• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Glyph Muscles Proudly Presents: Mario Party 2 Mafia: Game OVER!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
man

this is gonna be one of those games where everyone plays like scum :urg:
not me bro

Mentos not town you just want him to be cuz he's hella bro.

When has mentos ever gotten mad about people calling his playstyle safe

itd be like you getting mad if someone pushed a lynch on you for being concise

Macman could go to

shame vig shot before we could start calling the shots

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I wanted a bit more of a healthier read from July about you. What she said as a reasoning for liking you is pretty generic, especially considering that she was being paranoid about you so why would a small thing like that give her a lean-town on you. Alright at the fact that it bugged you haha. The reason I asked that is because there is something about July's post that makes me curious about her because she seems a tad, cautious with her opinions on things at the moment. She seems more trying to justify a town-read on LDR rather than looking for scum and then her read on you is confusing me.
I don't see why her giving out a town read is necessarily a bad thing, considering that there wasn't all that much for her to comment on when she made that post. Also, your accusation of her "more trying to justify a town-read on LDR rather than looking for scum" doesn't really hold up when one looks at what she has actually done. I mean, she attacked Mentos. An easy thing to do, but you gotta admit that it's something.

The WL question, now you have me confused because that question does garner what I need. Its no secret that WL and Ryker now each other really well so it would be common thought that he would should know that Ryker would do something like that. I do agree that his reactions now are seeming a bit...over-done/theatrical at this point and I would like more from him besides the complaining.

WL, can you give me an opinion on July and Circus?
The WL question just doesn't seem like it could really produce anything tangible. Asking "why are you reacting way X when I know Y about you" only seems like it would get clarification on a simple matter that's not nearly in depth enough to really get a read out on someone.

Second paragraph is easier so I will answer that one first. Not necessarily though Swords. It is WIFOM yes but I remember Ryker pulling a stunt where he dragged MASSIVE amounts of attention to himself as an Indy SK and it worked all the way to the end of the game where he positioned himself to be the final vote in lylo. (Final Fantasy Dissidia Mafia) Also an Indy that could be a Day-Kill indy would also somewhat want NAs on them because they would not be seen going anywhere and would also be considered innocent (if going by common logic to assume Indies pop inno that is =P) aaaand yeah that's my take on it.
Meh, maybe, but all of this is just WIFOM speculation. In the end I'm going to just plant my flag in the territory of "more likely town," if you have any objections then speak up now.

Oh haha, I thought you were alluding to Liar Game which is what I was talking about to July when I asked her a question about you earlier. Misunderstood that so apologies.
o_o Not that it really matters but that is what Circus and July have been referring to earlier.

Explained above but what I make of his thing is that it is getting a bit too theatrical for me. His list of people who he does not want to lynch I can understand a bit. Don't get the July tack-on. Circus/J didn't have much backing to those either. The most was his keeping of you around Swords iirc and his reasoning are revolved around being "helpful" at the present time.

No one has really done anything else besides agree that Ryker was dumb as brick and that Mentos looks scummy for the actions he took during the scenario. Things need to happen and anyone can just gain town-points by just being here in the thread asking questions which is what seems to be how WL is giving out town-credit.
Okay, I agree with you that WL is too "theatrical," for my liking. However apparently he's always like this, so as of now I'm actually going to take it as null.

W.r.t. bolded, it's true that anyone can just ask questions, but that's better than doing nothing IMAO.

#HBC | Dancer

Why do you want this?

Stuff not related to me but I need to quote it to separate it from the rest.
What does this mean?
Like, LDR threatened to shoot again toDay, and I was just saying that I think town would be better off if we only lynched toDay rather than shooting again (considering that LDR has the gun, of all people :smirk:).

I just don't understand this post! Why is it scummy to direct the vig? If it's an RVS, why RVS now when LDR shot it in the face literally?
I honestly will never get the vets and their policies on why directing stuff is scummy myself.

#HBC | Dancer

For the record, that wasn't a "these people are town" list, that was a "these people can live" list. I'll take people who support a good idea over people who don't, it means sensible **** will happen.

This isn't to say I value J still, just that the original list was meant to have a group of people that I wanted around for awhile.
Ok fair enough.

Man, why did I like J? There's nothing of value there at all.
And this stuff makes me like Circus.

Alright, caught up, to my knowledge.

vote: Mentos

I don't particularly like how he immediately jumped on LDR and, regardless of stated reasons to see him as town, he opts for the indy reads instead because "Ryker's not that dumb." Safe posting is usual for him. That reasoning is not.
I'm glad that you like Circus to. ^^

LDR and Ran, what do you think about these two posts quoted above (not the one at the very top of this post)?

#HBC | Dancer

Am about to go to friends place for the day, a couple things real quick.

Mentos said:
Next up, yeah, my posts did play it safe in a way. All my posts do. But, you just point out that I wanted LDR dead regardless if it was real or not, so how does that put me as "coming out on top either way?" I *clearly* was against LDR, and I clearly, and still do, want him to die(the only question I left was when). My play is always cautious, but I put LDR on my "needs to die at some point" list, so how you can say I would come out on top either way(especially when most people would assume dayvig over SK for some reason)?
It's true that attacking Ryker by itself isn't a safe move. However I think the "meatiest" point against you which you didn't really address was that earlier you didn't really place your flag anywhere. Instead you basically just said "Ryker could of shot EE because of X or Y reason, and either way I want him dead." So back THEN (not really now though) you basically didn't really pick rather you liked Ryker as either X or Y, and it was definitely too convenient for comfort that the implication of both of them were basically the same, thus safing you from having to make a hard decision.

