• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Global Gaming Tournament 2 - Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

monty06

Smash Ace
i probs need picking up i dont know my way around birmingham wat so eva, i think im arriving around 9-10am i believe

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It is true though! TC with his little comments and brilliant timing. You see, sometimes it's a case of the less said the better. You could prob learn from him in fact :laugh:
Why would I want to take any notes from TC. My posts are blunt and straight to the point and his hint the obvious, Grayfox uses pictures, Zeppos is all of these but used more effective and he uses more techniques of banter.
The only person who needs to learn something from someone is you off of Zeppo if you were to be honest with yourself.
At the end of the day your just happy because you feel someone is doing the work you could never do lol. MAN UP AND DO IT! YOURSELF!
I never make short posts, they are long and drawn out and aim to hurt the opponents feelings.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
but isn't blunt=short, non descriptive?

???

also aaron scrub are you going to charles' tomorrow?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

monty06

Smash Ace
paul are jake and caleb coming? if they dont know about this could u let them know?

havent really seen them much but i will speak to dan and seeif they do know and i will let u guys know of any news

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Prof better come to this because i want to learn from his fox (plus he's my lover), i would ask VA but it's no way where near as good as profs fox. FTB.

Jolteon

No I was too lazy to go 2day lol.
How was the fest though and who went, this should be asked in the London thread but.....BAN ME. Why you calling me a scrub for:(, atleast I try in smash.
roooofl such a lie, you sandbag the hell out of smash half the time.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
:( :( :(

I'm sat here scratching my head, why is yeniths being mean to me?
There is a difference between being mean and just telling the absolute truth.

I really shouldn't have to say it! He's doing it for the banter!!!
He even said it at the end of his post.

roooofl such a lie, you sandbag the hell out of smash half the time.
looool I dont sandbag that much. I just do the legendary walk and tilt mindgames.
So shut up and no1 can back up your point anyway PRICK!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
There is a difference between being mean and just telling the absolute truth.

He even said it at the end of his post.

looool I dont sandbag that much. I just do the legendary walk and tilt mindgames.
So shut up and no1 can back up your point anyway PRICK!
LOL remember when you and charles were both doing it (walk around ftilt) :laugh:

Aiko

Smash Champion
royboy, you should challenge Zeppo to a Roy ditto mm!

also, since we're now in the year 2009, you should be called royboy09

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Hey - I'm booking train tickets for a few people coming up from Southampton - which train station is closest to the venue? I tried looking at their website but its really unhelpful :(

Aiko

Smash Champion
another major post from me, this time actually related to GGT2.

Here is the final list of events (in playing order) and stages.

Melee Singles

Stage Ban: You may choose 1 stage to Ban. This is done double blind. If you and your opponent both pick the same stage then only 1 stage is banned.

Random: FD, PS, DL64
Counterpick: FD, PS, DL64, YS, FoD, BF, Mute City (MC), Brinstar (B), Rainbow Ride (RR), Pokefloats (PF), DK64, Corneria (C).

With so many counterpicks available, Dave's stupid rule is in effect: You may not pick a stage you have won on, in the set. Note this is not the last stage you won on, but all stages you have won on within that set.

Melee Doubles

Counterpick: YS, BF, RR, PF, C, DK64.

You may not pick the last stage you won on. (Not Daves Stupid Rule)

Melee Crews Tournament

Double Elimination
1 Crew match = the entire set.
4 teams
4 stock each

Procedure:
All decisions are to be made by the captain. The captains decision is final.
Both captains will pick their Starting player double blind (write it on paper or something).
The character of the starter is also picked double blind.
First game is Random stage.

Losing team picks their player.
They may now choose a stage if they wish.
If a stage was chosen, then the winning team may change character.
If no stage was chosen then the winning team may not change cahracter, and a stage is picked at random.
Losing team now picks their character.

To summarise:

Loser picks player -> Pick stage -> Winner picks character -> Loser picks character
Loser picks player -> Random stage -> Loser picks character

Counterpick: FD, PS, DL64, YS, FoD, BF, MC, B, RR, PF, C, DK64.

There is also a warning system this time as I have a large number of games to get through. Explained in my next post.

Aiko

Smash Champion
This tournament, there is likely to be a larger turnout than GGT1, so we're gonna be a bit more organised. There will be 4 tournament runners and it's very important you listen to them. We only want the best for everyone, so the quicker we get through the events, the more time you have for friendlies, especially if you're staying all night.

