me what's the difference, i want to learn Diddy (thanks to NL vs M2K videos lol), and i find easier to jump cancel, because i use it with Toon Link.
I was practicing, and it seems like jump cancel has more lag after than glide toss (am i right), but it was my very first with Diddy, so maybe i don't have the right timing yet.
the only thing i thing why glide toss is better, is the reverse glide toss
(sorry to revive this topic, but it was the only one that i found)

Kasper!

Smash Lord
please, tell me what's the difference, i want to learn Diddy (thanks to NL vs M2K videos lol), and i find easier to jump cancel, because i use it with Toon Link.
I was practicing, and it seems like jump cancel has more lag after than glide toss (am i right), but it was my very first with Diddy, so maybe i don't have the right timing yet.
the only thing i thing why glide toss is better, is the reverse glide toss
(sorry to revive this topic, but it was the only one that i found)
hmmm ive seen this b4 no way it cant be PRO APC from gamefaq's the jump ultimate stars board. I also started using diddy after seeing that match great win ninjaL if ya can hear me

IDK

Smash Lord
glide toss= L+direction+c stick.
jump cancel toss= run, tap up (with tap jump) and c stick in opposite direction for slide. (more slide than glide toss)
however, jump cancel = eew. it sucks. don't learn it. none of the good diddies do.

Luigi player

Smash Master
Yeah it's nearly useless, but I think it's faster, because you don't have to roll first.

What's with the Cstick? I just press right-jump-up-A, if I want to slide right and throw it up.

But yeah I still don't like it because you can't throw it down and such (maybe if you use the cstick?).

It's something new and doesn't really do anything else than the glidetoss so it's like useless.
I'd just have to think more and I'm not used to it and it's nearly useless, so I don't use it.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
hmmm ive seen this b4 no way it cant be PRO APC from gamefaq's the jump ultimate stars board. I also started using diddy after seeing that match great win ninjaL if ya can hear me
yeah, is me, who are you?

i'll stay with jump cancel, i use the classic control, tap jump off, and for this kind of techs (zap jump, upB OoS, that Ike's pivot usmash, and some other stuff) i press A (jump) and X (special) or B (attack) at the same time and it work, so thank you all :)

Top Bottom