Mentos said:
You know what? I'm tired of getting lynched for playing like me, Ryker continues to be a ******. Calling him as an SK that made a ballsy play to seem town. Other than that, peace out. Done with mafia if this is gonna happen every ****ing time.
I genuially don't know what to make of this. Marshy, you think Mentos is town, right? What do you make of this, and why do you have him as town?

#HBC | Dancer

Mentos said:
Except, I disappeared before there was pressure on me, before Gorf had posted that EE died, and before many people, if anyone, had even made a relevant comment. Trying to make me look bad based on false accusations are ya Sword?
You "disappeared" after Ryker was already attacking you IIRC, and plus people were on you to soon after. I don't know when you exactly went inactive (something that's impossible for me to know obviously), so I think it was a fair assumption for me to make that you were ducking out under pressure.

Also wow I can't believe I misspelled the word "saving," lol.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
WL and Circus. What make you of this quote?
Well, it's clearly an overeager judo to what Swords said, but more than anything, I'm just shocked that Mentos admitted to disappearing at all. He makes it sound like it was actually a calculated move, rather than him just being busy or not checking the thread.

I'll actually cut a deal on this one. I will be willing to pull the trigger on a town directed lynch so long as I would be willing to be on the wagon.
This I can live with. But if you would not be willing to be on the wagon of the player town collectively decides on, then that means you don't shoot anyone, not "shoot whoever you want." Agreed?

as for why i believed disco has multiple shots its cuz thats the standard dayvig role regardless of alignment. i mean he didnt say "1-shot dayvig
Even in a game this small? Just because he didn't say that he's a oneshot (and, indeed, is now claiming contrary to that idea), doesn't mean that's not what he is. It's interesting to me that you assumed multiple shots before LDR ever really said it himself.

Is this your main reason for your Mentoscum read?

Like, LDR threatened to shoot again toDay, and I was just saying that I think town would be better off if we only lynched toDay rather than shooting again (considering that LDR has the gun, of all people :smirk:).
Not at all what I thought you were saying. Thank you for clarifying.

So you believed LDR when he implied he could shoot multiple times in a Day? Legitimate question, not trying to rustle your jimmies.

I'm glad that you like Circus to. ^^
Considering how little I've done so far, the number of people saying they like me legitimately makes me uncomfortable.

I have more, but I'd rather get some feedback from some people before I launch into anything else. Hopefully that will happen by the time I get off work tonight.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Slept on it and decided hey, I'm probly gonna be dead by the time LDR gets to take another shot, so I may as well just play it out for now. Numbered for easy response, I'll probly respond to other stuff too but if not, later I will.

Yay! Stuff to do!

1. AtE!

2. Honestly, this whole line seems rather pointless from both directions. Mentos thinks this, July thinks this. Unless you can point out why one is lying about what they think, then you're going on a tangent leading to a dead end.

3. So that means I'm good to keep shooting people cause that's my playstyle! woo!

4. Oh man. Oh man. Oh man.

This is so disgusting.

Vote Mentos

And before anyone asks why I didn't vote Circus for being willing to shoot me, reread what each of them are trying to accomplish.

5. God I hate that you're just writing off a mislynch. With absolutely no analysis of anything sans the shot.

6. Thank you. Please die.

7. Nope! Circus is trying to corral me. You're trying to dispose of me. Please take your comparison elsewhere.

8. Psh! EE has also single-handedly won games for scum. I have also single-handedly won games for town. Win-win.

This reaction makes it a win in either case.

(no reaction from me needed)WL and Circus. What make you of this quote?

9. Interesting. And why is this so damning?

10. Oh, I'm not stupid. A stupid man wouldn't have taken that shot.

11. God, Mentos, you haven't looked at how I've been playing since the very start. You've only seen the very start and tunneled it into oblivion. I mean, I know you're reading my posts because you caught the one part where I made a mistake, but that's literally all you've pointed out past the trigger.

Yup, good with you going.
*le sigh* 1: Maybe, but you do realize I make a comment like that EVERY time I come under attack for what boils down to the way I play right? It's usually more sarcastic "I'm tired of this," this game just already had me upset when I got there.

2: I'll get to the second quoted paragraph soon, but first things first, you say that's worthless? How so when July was saying she was thinking I might be scum for acting like I knew EE was town, and I was explaining why my thoughts that I was giving at the time wouldn't change regardless of his alignment. Not going to sit around and let it be portrayed that I know who's town when there's really nothing to base that off of.

As for the second paragraph, there IS a reason for it. You say it comes down to thoughts, and it does, however looking at the original post, you can see that she's saying that mafia dayvig is only possible if it kills mafia: something that works to allow her questioning of me and my motivations for how I was talking, but does not leave the possibility of you being mafia open, something which is pretty much universally agreed a no. I want her line of thought because she's using something to accuse me that, if making the assumption that there could be a mafia dayvig, there's no reason to write it off with the flip other than keeping to popular opinion.

3: There's a difference between how you play mafia and how you play a role, and you know what I meant. Honestly though, if not for the way the first shot destroyed my trust in you to handle your ability properly(or for the fact that I really lean towards thinking you're an SK) I have no problems with a vig shooting(although in a small game like this they should really hold out and not make many shots but *shrug*). However now that you're out, and your alignment is still questionable, I expect you to work with the town not all alone.

4: Not really, you shot EE pretty much for being the first to post, this isn't a big game where there's a lot of room for error, definitely not the kinda game where you do that kind of thing because it can screw town over really quick.

5: First of all, I was responding to posts attacking me for what happened at that point in the game, so of course my focus is on that. Secondly, I'm willing to "write off a mislynch" because I'm leaning toward you being an SK and I'm willing to risk it to lynch someone I don't think is town. If you are I don't think it hurts us too much, but those kinda comments are there because I don't think that's the case, but I'm willing to risk it. That's why it's I don't care IF, not I don't care THAT.

