• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Character Guides - Peach

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Hello, all! For those that don't know me, I'm Virg. I moderate things. I'm also in charge of the newly founded Discussion Leader group and I had an idea sprout in my head not too long ago.

Every individual character board is quite different and many are truly contrasting. Seeing as how I'm tasked with encouraging discussion and help throughout the boards, I thought that maybe encouraging some similar layouts on each board would help new people (or board hermits) that eventually strolled into other boards. Not that they would get lost, but just that it would be easier and the process alone would be gratifying.

So with that, I'm here for a proposition (not of that kind!): a reformatting and update of the character guide, if it needs one. I see a lot of good threads...though I have a feeling some are out of date or could use some sprucing. But I digress.

So for those of you that don't want to read: I would like to try to get every character board to clean up and organize their character board guides/stickies. Some are fine as is. Others...not so much. I'm asking this for a shot of dialogue and cross communication throughout the boards as well as making the stickies less cluttersome.

So, what do you guys say? This is all voluntary. Just wanted to try to spruce the boards up a bit. If you have any opinions or questions, I'd be happy to hear them :)

Virgilijus

BRoomer
If you guys think the guides are fine, there's no problem. Just trying to organize the stickies in each board to make browsing better and easier.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
This is a fantastic idea :).

Mehh, he have two great guides already.
This is kinda what he's talking about lol..... why on earth do we have two guides? It's just confusing.

I may look into what we can do a bit later... but something that immediately comes to mind that needs to be addressed is our frame data thread because:
- it's very incomplete
- some of the figures are incorrect
- hitstun is defined improperly
- the thread is no longer being updated

Going back on what I said when this issue came to surface previously, I don't think it should be stickied in it's current state.

Looking at what the pika boards have done it seems that it would be best to have a non-stickied frame data thread with the most important info being put into a new, more complete stickied guide.

Bitter Romantic

Smash Journeyman
Southern California [Anaheim/Fullerton, San Diego]
I was so inspired by their amazing guide that I planned on making one for the Peach boards that would encompass all the data and present them in the organization that the Pika board's guide did. This was before realizing that we already have two guides and that making another one would be redundant [along with other people who gave the 'there are already two guides, why make another?' feedback]. :(

But now that it's brought up again, I think that it would be a marvelous thing if we could organize something like this. :3

I'm totally up for helping out if the Peach boards decide to go through with this. :O

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Well, we could potentially integrate several guides together to make one all encompassing one. of course, it would take several people to do it without great consternation, but that's fine.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I think I have a pretty fantastic solution.

We make one guide titled something-along-the-lines as "Peach: The Guide - Frame Data, ATs, and In-depth Analysis ". But it won't be completly new, but simply a merging of Excel's guide, followed by Dark's more in-depth guide. It would be posted by a shared account between Excel and Dark (as the original authors), hotgarbage (as our main source of frame data), Rickerdy (as our match-up thread head), and myself (I wanna make it look nice :p).

I think it is a fantastic idea in that it almost guarantees that it would constantly edited to be up to date and organized - all it requires is some trust and cooperation by four people.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Yes, I think it'll be better to merge all this guides in one:

Guide to learning Princess Peach
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167424

~Hearts, Kicks, and a Frying Pan~ A Peach Guide
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170664

Float Guide
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199475

Royal Protection - A guide on using Toad
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183094

Raving Radishes - A guide on Turnips and the wonderful things you can do with them
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196561

Peach Skywalker [Instant High Tier] (Beamsword Guide)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232585

How to Land an Usmash
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236058

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
I can... take pretty snapshots. With the abundance of textures I have, I can make the snapshots interesting? If you need more or new ones, I mean. <_> I want to be helpful.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
All this cooperation makes me smile. Peach boards is awesome. <3

Anyways, enough of that. I hate you all and your horrible stickies. I want to complain about the stickies again.

Peach's Frame Data
It's missing a ton of data, and Niko hasn't been updating. Should be merged into The Guide.

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Please read the Rediscussion threads!
Good.

Peach Video Archive
Good.

~Hearts, Kicks and a Frying Pan~ A Peach Guide by Excel_Zero [UPDATED: 02/15/09]
Soon to be the center piece of the guide hopefully.

Peach Brawl finder. Request challenges here
Good.

Guide to learning Princess Peach (Competitive) Updated 3/27/09
Hopefully, soon to be the other center piece of the guide.

READ THIS: Posting habits in the Peach Forum
Can we remove this? It has less then 400 views as a sticky. :p

Introductions, useful links, read here before posting (Last update 6/12/09)

Good, but ignored. I think it needs a catchier title.

