• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glide Toss Lengths [UPDATED JUNE 11: Glide Toss "Tiers" ]

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
Coming from a Falco main who likes playing ISP, I second AZ's notion. The only thing I've ever used it for is as a setup with bananas for Upsmash, or to throw them quickly out of shield (which everyone can do.)

I'd much rather have a glide toss like Diddy's.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
The Listing is based solely of off distance. Yes, I agree that medium length GTs are better for space control.

I'll be sure to add that note in the next update.

EDIT: Actually I'll add that now.

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
I've gotten marth's forward glide toss to go quite far before. Usually happens when i forward glide out of a dash: Dash Tap, reset stick to neutral, quickly glide toss before stopping. I've gotten marth's forward toss to go roughly the same distance as his reverse, although this is including the distance covered by the initial dash. i think theres a specific frame that will cause marth's forward glide to go maybe a length of 3ish. or it has something to do with the momentum from the dash being conserved when the roll is cancelled. eitherway its worth looking into as it gives marth 2 distinct forward lengths, 3 when a quick pivot -> reverse glide is considered.

powuh_of_PIE

Smash Journeyman
I did some testing following similar guidelines to the OP's, and I can say with relative certainty that all of Zelda's glide tosses are of comparable length to Pit's. They do require a bit of timing however, and with incorrect timing the results currently posted are observed.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
Because Luigi has rockets on his feet.

No but in all seriousness, it's because he has an insanely low traction, thus he'd slide far in most cases. It makes me wonder why all of his aren't 6+ slides, and again I have to go back and test when I have more time on me.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I can understand that we might need this information, but I feel like you wasted your time on the thread because not that many people are going to remember. =( Good effort of course.

BurningCrusader777

Smash Journeyman
I can understand that we might need this information, but I feel like you wasted your time on the thread because not that many people are going to remember. =( Good effort of course.
I wasn't expecting anyone to memorize this whole thing lol. It's a reference list, after all. Though it would be good to know the ones that actually have Glide Tosses. :D

chandy

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter that Link can't glide toss, he can bomb slide which is just as good just harder. Maybe you could put the fact that he can do this as a reference. He can also do faint outs which other characters can't but I can't do that

Top Bottom