6: I probly will, but in the meantime, no thanks.

7: Nope, for your talk of me not taking more recent posts into account, I'm more straightforward because of your consistent "I'll do what I want" attitude. Otherwise I'd be sticking with "get rid of you before LYLO but not immediately." If you were going to cooperate I wouldn't be pushing so much that I want you dead right now.

8: Missing the point level: epic. If you had even waited till near the end of D1 for that shot, we woulda had stuff to draw on that coulda been quite helpful. My point was that you take out a player with a good record of helping town if he's town before there's anything to take from him. It's not just about the fact of taking him out, it's the fact of doing so before it can give us anything from him that makes it lose-lose in my eyes.

9:
Yep. I did. Generally you want to correct misconceptions that protect the people you might want lynched.
But it's not important to make sure you remember right? That's why I feel it's damning: you "corrected" it without making sure you were right. That means either you didn't care if you were remembering wrong, or you actively chose to lie about it, and either way you fed false information solely to try to up the odds of getting me lynched. Either way, if it was important to correct, as you agree you felt it was, that means it was important to get right, something you apparently did NOT care about as a townie should.

10. Yep, stupidity is the only reason someone would take that shot.

11. I have been, you just choose to assume I haven't. Since the shot you've continued being cocky, given me no reason to lean town instead of SK as I have, and since you say unless you agree you won't do what town wants, my feeling of "doesn't have to die right away" is gone. Make me think you're town and agree to make yourself trustworthy, and I'll stop wanting you dead today.(note: your "cutting a deal" that you mentioned to Kevin HAS helped the cause of that)

mentos you town? if so wanna be buddies this game?
I am, but I don't play the buddying up game till I'm sure I can trust someone, and that'll take a while when it comes to you :p If we both live long enough for me to trust you though, we'll tear some **** up!

I always do anymore because I get called and almost lynched on it in every game I play and it has gotten really old XD This game it was amplified because I was already unhappy with the game, but yeah, it's not really that odd for me to get annoyed by it.

It's true that attacking Ryker by itself isn't a safe move. However I think the "meatiest" point against you which you didn't really address was that earlier you didn't really place your flag anywhere. Instead you basically just said "Ryker could of shot EE because of X or Y reason, and either way I want him dead." So back THEN (not really now though) you basically didn't really pick rather you liked Ryker as either X or Y, and it was definitely too convenient for comfort that the implication of both of them were basically the same, thus safing you from having to make a hard decision.
So, what hard decision? What specific alignment he was that made me want him lynched? Not to mention my usual safe playstyle, I think the fact that I wanted him lynched regardless made it clear that if it was a gambit I thought he was mafia rolefishing, and if not I would lean SK.

You "disappeared" after Ryker was already attacking you IIRC, and plus people were on you to soon after. I don't know when you exactly went inactive (something that's impossible for me to know obviously), so I think it was a fair assumption for me to make that you were ducking out under pressure.

Also wow I can't believe I misspelled the word "saving," lol.
Yeah it was after our back and forth early in the day, but he wasn't so much attacking me at that point. After that there weren't very many posts, and none directed at me, prior to the last post I read until yesterday: the EE death scene.

@J: please please please never use mentoscum again, stick with scumtos or something... That just doesn't stack well with a name that ends in s normally >_> <_< >_> XDD

Phew, that was a way longer post than I initially planned on, but oh well.(also, took me forever XDD)

July

Smash Apprentice
That was not based off the assumption EE was town. Granted, I did assume so solely for the fact that odds are in favor of him being town, but more importantly, I have never been in a game in which mafia had a dayvig. If Inception was like that it's an idiotic role that should never be in a game, but I can see daykilling SK, I can see town dayvig, I can NOT see mafia dayvig, hence I would assume town/indie. Quite simple reasoning actually. If EE flipped scum, I would still see town/indie because of that reason above. Try harder.

Also, how does him being a scumflip mean mafia is a possibility if it's not with a townflip? Any shot, whether it hits town or mafia, at that point is ********. It gives no information to draw from, and really is just some of the worst play I've ever seen. But if you're assuming mafia could have a dayvig anyway, why would you say that's only the case with a scumflip? If anything it's less likely that way.
Kk, so when you said early in the game that if the shot was real that you wanted LDR dead, you were saying so because you thought they were detrimental town/indie? I never got the feeling from your posts that you didn't think that LDR was scum if the shot went through purely because of mechanics, I thought it was because you assumed it was terrible scum play.

Second part, because I don't see anything other than suspicion and possibly their own lynch that mafia could gain from shooting a townie in the beginning of the Day. However, if EE had flipped mafia, I would have considered the possibility that they weren't just lucky and that LDR shot his scummate for pro-town credit on the flip.

Mentos, is there anyone else that you would be okay with lynching toDay other than LDR?

I can't finish this read right now, I'll be back tonight and I know it's getting close to the deadline but I want to at least read the LDR/Mentos interactions and get some responses to my post before the Day ends.

July

Smash Apprentice
Bah that post I just posted was supposed to be the last part of this post:

Sorry for inactivity, over halfway done with finals so I'll be more active.