Tournament runners are:

Aiko
AmcD
Hao
Kone

There is a warning system in place, and are there to stop people from playing friendlies during tournament time. We hope we won't have to use them but they are there to promote the smooth running of GGT2 and make it the most enjoyable tournament yet.

Tournament procedure

Registration will start from when I arrive there but officially it starts at 1pm.

Please register at the same time as your doubles partner. If you don't know who you want to team with, then tell us if you want to enterdoubles and we will have a list of players with no partners for you to choose from. A bit like speed dating but with less love.

There will be 8-9 set ups and they will be numbered.

When it is your time to play, you will be called with your opponent and given a TV. Play immediately, do not return to finish off a friendly or MM.

The Winner(s) is responsible for reporting the results to the runners.

For group stages and early brackets, all TV's will be used for tournament games.
Later bracket stages, 2-3 TV's will be put aside as a friendly area where you can play friendlies when you have been knocked out or whilst waiting.

Please be prepared to stop your friendly game immediately if you have been called for a game.

What will get me a warning?

For all timers: 2 minutes = 1 warning

If you are called for a game but do not play immediately, you will be put on a timer. You will be called again after each warning.

If you do not report the results of a game immediately. Timer will be put on once we see the TV is free. If all tournament runners are busy we will be flexible with the timer.

If you play a friendly on a Tournament TV during tournament time.

What are the penalties?

All warnings are cumulative (they add up). Its pretty much 3 strikes and your out. We give you 2 chances and then the punishment starts coming out :)

3 warnings – Loss of 1 Game
4 warnings – Loss of Set
5 warnings – Disqualification from event
6 warnings – Disqualification from all events

No refunds.
All tournament runners decisions are final.

Anyway, don't really want to be negative, and I'm sure everyone will follow the system perfectly fine :) no need to be afraid, after all, the cake is a lie ;)

Enjoy!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
just wanna confirm with londoners

coach : £8 each

Me
Dave
Hugo
Tamoo
Chrisboi
Frostbyte
Retroking
Tails Chao
Professor Pro? (please find out as soon as you can)
Vanity Angel

If anyone else really wants to go then I'll book extra tickets as soon as professor pro is confirmed but I'm unsure about the prices now

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It seems pretty likely that I will end up going but as usual I dont like to give any guarantees. But its most likely that I am coming to this and as long as we are back on sunday then its VERY likely.

Fuzz can I sleep round yours the day before?
Dont wanna play too much though, last time I destroyed my hands the day before the event lol espicially cos I play so fast my fingers aren't actually use to it yet so they start to hurt and last time they thumb swelled up lol. Thats one of the reasons I played not at my best at the last GTT.....no johns. Technical skills for the win.

craiigg

Smash Lord
SHOULD be coming, but not confirming just yet..

omfg edwins not flaking? LMAO

and anyone play HD remix? except aiko i know you do, gimme gamertagz

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
SHOULD be coming, but not confirming just yet..

omfg edwins not flaking? LMAO

and anyone play HD remix? except aiko i know you do, gimme gamertagz
Gamertag: volvagia224 (XBOX LIVE not PSN), we'll have some games sometime just because I have tons of banter with Ken, Ryu, Akuma and Saget.

Alan, do you have it too?

I have a PS3 too but I don't play it much because it's my Dad's bluray player, D:
Should have bought an XBOX Ant! :p

Jolteon

It seems pretty likely that I will end up going but as usual I dont like to give any guarantees. But its most likely that I am coming to this and as long as we are back on sunday then its VERY likely.

Fuzz can I sleep round yours the day before?
Dont wanna play too much though, last time I destroyed my hands the day before the event lol espicially cos I play so fast my fingers aren't actually use to it yet so they start to hurt and last time they thumb swelled up lol. Thats one of the reasons I played not at my best at the last GTT.....no johns. Technical skills for the win.
saying no johns at the end had as much meaning as someone shouting out "no homo!" in the middle of a massive gay orgy.

Aiko

Smash Champion
can people start telling me whos gonna bring setups? I need as many as possible as we may be able to get an extra 5 full setups.

craiigg

Smash Lord
yeah im on xbox aiko :/

ill add you later mr foulplay and give you some sagat cammy ken ryu feilong banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom