• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good secondary chracter

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Ok, I'm a Falco user, but I may need a secondary character to master. Anyone know a good secondary for a Falco user? I've tried Marth and Mario so far, and I think Mario is my best choice. Any opinions/suggestions.

Also suggest a chracter so that i dont feel ackward using him/her..

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
um, i personally used Fox for a while. I still use him, but for some reason the past couple weeks my Fox has been junk (not because I'm used to falco lol) The only problem with Fox is adjusting between him and Falco. there was a few months where my fox was prettty good and then my falco sucked, but eventually i felt they were both on an equal level (until recently)

IMO, Fox compliments some of falco's worse match-ups pretty well. I would use Fox more likely in these match-ups

Marth
Sheik
Peach
Jiggs
Falco (since i don't do so hot in those dittos and i shinespike everything)
certain low tier chars

Besides Fox, Sheik is another good choice. Marth ***** falco pretty retardedly unless you're incredibly smart playing and don't get grabbed much, so Sheik (whom apparently has the upperhand agaisnt marth) would also be a good choice. Sheik is also pretty good overall in other match-ups.

Considering a low-tier secondary or tertiary is also a possible plan. I used Game & Watch for a while, but now I've been using DK (cargo grab uair combos FTW)

Anyways, i hope this helps you make your decision lol

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't think I'll fo really good with Fox IMO, because it would feel weird to me not having a SHB. Mario has a good WD, and his ape/Tornado is a very good recovery tactic. I'll try out sheik to see how she plays. Thanks for tips though! =>

A-Laon

Smash Master
Ideally, I'd shoot for Fox as a secondary. With this combination of characters, there is absolutely no match-up you should lose as long as you have the skill to win.

However, if you don't want to invest the time and effort in Fox, Marth/Sheik would probably be the next best choices as they deal with the most troubling match-ups.

Also, and I'm actually curious if anybody with the experience could provide some input on this idea: Samus will give you a better shot against Peach, an upperhand on Jiggs, and an outright counter of ICs, covering what are possibly Falco's 3 weakest match-ups.

Basically, just go with whoever covers your least comfortable match-ups. You'll likely end up needing more than one secondary.

Salaad

Smash Ace
I main Marth and Falco, (Don't ask) and I use Shiek sometimes...Marth because he's just so good at Yoshi's Iland and Falco for PS and FD. xD

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon, because he's that awesome. (want a counterpick against marth on FD? yeah? yeah? heres one!) Hopefully, he'll eventually become your main, since he's just that manly and awesome.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Jiggs baby ^^ - i hate falco dittos thats why, and i do really well vs foxes
Sheik - because i hate marth, good counterpick

I would consider both those guys

Tujex

Smash Ace
Shiek or Mario. Though, i ended up dumping Shiek to second and maining Mario once I started playing with him...so I guess Mario.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Captain Falcon. Seriously guys. apparently no one takes me seriously. Don't you want to have a character in your play pool that is actually fast? Counters Marth (esp on FD). He also handles all sorts of weird stages that get counter picked against falco a lot (i.e. brinstar)

Tujex

Smash Ace
It's more difficult to get CF down IMO. But once you get the timing for his knee right, he's one of the most formidable opponents in the game. I've seen CF's handle pretty much any character with ease when used right.

sigma

Smash Cadet
You should choose a mid-ish tier character for your secondary just for some variation in case u end up in a match with 21 other falcos. Thats no fun... But thats just what i think.. I vote Luigi.

lexxil

Smash Apprentice
I Pick Marth.
If youre bad in Falco dittos, pick him.
Also if you do bad against Peach, pick him.
And lol Marth Dittos rule ^^

Fallen C

Smash Journeyman
First think about who you personally dont like to play against using falco and then pick a character who has a good matchup against them.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Yeah, ok. I think Imma stick with Ganon because of wizard foot recovery which makes easy spike. Also, Dair on ground at 80-100% would be an instant KO.

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
Honestly i wuld either go with mario, marth, or C.F.
mario has a great edgeguarding game and can cover shiek, and foxs with CG ^^
marth is great with his amazing range and edgeguarding as well
C.F for serious offense, speed, and deadly combos. C.F. can take out a good marth or space animal if your can mindgame them enough

UCbizerkeley

Smash Cadet
This decision ought to be made based upon maximal sexiness, not counter efficacy.

With that in mind, Captain Falcon is the clear choice.

Seriously though, while Falco is one of the flashiest characters in the game, Falcon IS the flashiest. He's just to sexy to ignore.

MrBitter

Smash Apprentice
I don't like Fox as a secondary because of how different his jump is from Falco's.

I bounce between Jiggs, Marth, Captain Falcon and Dr. Mario when I'm not playing Falco, and they all mesh well with my playstyle...

Honestly picking a secondary should be more a matter of personal preference than anything else.

pchoo

Smash Cadet
Play Bowser. With his jump, you'll never air-dodge too fast to wave dash ever again. :)

Top Bottom