Oh, I think I see what you mean. But would Mentos necessarily feel the same way that you do? Because having not read Inception Mafia, I don't think I would necessarily come to the conclusion you would.
He doesn't have to come to the same conclusion I did, but I wanted to see his reaction to my statement, and I wanted to see him take harder stances. During the entire EE/Lunar Disco thing he was there but not really a factor, and that's something that bothered me, and I felt like his commentary was in such a way that it kept his reads on Lunar Disco and EE ambiguous except here. I feel like here, not even the part that relates to Inception but the last line that he hoped Lunar Disco was lying about the shot, assumes that EE will flip town; I would have been happy if EE flipped scum, even early in the Day it would have provided a lot of information through people's reactions. I realize the mafia shooting mafia/Inception mafia train of thought is a bit tenuous, and that's why I want to see his reaction to what I said and see where his head actually was when he made this statement.

D'aw you remembered. ;) Inception mafia was soooo much fun and now I can't be trusted with a Day Vig role because of it. However, July, can you tell me what exactly gives you a town-lean on Swords? I am curious like Circus because well...we all three found out how recently he can be haha. xD
Swords was one of the few, very few people up until recently who actually asked questions that tried to drive the conversation forward and away from all the shock and awe at Lunar Disco's shot. It seems like a lot of people were content to just comment on how they disapproved of what happened and sit back and let nothing new happen. I realize that Swords played a very good game in Liar Game and I am not going to let him waltz away as an obvtown read, but right now I'm content having him as a town-lean in a town populated by a lot of nulls.

I did read, I skimmed. But I'm focusing on your shot. Why did you shoot? "To kill him" is not an answer.

And why do you think he called your bluff?

Why don't you? Talk to me how it limits him to being town/indie.
I don't see what Lunar Disco gains from shooting EE right out of the gate if they are mafia, taking a shot in the beginning of the Day is obviously going to garner a lot of attention and suspicion, and there's a good chance they could have been lynched toDay as a result, and they really don't seem to care about that. I don't think that as mafia there is any gain to shooting in the beginning of the Day, even to take out someone they find threatening, compared to later in the Day when a shot might garner less suspicion. It looks like a reckless move with little concern for overall repercussions, which is more likely of town. As for indie, I don't see any reason an indie who needs to survive would do something so reckless that's pretty much assured to get them lynched by LyLo, and as I said before Lunar Disco really doesn't seem to show concerns for self-preservation.

I wanted a bit more of a healthier read from July about you. What she said as a reasoning for liking you is pretty generic, especially considering that she was being paranoid about you so why would a small thing like that give her a lean-town on you. Alright at the fact that it bugged you haha. The reason I asked that is because there is something about July's post that makes me curious about her because she seems a tad, cautious with her opinions on things at the moment. She seems more trying to justify a town-read on LDR rather than looking for scum and then her read on you is confusing me.
I wasn't particularly paranoid of Swords, I acknowledged that he is a good player as indie but that doesn't mean that I'm going to revoke my town lean on him, I'll just keep an eye on him like I would anyways because the game is still young.

Also, can you explain the bolded part? As in provide examples of how my reads have been cautious?

...but what makes you think Mentos would have that same conclusion? Furthermore, what makes you think that Mentos assumed that EE would flip town? This just..seems like one hell of a reach from you and I don't like it.
I already addressed this earlier in response to Circus, but anyways it matters more to me how he responds to what I said and getting into his head of what he was actually thinking when he made that post.

July's attacks on Mentos have flawed reasonings filled with reaches but she's actually attacking legitimately scummy things instead of just nuances particular to Mentos. It's the right direction even if she's going about it the wrong way.

Circus is Circus. Trying to accomplish the impossible task of putting Ryker on a leash is a ProTown action, if only to somehow prevent more stupid deaths, but that's my most memorable action from him. Other than that, he's probed a couple of people but never really went anywhere with it. He's taking more of a background route and adding to the discussion, not particularly leading it. His insight is good though, definitely good enough to worth leaving him alone.

But I talked about Circus. Why didn't you ask me about Ranmaru or marshy/Macman?
I like you, you're pretty observant, and I can admit I might have gone about attacking Mentos' posts in a reachy way but I'm hoping that I got even more information about him from it.

If you haven't already, can you give a read on marshy and macman?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Marshy is town

He's like the easiest town read ever he already wanted vig to shoot again for him

that's like 100 percent town marshy lol.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
This ****ing game.

Kevin, make me want to play. I was MAD in the shower this morning over Ryker shooting ****ing EE. Like, this shouldn't have happened.

Tell me Ryker is Town, and explain why. Then tell me why Mentos is scum.

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
Flip that, Raz, seeing as you're the one who hasn't been here. Tell me why Ryker is scum and why Mentos is town.

As for the whole, you were MAD thing, I thought you JUST read the game tonight after dropping off the map.

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
This I can live with. But if you would not be willing to be on the wagon of the player town collectively decides on, then that means you don't shoot anyone, not "shoot whoever you want." Agreed?
Completely depends on the situation. Is there another candidate with significant support that I want to shoot? I'll shoot him.

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
Slept on it and decided hey, I'm probly gonna be dead by the time LDR gets to take another shot, so I may as well just play it out for now. Numbered for easy response, I'll probly respond to other stuff too but if not, later I will.

*le sigh* 1: Maybe, but you do realize I make a comment like that EVERY time I come under attack for what boils down to the way I play right? It's usually more sarcastic "I'm tired of this," this game just already had me upset when I got there.

2: I'll get to the second quoted paragraph soon, but first things first, you say that's worthless? How so when July was saying she was thinking I might be scum for acting like I knew EE was town, and I was explaining why my thoughts that I was giving at the time wouldn't change regardless of his alignment. Not going to sit around and let it be portrayed that I know who's town when there's really nothing to base that off of.

