• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God, how to you beat ZSS?

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
This guy that was really good with her in a tourney just crushed me. Freaking paralyzer combos (B, Dsmash, Dsmash, ^B)... :p Well, I know that once you get her airborne, she's very weak (first hand experience), but how do you beat her? BTW if you didn't notice, I'm a G&W main. (Bucket sort of worked, but then she'd just B> me...)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I have an idea, but the game wouldn't be as much fun if you didn't figure it out for yourself, would it?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Yes, I'm going to tell you how to beat my alt. That would make life far easier for me when I choose to play her.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Here's an idea! PRACTICE! >_>

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Her main focus downfall is recovery. Also, my friend RunningBrave mains GW and he uses alot of Bairs when I'm approaching. That's all I can help with.

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Her main focus downfall is recovery. Also, my friend RunningBrave mains GW and he uses alot of Bairs when I'm approaching. That's all I can help with.

HEY LOOK A DISTRACTION!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Don't get hit.

Also, Zamus is pretty light, so G&W's hard hitting smashes should finish her off as soon as she gets into kill percents.

Until then, use lots of bair, nair, and air combos, and just remember to take her out as soon as possible with full-blown kill moves so she can't recover. Zamus has ridiculous recovery if you don't edgehog her, and might bring you down with her if you do.

She's also useless when she's above someone, but her dair will get her down quick if you don't knock her out of it with G&W's insane uair, nair, usmash, utilt, etc.

I'd also recommend the Summit or Frigate Orpheon due to the lack of edges for Zamus to try to recover. Makes it twice as easy to edgehog, cuz you don't need to. : D

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Don't get hit.

Also, Zamus is pretty light, so G&W's hard hitting smashes should finish her off as soon as she gets into kill percents.

Until then, use lots of bair, nair, and air combos, and just remember to take her out as soon as possible with full-blown kill moves so she can't recover. Zamus has ridiculous recovery if you don't edgehog her, and might bring you down with her if you do.

She's also useless when she's above someone, but her dair will get her down quick if you don't knock her out of it with G&W's insane uair, nair, usmash, utilt, etc.

I'd also recommend the Summit or Frigate Orpheon due to the lack of edges for Zamus to try to recover. Makes it twice as easy to edgehog, cuz you don't need to. : D
Why the hell are you telling people how to beat us I mean seriously?! =/

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
The point of these forums is to share knowledge, not to hoard it.

It's not like good players will never learn how to face ZSS.
We don't tell people our weaknesses, that's what the other character forums are they share them there.

We don't just give out our weaknesses and say "Oh this is how you beat my main!" it ruins the point of maining the character! Either figure it out yourself or ask on your characters main board.

Most other character forums will give helpful advice if someone asks for some help with defeating their character. Just pointing this out.
I just don't expect people to blurt out how to beat our main and tell them every weakness we have, since albeit not many people use her. I'm pretty sure other character forums have matchup threads do they not?

Mac Dre

Smash Cadet
get over it darkshadow now people know how to generally beat zss now its up to u to use ur knowledge and skill to win, its not like they can automatically beat u now because some1 tells them what to do

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
get over it darkshadow now people know how to generally beat zss now its up to u to use ur knowledge and skill to win, its not like they can automatically beat u now because some1 tells them what to do
You have a point, I overreacted. It's not like no one would figure it out anyways, I just feel a bit well odd just blurting out how to beat us in a battle. In the end a good player will always win..

Sorry to both people for harping on them.

BoredPeanut

Smash Journeyman
While it's true they'd figure out how to fight ZSS, giving out your information would be like going to get into a fight and being like "Hey wait, take this rocket launcher first! :D"

Oh well, we'll just go to the G&W forum and ask how to beat him :p

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
Maybe you guys like to hand out crutches to kids with stubbed toes.
Exactly my point, I just feel odd saying "Here this is how you destroy me in battle!"

It takes away from the excitement...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
DSR, yeah it' just like telling a Marth User to fair and fsmash more... ><
Precisely. I'd imagine G&W's standard game is at least decently effective against ZSS, and if G&W mains come in full force telling me a bair approach doesn't work, then asking me is really pointless, since I don't know G&W's game well enough to beat a ZSS with him.

GetSmashedWithTheBros

Smash Apprentice
Don't get hit.

you realize that all you did was describe how to play a G&W and then say "oh P.S. - edgehog"

Snakeee

Smash Master
long range and good spacing, my friend mains marth and i rarely win while playing ZSS
ZSS clearly outranges Marth.

I'll give a tip because it really doesn't matter to me, most people I play know the deal by now, and this is something people should easily notice. For most characters the best place to be in is the forward B's blind spot area. Not just because you can't get hit with the attack, but she can't really do much in general from there. This is especially good for Marth because he can reach her from there.

ky72x

Smash Apprentice
Yup, and it leaves you vulnerable for a counter attack. That's why it's a good idea to stun them with down-b first, then rack up the damage with her whip.

Top Bottom