• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good partners for diddy in doubles?

DK SPEED DK

Smash Apprentice
I dont know if there was already a thread for this but i wanted to know who is a good pair with diddy for doubles.

or if diddys even worth playing in doubles because i also play pikachu.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
You would be better off with Pika probably. It is very hard to play doubles with Diddy, he is a very 1v1 type character. IDK what your skill level is though because you are new here. Pika would be better to start. If you feel confident with Diddy later, than try it out.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Doubles is tricky for Diddy since he requires space to truly work his magic. A character with a strong air game and ability to kill would be nice for him. Maybe Wario

ADHD

Smash Hero
Metaknight, g&w, or snake. DDD sometimes works but it depends on the matchups, whereas wario I don't like so much because he can't always fight mk up close.

PortCity

Smash Ace
The answer to your question is "Anyone that can successfully fight MK and not get gimped". Let's see, that includes hmm........ MK, Kirby, Snake, Pit, Wario. Now there are other characters, but they are less efficient. My personal favorite team mates include Pit and Wario. Pit because on Final Destination (or any stage) Diddy and Pit together can setup a bulwark that canNOT be broken. A wall of arrows, peanuts, bananas, and mirror shields stop and deflect anything. So those two can sit back and camp the entire time with success. Wario is good on Diddy's team because of his power and air mobility. With Wario's air speed and Diddy's ground speed they can set up these moving zones where it isn't safe to jump or walk along the ground. I like DDD and Diddy, but only Diddy can stop metaknight from taking over the stage. If there are 2 metaknights, DDD will subcumb to all that speed and Diddy will get hit just trying to save him. Double Diddy is "ok" BUT only if they both are good at fighting with out bananas. The recommended strategy for them , have one spam while the other fights. This team is mainly for fun though, cause they both have the same weaknesses. Another personal favorite is Snake. His killing power compliments your combo ability and if he knows how to use bananas and you know how to use grenades then winning is cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHUGm5u2lBg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYdbAjgGCMU

Those 2 clips show decent wario / diddy team play.

hamtar00

Smash Rookie
well what i usually due when playing with my friends its to my partner choose someone long ranged like lucas or snake so i go into the fight ( yeah against both of them ) and he just assists me with pk thunder or another projectiles , if u are an agressive diddy like me u probably will like this

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Hay hay hay, I'm going to be playin in a tourney with a Ness player wif Diddy Kong... Is this a good team-up?

Bees!

Smash Ace
Doubles is tricky for Diddy since he requires space to truly work his magic. A character with a strong air game Like Kirby and ability to kill Like Kirby would be nice for him. Maybe Kirby
Fixed it for Ya ;)
I think Kirby would be good as well. Good Air game. Great killing power. Also getting Diddy's ability will help him by giving him a projectile. Also Kirby could help Unlike Wario by saving Diddy off-stage(Well I guess Wario could do it. But Kirby can do it better.) Only problem would be that both are pretty light-weight.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
tricks diddy can do are quite numerous :D
if you have a teammate with a powerfull smash, he can grab an enemy, force a ground release from where you trip him and he gets a smash :)
or basically whatever comes to mind will true combo from a nana XD

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
i would think that anyone with a strong air game would compliment diddy because he controls the ground so well. i think snake and diddy would only get in each other`s way unless they had some bomb-*** synergy. MK, kirby, wario, game and watch would be my choice

Top Bottom