As for the second paragraph, there IS a reason for it. You say it comes down to thoughts, and it does, however looking at the original post, you can see that she's saying that mafia dayvig is only possible if it kills mafia: something that works to allow her questioning of me and my motivations for how I was talking, but does not leave the possibility of you being mafia open, something which is pretty much universally agreed a no. I want her line of thought because she's using something to accuse me that, if making the assumption that there could be a mafia dayvig, there's no reason to write it off with the flip other than keeping to popular opinion.

3: There's a difference between how you play mafia and how you play a role, and you know what I meant. Honestly though, if not for the way the first shot destroyed my trust in you to handle your ability properly(or for the fact that I really lean towards thinking you're an SK) I have no problems with a vig shooting(although in a small game like this they should really hold out and not make many shots but *shrug*). However now that you're out, and your alignment is still questionable, I expect you to work with the town not all alone.

4: Not really, you shot EE pretty much for being the first to post, this isn't a big game where there's a lot of room for error, definitely not the kinda game where you do that kind of thing because it can screw town over really quick.

5: First of all, I was responding to posts attacking me for what happened at that point in the game, so of course my focus is on that. Secondly, I'm willing to "write off a mislynch" because I'm leaning toward you being an SK and I'm willing to risk it to lynch someone I don't think is town. If you are I don't think it hurts us too much, but those kinda comments are there because I don't think that's the case, but I'm willing to risk it. That's why it's I don't care IF, not I don't care THAT.

6: I probly will, but in the meantime, no thanks.

7: Nope, for your talk of me not taking more recent posts into account, I'm more straightforward because of your consistent "I'll do what I want" attitude. Otherwise I'd be sticking with "get rid of you before LYLO but not immediately." If you were going to cooperate I wouldn't be pushing so much that I want you dead right now.

8: Missing the point level: epic. If you had even waited till near the end of D1 for that shot, we woulda had stuff to draw on that coulda been quite helpful. My point was that you take out a player with a good record of helping town if he's town before there's anything to take from him. It's not just about the fact of taking him out, it's the fact of doing so before it can give us anything from him that makes it lose-lose in my eyes.

9:

But it's not important to make sure you remember right? That's why I feel it's damning: you "corrected" it without making sure you were right. That means either you didn't care if you were remembering wrong, or you actively chose to lie about it, and either way you fed false information solely to try to up the odds of getting me lynched. Either way, if it was important to correct, as you agree you felt it was, that means it was important to get right, something you apparently did NOT care about as a townie should.

10. Yep, stupidity is the only reason someone would take that shot.

11. I have been, you just choose to assume I haven't. Since the shot you've continued being cocky, given me no reason to lean town instead of SK as I have, and since you say unless you agree you won't do what town wants, my feeling of "doesn't have to die right away" is gone. Make me think you're town and agree to make yourself trustworthy, and I'll stop wanting you dead today.(note: your "cutting a deal" that you mentioned to Kevin HAS helped the cause of that)

I am, but I don't play the buddying up game till I'm sure I can trust someone, and that'll take a while when it comes to you :p If we both live long enough for me to trust you though, we'll tear some **** up!

I always do anymore because I get called and almost lynched on it in every game I play and it has gotten really old XD This game it was amplified because I was already unhappy with the game, but yeah, it's not really that odd for me to get annoyed by it.

So, what hard decision? What specific alignment he was that made me want him lynched? Not to mention my usual safe playstyle, I think the fact that I wanted him lynched regardless made it clear that if it was a gambit I thought he was mafia rolefishing, and if not I would lean SK.

Yeah it was after our back and forth early in the day, but he wasn't so much attacking me at that point. After that there weren't very many posts, and none directed at me, prior to the last post I read until yesterday: the EE death scene.

@J: please please please never use mentoscum again, stick with scumtos or something... That just doesn't stack well with a name that ends in s normally >_> <_< >_> XDD

Phew, that was a way longer post than I initially planned on, but oh well.(also, took me forever XDD)
1.) Self-meta!

2.) I said it was worthless from both sides. Neither of you really have anything and it doesn't really lead anywhere. I didn't say I took issue with it.

As for the second line, do you really want me defending a player from accusations? I think their trumped up bull****, but I'm not the one you were charging. What's the call here?

3.) Sure, I'll work with town. But you're not town.

Also, mechanics wise, a traditional vig should almost always pull the trigger.

4.) Nope, I shot EE for being EE.

5.) No. Your entire thing was, "I think he might be SK,.. but if he's town, then I don't care." There's no attempt to discern alignment, you're just trying to accomplish an end.

6.)

7.) Oh man, someone just proved that their skimming and just trying to get something accomplished.

8.) Nope. Call me an optimist, but I'm gonna look at the good part of the hands fate deals. ;)

9.)

10.) So, do you think I'm stupid?

11.) Bull****. You haven't mentioned anything not concerning your own safety or my gun.

July

Smash Apprentice
Kk finished reading.

Mentos, it seems like you've caught up but the only person you have given a read on is LDR, but as J and LDR pointed out that read waivers between a scum lean and town/indie but detriment. Do you have a read on any other players?

I still have a town lean on Swords, he's been contributing and interacting with a lot of the player list to analyze their posts and pick their brains, and I like his questions/comments towards J.

Also a town lean on Circus, when he contributes he tends to add something new to the conversation to drive it forward, and he's handled the LDR thing without getting drawn into it and consumed by it.

LDR reckless but most likely town, as I've already stated multiple times.

WL has definitely caught my attention, his style is different than I remember but he's definitely flooded the thread with content and been very upfront with his opinions so I'm fine with him for now.

J has been another active player, but like Circus and Swords have pointed out he seems to be really concerned about my Swords read and I feel like he's been picking at little things and asking questions that aren't helping him scumhunt. I do like his input on WL however, I feel like "theatrical" is a good way to deem his style of play so far but that it isn't a red flag or indicative of alignment. Null leaning scum.

