• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good stage for Samus vs. Marth?

X-PAC

Smash Cadet
My friend mains Marth, and in the smaller stages (i.e. Yoshi's Story) he seems to get the advantage on me with Marth's reach and attack speed. Can anyone suggest a good level to pick against him, and/or some effective ways to counter his nair approach?

pressthebutton

Smash Apprentice
I personally counterpick Dreamland 64 and have no problems really. Make sure to DI away from the stage when above him. To counter his nair approach, camp in your shield, wait for his nair to come out, and when his attack is over, upB out of your shield. If he spaces his nair so that your upB won't his him, wavedash out of your shield to whatever attack, or hell, you could even shieldgrab him.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
Large stages are generally the best way to go, but then again they may give the Marth an advantage as well (if they DI properly).

Stages you want to avoid are Yoshi's story, Battle Field, Corneria, and maybe Fountain of Dreams.

If you want to trump his nair approach, just keep spamming missiles, eventually one will hit them and maybe throw in a charge beam.

Ps. Marth is too gay to fight.

mach5

Smash Journeyman
i say pick mute city haha. thats the best stage for me against a marth. there up b is so high up you can easily back up and just fsmash them again. and if you want to learn how to beat a marth USE ALOT OF FTILTS. those surpass marths fsmash and his dtilt.

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
I would pick either FD because its flat but that can be both good and bad. Stages with low platforms like yoshi story, FoD and Pokemon Stadium are bad becasue he can tipper from below them with his hugely gay fsmash. That would be the only reason I would pick battlefield though. He cant tipper your feet, but that stage sucks for recovery.

Missle spam to counter the nair approach or fall on his head with sex kicks. Samus' dash attack is also really good for comboing marths. Sex kick off the stage is a good kill if he has no second jump.

X-PAC

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the advice everyone! Pokemon Stadium seems to be working out nicely for me, so long as I'm smart enough not to get on the platforms :)

one last question: I've noticed marth can cut through samus's missiles pretty easily, but do any of his attacks (besides his down-b) cancel a fully charged beam?

Watty

Smash Lord
chances are if they know what there doing they will ban dreamland against u. mute city could work depending on how comfortable u are there. Stadium is good juss watch urself on the platforms

X-PAC

Smash Cadet
and if you're smart you'd ban yoshi's story
oh yeah, trust me, i learned that lesson QUICKLY after playing just a few rounds vs. Marth there. It wasn't pretty.

As for playing on Mute City, I like the level alot (prolly stemming from me playing Jiggly so much) but one question. Since samus can either recover to the platform fully, or at least stall under the level until it stops, is it a good idea to "chase" characters you've knocked off with Samus on that level, or just wait with a charged smash for 'em?

Top Bottom