• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glitched Dash Attack

Ademisk

Smash Champion
So Wario and Falco do better dash attack(hitting the enemy) into upsmash, but Snake can concievably do it at the BEGINNING of his dash attack and slide hella far? Sounds good to me. I kinda hope Ness can do it, but it doesn't seem like it, with his dash attack. That'd be freaking boss though.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I tried this and it's pretty interesting for mind games and it seems to leave some safety after a dash attack. I haven't had time to try it against a shielding opponent. Has anyone tried it?

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Wouldn't it make sense that this has to do with going into the crawl state via Snake's dash attack? Ala the glitches of going into the morph ball state in Melee?

Meteor!

Smash Journeyman
I tried this and it's pretty interesting for mind games and it seems to leave some safety after a dash attack. I haven't had time to try it against a shielding opponent. Has anyone tried it?
It works as long as you hit the dash attack. Shield, level, projectile, doesn't matter.

Shifty McSly

Smash Cadet
I've only tried it with snake and falco, but I think snake's goes further because his dash attack goes much further (obviously), but also because he seems to lose some friction when performing the smash. Falco's is better at lower damage, but at higher damage it becomes pretty useless.
Nice investigating meteor, now we just have to find out how to do it without hitting anything.

Deadly'_'

Smash Apprentice
So im guessing there arent anymore discoveries/updates on this technique huh? Im still waiting to see if the slide is limited to the up smash.

So anyway. I think we need to name this techinque as a board not any one person.

Or we can just call it hyphen smashing(I think that what people where calling it).

I think Snake's is unique and deserves a name tho.

Any suggestions for a name?

Pls dont name it after ur self.
(Results in Epic flames, not just by me)

Repyh

Smash Journeyman
geh, naming something can be a pain.
I'm calling it Snake Slide until there are people who really like to name it...

So with this post I'm opening a suggestion box in the first post
anyone who has a good one just throw it up and see how people respond to it ;)

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
So has any one been able to replicate the attack with out having the dash hit?

Also, I think of it as a wave smash. Since other characters can do it it shouldn't be named after Snake.

Deadly'_'

Smash Apprentice
So has any one been able to replicate the attack with out having the dash hit?

Also, I think of it as a wave smash. Since other characters can do it it shouldn't be named after Snake.
I said that too but, for snake thier is an exception. His slides a great distance after his "Wave Smash". Like I said before it deserves a name.

Oh and again has anyone done any other smash out of the dash with the same results?

marthownsxd

Smash Apprentice
WAO! Some thread (it might of been imaginary) claimed falco and wario can do this also? Correct me if I'm wrong.
EDIT: didn't read the above post. FALCO AND WARIO CAN DO THIS!

Kruton

Smash Ace
Wow, I can see that you don't have to connect with it, that makes it even better!

I will work on the non-connecting slide today when I go to TGP.

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
name sugestion:solid slide.
this is epic.
If it was first discoverd with snake its ok to name it after him.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Zjiin uses this a lot. It's nearly as awesome as a wavedash from my observations. Hit someone with a rolling attack then defend yourself with a U-smash. It's tight.

Eten

Smash Ace
Two things in this thread:
Non-hit SWD done by dashing and then rapidly hitting down-c to up-c
Extremely rapid. Two vids of this, one on page 4 and one at the bottom of page 1.

The other part is dash attack instantly into usmash, something every character can do, just that snake slides very well from it. Bottom of page 4 and first page first post.

Can only snake do the non-hit SWD?
Attempt to cancel the resulting upsmash w/ something to keep the slide but not the upsmash. Any luck?
How about instead of going only to up-c after the down-c, something else is tried, like an fsmash, tilt, neutral, shield, or b move? Why is the down-c component needed, why is the up-c component needed, why is it only snake, why is it only immediately after the start of a dash?

God **** I need my own copy of brawl.

Joskun

Smash Rookie
Two things in this thread:
Non-hit SWD done by dashing and then rapidly hitting down-c to up-c
Extremely rapid. Two vids of this, one on page 4 and one at the bottom of page 1.

The other part is dash attack instantly into usmash, something every character can do, just that snake slides very well from it. Bottom of page 4 and first page first post.

Can only snake do the non-hit SWD?
Attempt to cancel the resulting upsmash w/ something to keep the slide but not the upsmash. Any luck?
How about instead of going only to up-c after the down-c, something else is tried, like an fsmash, tilt, neutral, shield, or b move? Why is the down-c component needed, why is the up-c component needed, why is it only snake, why is it only immediately after the start of a dash?

God **** I need my own copy of brawl.
Well I can do both but the one without smash has specific timing which make it a lil harder.
You can try doing the dashing different ways but the up and down motion with the C stick is faster and will fill that time frame you need for the move the work or unless you have UBER fast fingers.
I did try to cancel the dash but it seem very hard. I'll give it a go in a while.
but check out mine, I'll slow it down next video.
Btw: quality not too good :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVjwnlB47S8

Joskun

Smash Rookie
Well we all knew that the up smash could slide but now that you can link it with the the dash attack is even better. so far it looks like the up smash is the only move that can link with the dash attack. I manage to do it with Link and like I said the timing is very tight. I'll try to get a video up.

Deadly'_'

Smash Apprentice
No one has given a striaght answer about the slide with a different move. I just want someone to test it and tell everyone.

Top Bottom