Ran has asked some good questions of LDR but I don't see that he has gone anywhere with them nor has he actively engaged with a lot of the player list, so I have no idea where his head is at or what his reads look like, which is not usually something I have trouble with from Ran. Leaning scum.

Ran, your vote isn't anywhere right now. Do you have any scum reads right now?

Mentos response to the pressure on him helped in some ways, but then in many ways it didn't. His response to me seems to mean that he didn't think LDR was town/indie because of his play and the EE shot, but rather because of mechanics. But now he does seem to think that LDR is scum, or at least leaning scum, but at other places it also seems like he thinks he's detrimental town. It's hard to decipher his read on LDR but what bothers me the most is that he hasn't given any reads on anyone else and doesn't seem to be trying to scumhunt on anyone other than LDR. Right now all I know is that he wants LDR to die. I'm happy keeping my vote here for now.

Anyone I didn't mention hasn't left an impression or has been plain inactive so they are null.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Even in a game this small? Just because he [mentos] didn't say that he's a oneshot (and, indeed, is now claiming contrary to that idea), doesn't mean that's not what he is. It's interesting to me that you [marshy] assumed multiple shots before LDR ever really said it himself.
aw ****

well i know who im nightkilling

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LDR and Ran, what do you think about these two posts quoted above (not the one at the very top of this post)?
I felt it was misplaced. He had this 'short list' of people he wanted to live, and then started a re-read and jumbled that all up. It felt forced. Like he was just hopping on because it was the popular thing to do. Basically, his re-read just seemed opportunistic.

Swords, what is your read on WL and July?

I don't see what Lunar Disco gains from shooting EE right out of the gate if they are mafia, taking a shot in the beginning of the Day is obviously going to garner a lot of attention and suspicion, and there's a good chance they could have been lynched toDay as a result, and they really don't seem to care about that. I don't think that as mafia there is any gain to shooting in the beginning of the Day, even to take out someone they find threatening, compared to later in the Day when a shot might garner less suspicion. It looks like a reckless move with little concern for overall repercussions, which is more likely of town. As for indie, I don't see any reason an indie who needs to survive would do something so reckless that's pretty much assured to get them lynched by LyLo, and as I said before Lunar Disco really doesn't seem to show concerns for self-preservation.
This is wifom. Scum can do the same. Scum know that town are reckless, so he could do this as scum/indy to garner attention and a clear. What did you think of his actions in thread?

LDR proving to be basically stupid loose cannon town, doubt he would play this was as scum or indy, literally doesn't make sense to try and get to a anything but town wincon with that style of gambit/play.
Can you go into why you doubt this, in the underlined?

>Lunatic ******* *******' shot was real

img img img img img img img img

There are no words for this ****.
This seems overplayed.

HENCE WHY I WAS/AM PISSED.

/caps
Again, seems overplayed. I didn't like it either, it was very stupid. But you didn't really look into it.

Okay, caught up.

Standing by what I said earlier, he's three posts in and none of them were out of the ordinary or particularly sinister. No qualms with J.

Hell, no qualms with anyone, because everyone's reaction has been, more or less, similar. Most people seem to question Mentos' indecision and formal, political method of speaking, most people hate LDR right now. The Macman/Marshy interaction is definitely against the grain but I don't really know what to make of it. It's so limited that it's vague and any real scum intent that can be drawn takes serious spinning to reach.
I don't like the Underlined. Why are you summarizing other people's thoughts on Mentos and LDR? I also don't like the bold, I don't see any reason for you to point that out without a flip. It seems you are just trying to put as much content as you can to appease town.

So pick. Someone else has to die today, who is it at this stage?
LDR, I don't see how this question helps you find scum. Why did you ask WL this?

Part of me wants to say you, simply because you can't be quelled by majority if you actually have more shots. You'll shoot who you want, everyone else be damned, and your renegade act can continue to put us deeper in the hole. Just because I find it unlikely for you to be scum doesn't mean I like you. Find me scum and stop waving your gun around like a big man just because you shot a townie based on name.

Actual scum? Rather than tell you who I would want to die, lemme tell you who I don't: J, Circus, Swordy. I like Circus' direction, Swordy's questioning of everything, and J just being useful in general. Anyone else hasn't done enough to give me an insightful look into them.
This post throws up flags for me. WL came out yelling and being very mad at LDR for shooting EE like that. Yet he didn't even out of the gate try to determine if LDR was town/scum/indie. He's using the role to stay from LDR and I don't like that. (July is doing the same) He is fence sitting with his opinion, so much so LDR has to poke it out of him.

Instead he gives a list of people he'd like to keep alive for the time being and then re-reads for an unknown reason.

EBWOP: Yes that includes July.

And just because I know Mentos' posting style doesn't mean I like Mentos' posting style.
This post here was weird. I don't see why he would want to have July on a 'don't care if she dies list'. He didn't really give a reason and when asked just clarified that she wasn't on the 'stay alive' list.

WL, what is your read on July?

Vote: WL

All aboard

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

@July:

WL has definitely caught my attention, his style is different than I remember but he's definitely flooded the thread with content and been very upfront with his opinions so I'm fine with him for now.
Underlined, how exactly has he caught your attention?
Bold, how exactly is his style different? Does this imply he may be scum/indie/town?
Your reasoning for him being 'fine' is a bit weak. Just because someone posted content doesn't = town, July, you should know this. What do you think of my reason for voting him?

J has been another active player, but like Circus and Swords have pointed out he seems to be really concerned about my Swords read and I feel like he's been picking at little things and asking questions that aren't helping him scumhunt. I do like his input on WL however, I feel like "theatrical" is a good way to deem his style of play so far but that it isn't a red flag or indicative of alignment. Null leaning scum.
Can you go further into this? Also what do you think of his points on you, July?

