• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glitch or no? Pk freeze going through shields!

regularkid123

Smash Cadet
Ok so today i was playing a normal singl player match testing lucas and while the cpu was shielding i used Pk freeze and the CPU was still shielding and then PK freeze hit the CPu (Bowser) and froze him glitch or no? im guessing it is if not its OP

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ok so today i was playing a normal singl player match testing lucas and while the cpu was shielding i used Pk freeze and the CPU was still shielding and then PK freeze hit the CPu (Bowser) and froze him glitch or no? im guessing it is if not its OP
Video plz.

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
You could test this by going into training mode and put the cpu to control, get a second remote and hold shield on the second remote while doing pk freeze on the first.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised haha. I have been landing my PK freeze so much more than usual all day.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Is it possible it was just the CPU's bot gradually getting smaller (thus he's exposed from the top / sides) like somethings if I shield a Yoshi's D-Air after my shield has already taken damage then eventually my shield would have taken so much shield poke that the D-Air would break through and just hit me.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I just tested it right now against a R.O.B bot and it doesn't go through shields... also assuming it did work would it matter? I feel PK Freeze is kind of a bad move overall, the enemy can just roll or spot dodge it easily.

Last edited:

regularkid123

Smash Cadet
I just tested it right now against a R.O.B bot and it doesn't go through shields... also assuming it did work would it matter? I feel PK Freeze is kind of a bad move overall, the enemy can just roll or spot dodge it easily.
It goes through shields either your not doing it at the right time or what but it does go through shields

Drippy

Smash Ace
It goes through shields either your not doing it at the right time or what but it does go through shields
Well I mean I'm just holding shield and using PK Freeze... I don't see how that's not doing it right? All it does is apply shield poke to the shield and it gets smaller. Unless you mean it goes through perfect shields then no I haven't tried that out.

Last edited:

regularkid123

Smash Cadet
I think because i encountered this glitch was that there exposed a little when the shield wears down a little so then it breaks the shield at lower levels or when there exposed a little idk but i tryed it again with my controller with a perfect shield and it seemed to work that time too so idk

CNMNE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CNMNE
3DS FC
2895-8158-1141
I think because i encountered this glitch was that there exposed a little when the shield wears down a little so then it breaks the shield at lower levels or when there exposed a little idk but i tryed it again with my controller with a perfect shield and it seemed to work that time too so idk
Yea, it doesn't go through shields, but it looks like it does. I've done this a bunch already. Since the hitbox is so huge if you land it right, you'll hit ANY part of them that isn't completely covered by their shield. Even Mario's hat. I've killed people by starting combos off of this, super funny.

So basically… No it doesn't… :dizzy:

Last edited:

EnhaloTricks

Smash Apprentice
Hey, can someboy confirm if gravitational pull can't absorb PK Freeze? I've tried to and failed.
gravitational pull? You mean PSI magnet? If so, yes it does. It's a little wonky since you have to face it AND have it hit inside the magnet, but it will. Ness has an easier time with it, though, so it might take some practice to get the spacing right.

Top Bottom