We have 8 stickies, with a clean up we can get down to 5 without losing readability.

All my opinions. Thoughts?

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking that we could have more catchy titles that relate to Peach. Like being a princess, hearts, Mushroom Kingdom, etc.

Like some of the other boards.
Kakariko's Pub - Social Thread ~ Zelda
The Pokédex Entries and Type Chart Matchups ~ PT
Kirby's Warp Star Adventure: Kirby's Stage Discussion ~ Kirby

They catch my attention and make me want to read them.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
All this cooperation makes me smile. Peach boards is awesome. <3

Anyways, enough of that. I hate you all and your horrible stickies. I want to complain about the stickies again.

Peach's Frame Data
It's missing a ton of data, and Niko hasn't been updating. Should be merged into The Guide.

Peach Weekly Match-Up Discussion - Please read the Rediscussion threads!
Good.

Peach Video Archive
Good.

~Hearts, Kicks and a Frying Pan~ A Peach Guide by Excel_Zero [UPDATED: 02/15/09]
Soon to be the center piece of the guide hopefully.

Peach Brawl finder. Request challenges here
Good.

Guide to learning Princess Peach (Competitive) Updated 3/27/09
Hopefully, soon to be the other center piece of the guide.

READ THIS: Posting habits in the Peach Forum
Can we remove this? It has less then 400 views as a sticky. :p

Introductions, useful links, read here before posting (Last update 6/12/09)

Good, but ignored. I think it needs a catchier title.

We have 8 stickies, with a clean up we can get down to 5 without losing readability.

All my opinions. Thoughts?
This looks like a good start, if not an outright solution.

Hmmmmm.... the Peach Brawl finder thread isn't very active at all though... I wonder what could be done about that.

Also maybe the video thread could be made into a video critique thread as well? It's fine as it is; just an idea.

A Lady's Guide to Etiquette on the Battlefield :)
:3

Anyways, I'll get to work on a new, complete, non-stickied frame data thread when I'm able *points to sig :(*. Other than that I could help out with getting in-game pictures if that needs to be done. I could also do gifs if that's needed.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
All right, if you guys can make a post that sums up who is doing what, it'd be a lot easier for me to know whom to help :)

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I think someone could start the thread with the first guide or whatever, and then everyone else (Rick, Excel, etc) could post in the thread with whatever order they want so that everyone would have access to edit their post whenever they want. Might take some organization but I think it could work :embarrass

Of course no one else other than the people making the guide should post in there until it's finished. I think the people in charge of making it should communicate via AIM or something.

So it'd be like:
1st post: Summary? Guide?
2nd post: Excel's guide
3rd post: Rick's match ups
And so on.

Just an idea... >_>

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I did think my shared account guide was the best solution...

A multiple account used for that purpose is allowed, I hope?

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Well, it has to be okay'd by me so that i can supervise it. If you all ready made one, please PM the name and login to me.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
If there's a video section of anything just hit me up.

Also maybe the video thread could be made into a video critique thread as well? It's fine as it is; just an idea.
I was planning to revamp the whole thread, but college took over my life :[
I'll have plenty of time past mid-july though, vacations :).

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I've made the shared account, I'm just waiting on approval from Virg to share the password.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Alright, so Virg has given the go-ahead.

Here's my plan:

1. Get me, Rick, Dark, hotgarbage, and Excel on board. It is cool we merge all your guides right?

2. Start on an outline - a table of contents, which guides we're merging and how we're doing it, etc.

3. Make the ultra-guide and start unstickying things.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I think I have a pretty fantastic solution.

We make one guide titled something-along-the-lines as "Peach: The Guide - Frame Data, ATs, and In-depth Analysis ". But it won't be completly new, but simply a merging of Excel's guide, followed by Dark's more in-depth guide. It would be posted by a shared account between Excel and Dark (as the original authors), hotgarbage (as our main source of frame data), Rickerdy (as our match-up thread head), and myself (I wanna make it look nice :p).

I think it is a fantastic idea in that it almost guarantees that it would constantly edited to be up to date and organized - all it requires is some trust and cooperation by four people.
What the crap, somehow I completely missed this post. Yeah though, this is great. I'll do my part :). My monitor dilemma should be resolved this coming Tuesday as well, so I'll get to work completing Peach frame data at that time.

EDIT: aaaand I just missed your last post as well ^________>; Sounds like a plan. Unfortunately I currently won't be of much use in regard to formatting the guide due to being extremely out of it because of illness x____x. I think for the time being I'll focus solely on frame data if that's alright; I don't want to bite off more than I can chew now. Hopefully this will change soon though 8).

Top Bottom