Ran has asked some good questions of LDR but I don't see that he has gone anywhere with them nor has he actively engaged with a lot of the player list, so I have no idea where his head is at or what his reads look like, which is not usually something I have trouble with from Ran. Leaning scum.
I was engaging with those that stood out to me. I first had to get over LDR (Because I can't get any reads without first untangling the roots of LDR) and I came to the conclusion I don't like him. But I'd put him on the backburner and look for other scum. I was also waiting for you to post before I gave any opinions of you.

Anyways, your scum read on me here is very weak. First of all, you could have asked me where my head was at if you were wondering, yet you already jumped to the conclusion I was scum. You didn't ask me, so I don't see how your read on me is backed. Meaning I don't see how you could have reached it. It seems slapped on so you can say that I'm scum, without even trying to figure if my intentions were scum, town, or indie. You are wrong that I have gone no where with my questions. I had reasons to ask them.

Ran, your vote isn't anywhere right now. Do you have any scum reads right now?
I do. WL, and then you. LDR is null leaning scum but he is on the back burner for now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't like July because she has been a bit... skewed with her reads there. She isn't really looking at intent and I don't like the direction she is heading. She is giving WL an excuse for having a theatrical playstyle, when his reaction was very overplayed. I don't think she isn't really looking for scum, and is just trying to appear like she has found scum by posting her weak reads, when in reality she has done nothing to achieve them herself. I also don't see the reason for her having a town read on WL or LDR.

@LDR: What is your read on July? If we lynched WL, would you shoot July ToDay?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Considering how little I've done so far, the number of people saying they like me legitimately makes me uncomfortable.
I didn't see it either. Nothing stood out from you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Swords, let me re-iterate my thoughts to that WL quote.

It's like he re-read just to vote Mentos at the end without any effort. As if the mentos scum read was there the whole time.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Swords:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14410987&postcount=242

I don't see why her giving out a town read is necessarily a bad thing, considering that there wasn't all that much for her to comment on when she made that post. Also, your accusation of her "more trying to justify a town-read on LDR rather than looking for scum" doesn't really hold up when one looks at what she has actually done. I mean, she attacked Mentos. An easy thing to do, but you gotta admit that it's something.
Underlined, what do you mean? (Are you saying that her attack was weak but still something? [An excuse])

Okay, I agree with you that WL is too "theatrical," for my liking. However apparently he's always like this, so as of now I'm actually going to take it as null.
Underlined, you say 'apparently'. Does this mean you didn't know this? Where exactly did you learn he was this way? What did you think of his list of people he wanted to live? (And him mentioning July)

W.r.t. bolded, it's true that anyone can just ask questions, but that's better than doing nothing IMAO.
What is your purpose in stating this?

Lunar Disco Redheads

Smash Rookie
I asked him for a stance, Ran.

No I won't be shooting July based of the evidence that is currently at play. I am not totally opposed to lynching WL.

You are odd. I don't like you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I asked him for a stance, Ran.

No I won't be shooting July based of the evidence that is currently at play. I am not totally opposed to lynching WL.

You are odd. I don't like you.
You asked who?

Uh, what is your read on July?

Talk to me about why you are half ok with lynching WL.

And I don't like you.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Tell me what exactly you feel is odd about me

#HBC | Dancer

I like this post:

I felt it was misplaced. He had this 'short list' of people he wanted to live, and then started a re-read and jumbled that all up. It felt forced. Like he was just hopping on because it was the popular thing to do. Basically, his re-read just seemed opportunistic.

Swords, what is your read on WL and July?
With WL, I actually was thinking the EXACT same thing as what you just said. I just wanted to hear your and Ryker's opinion first without saying it outloud (and thus potentially corrupting your opinions).

The thing with WL is, is that he has flip flopped on two things so far, and in both cases he was flipping to the more "popular" side of the issue. His reasoning for flipping in both cases looks solid enough, but it's still pretty sloppy for him to of missed that he's now using to justify his reads on J and Mentos. Also, it kinda seemed like he was looking for a reason to change those two reads, if you get me.

With July, well that one's a bit tougher to crack, because the way she always presents stuff is in a very analytical form which makes her hard to read. I looked at here read list, and while some of our reads clash, is not nearly enough to get up and arms about. She's actively presenting reads which I like, but I don't really feel like she's presenting enough "new" stuff besides a town lean on me and a scum lean on Ran (for a weird reason to. "I don't know where Ran's head is at, and thus he's scummy for it?" <- Why is this scummy?). Her not presenting new stuff isn't necessarily "scummy" in itself, it's just not townie. I DID like her catch on Mentos earlier; I see where she was coming from there and such a catch must of involved some deep thought of the situation (or a bus, either one is possible :awesome:).

So really she's null, but if I had to pick a side I'll say she's slightly more town than scum. Just slightly though.

Ran, would it change your opinion on WL at all if we told you that he ALWAYS overplays stuff, as town or as scum?

unvote vote WL

Still don't like Mentos but everyone else is already gang banging him with their votes so I think I'll move mine to another scum read for now.

#HBC | Dancer

me said:
but it's still pretty sloppy for him to of missed the reasoning that he's now using to justify his reads on J and Mentos.
fix in bold

Also

@MARSHY:

Cus I know you'll skim this otherwise.

Why do you have Mentos as town? Also could you please answer my questions to you earlier? I wasn't kidding when I said that he would help me if you were to give your insight into Mentos.

#HBC | Dancer

@Swords:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14410987&postcount=242

Underlined, what do you mean? (Are you saying that her attack was weak but still something? [An excuse])
No. J attacked July for "not really scumhunting," and I was defending July from J's attack (which I didn't like). I was simply telling J that July DID attack Mentos beforehand (something J didn't mention in his attack on July), and WHILE the attack wasn't original (LDR had already started it), it still counted as "scumhunting."

Underlined, you say 'apparently'. Does this mean you didn't know this? Where exactly did you learn he was this way? What did you think of his list of people he wanted to live? (And him mentioning July)
Correct, I didn't know that he was always "theatrical." If you read back in the thread, you would see that I learned that he was "always" like that from Circus and LDR.

I think his list of people "that he wants to live" came out too early. He did make the distinction though that it was different from "who he thought was town" and those who he simply was "okay with living." Also, I like his reasoning for liking me and Circus. Still though, thinking about it more now, even if he wasn't straight up calling us town, I still don't like it. If anything, I simply don't really see the point to making such a list, especially so early.

I honestly can not think of any reason why he would of put July on that list. Didn't she only make one post at the time? Him putting July on the list is another reason I don't like that list.

What is your purpose in stating this?
J earlier was saying that "anyone could simply ask questions and gain townie points," which while true, seemed odd to me, as at the very least it would be better for someone to at LEAST do that considering that there isn't anything else anyone could do so early on in the game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Swords:

With WL, I actually was thinking the EXACT same thing as what you just said. I just wanted to hear your and Ryker's opinion first without saying it outloud (and thus potentially corrupting your opinions).

The thing with WL is, is that he has flip flopped on two things so far, and in both cases he was flipping to the more "popular" side of the issue. His reasoning for flipping in both cases looks solid enough, but it's still pretty sloppy for him to of missed that he's now using to justify his reads on J and Mentos. Also, it kinda seemed like he was looking for a reason to change those two reads, if you get me.
Exactly. Underlined, I do. I said this (the re-iteration). I said that it seemed like he did that re-read just to vote mentos, because he originally stated he had no qualms with anyone.

With July, well that one's a bit tougher to crack, because the way she always presents stuff is in a very analytical form which makes her hard to read. I looked at here read list, and while some of our reads clash, is not nearly enough to get up and arms about. She's actively presenting reads which I like, but I don't really feel like she's presenting enough "new" stuff besides a town lean on me and a scum lean on Ran (for a weird reason to. "I don't know where Ran's head is at, and thus he's scummy for it?" <- Why is this scummy?). Her not presenting new stuff isn't necessarily "scummy" in itself, it's just not townie. I DID like her catch on Mentos earlier; I see where she was coming from there and such a catch must of involved some deep thought of the situation (or a bus, either one is possible :awesome:).

So really she's null, but if I had to pick a side I'll say she's slightly more town than scum. Just slightly though.
I agree she can be at times, but not this time. I am sure if she really believed in her reads she'd put a little more effort into elaborating on the reasons leading to them.

Ran, would it change your opinion on WL at all if we told you that he ALWAYS overplays stuff, as town or as scum?
No it wouldn't. I have played with him before and know how he reacts. This seemed way too over the top and it didn't really have the conclusion one would have after reacting in that way. Even if the reaction was null him not having a solid opinion on LDR or trying to garner one makes it out of place. Get me?

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I'll be getting back to this game in a bit, but first things first:

Hey, hey Ran. Read this:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12914117&postcount=1654

And then reanalyze your "HIS ANGER'S FAKED GAIZE" point again. I get mad when people do stupid things. The dumber it is, the angrier I get. Tell me again that shooting someone right out of the gate is not a ****** move, right up there with leaving a claimed gogdamn indy alive, and that getting pissed off about it was indeed fake.

Gog I hate "OH HE WASN'T BEING GENUINE" cases. They're so full of ****.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That was a ****** move, who said it wasn't?

My qualm with you is that after all that, you were still on the fence with LDR, and you didn't really have any suspicions and just laid a vote on Mentos after a re-read. It wasn't a vote backed up with a reason or anything, you just plopped on, but why? Talk to me about that vote.

Also give me a read on July.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Nobody, I was just making my point.

I never said I was on the fence about LDR. I had him as town all the way and even said as much many times. Where did you get me being on the fence about him?

July? Productive, attacking something worthwhile and not just stupid or convenient like some other people are using to vote Mentos. Can't say she's scum right now, but that's a read that's going to take time to fully develop. July's not a player you peg in a few posts and the only times I've played a game with her, she was scum.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
My vote on Mentos came from something July pointed out. I really agreed with her point that Mentos was looking for a way to lynch LDR regardless and that, coupled with his reasoning of LDR's shot was stupid but LDR themselves are not stupid, ergo, they're scum was bad and I didn't like it. So I voted him.

It's weak, sure, but there aren't many active voices right now and Mentos is the best route to go down for the moment.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Part of me wants to say you, simply because you can't be quelled by majority if you actually have more shots. You'll shoot who you want, everyone else be damned, and your renegade act can continue to put us deeper in the hole. Just because I find it unlikely for you to be scum doesn't mean I like you. Find me scum and stop waving your gun around like a big man just because you shot a townie based on name.

Actual scum? Rather than tell you who I would want to die, lemme tell you who I don't: J, Circus, Swordy. I like Circus' direction, Swordy's questioning of everything, and J just being useful in general. Anyone else hasn't done enough to give me an insightful look into them.
First paragraph made me think you were on the fence regarding LDR.

On July, what did you think of her reads list? Also can you quote the post that you agreed with in regards to Mentos? Why didn't you point that out when voting Mentos?

Also, do you have any other scum reads?

Top Bottom