• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good stages for olimar?

alexthepony

Smash Apprentice
Could someone please tell me good stages for olimar and why? and also bad stages for him and why? and maybe discuss what is good for certain characters, thanks

Angbad

Smash Ace
NNID
Angbad
Okay I'm trying to kill some time here, so:

(A lot of this comes down to personal preference, but I'll try to share my reasonings.)

Let's assume a 5 stage strike list of FD, SV, T&C, BF, and Dreamland.

Game 1's:

:4sheik:
Personally I think ending up on Battlefield game one is ideal in this match up. On battlefield, she has an insanely difficult time killing, and doesn't have any easy way to kill you near the blast zones like she does on Smashville and Town and City occasionally. The platforms on Battlefield also help you land while also helping to nullify needle camping.

Final Destination is decent, but if you're playing against a needle-happy sheik it's hard to deal with.

I'd avoid smashville and dreamland at all costs simply because of her ability to get early kills on both stages which helps her cover her big killing weakness.

so basically tier list of stages for game 1 for me would be

1. BF
2. FD
3. T&C
4. Dreamland
5. Smashville

Counterpicking a sheik, i'd probably just want to end up on BF or Lylat. Lylat helps our projectiles while hurts hers.

:rosalina:

Alright I'll edit this post later and go through reasoning on other characters, but i'll do tier lists for the high tiers

1. FD
2. Smashville
3. BF
4. T&C
5. Dreamland

:4fox:

1. FD
2. Smashville
3. T&C
4. BF
5. Dreamland

:4luigi:

1. BF
2. FD
3. SV
4. T&C
5. Dreamland

:4metaknight:

1. BF
2. FD
3. SV
4. T&C
5. Dreamland

:4diddy:

1. FD
2. SV
3. T&C
4. BF
5. Dreamland

:4falcon:

1. FD
2. T&C
3. SV
4. BF
5. Dreamland

Counterpick to lylat/dh

:4yoshi:

Hmm...

1. BF
2. FD
3. T&C
4. Smashville
5. Dreamland

:4ness:

no idea.

:4pikachu:

1. FD
2. BF
3. Dreamland
4. T&C
5. SV

:4mario:

**** this character

1. FD
2. T&C
3. SV
4. BF
5. Dreamland

:4zss:

1. FD
2. SV
3. T&C
4. BF
5. Dreamland

Last edited:

alexthepony

Smash Apprentice

(A lot of this comes down to personal preference, but I'll try to share my reasonings.)

Game 1's:

Personally I think ending up on Battlefield game one is ideal in this match up. On battlefield, she has an insanely difficult time killing, and doesn't have any easy way to kill you near the blast zones like she does on Smashville and Town and City occasionally. The platforms on Battlefield also help you land while also helping to nullify needle camping.

Final Destination is decent, but if you're playing against a needle-happy sheik it's hard to deal with.

I'd avoid smashville and dreamland at all costs simply because of her ability to get early kills on both stages which helps her cover her big killing weakness.

1. BF
2. FD
3. T&C
4. Dreamland
5. Smashville

Counterpicking a sheik, i'd probably just want to end up on BF or Lylat. Lylat helps our projectiles while hurts hers.

Alright I'll edit this post later and go through reasoning on other characters, but i'll do tier lists for the high tiers

1. FD
2. Smashville
3. BF
4. T&C
5. Dreamland

1. FD
2. Smashville
3. T&C
4. BF
5. Dreamland

1. BF
2. FD
3. SV
4. T&C
5. Dreamland

1. BF
2. FD
3. SV
4. T&C
5. Dreamland

1. FD
2. SV
3. T&C
4. BF
5. Dreamland

1. FD
2. T&C
3. SV
4. BF
5. Dreamland

Counterpick to lylat/dh

Hmm...

1. BF
2. FD
3. T&C
4. Smashville
5. Dreamland

no idea.

1. FD
2. SV
3. T&C
4. BF
5. Dreamland

**** this character

1. FD
2. T&C
3. SV
4. BF
5. Dreamland

1. FD
2. SV
3. T&C
4. BF
5. Dreamland
tks for the help, also yeah if you can put the reason that would help

alexthepony

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone think it's worth finishing
You have already done such an amazing job doing this to be nice to me, so you can just stop and I will be happy, but if you want to your welcome to add reasons on why, and that would be apperciated

-The Gucci Fairy-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Risingthunder55

Game 1's:

1. BF
2. FD
3. T&C
4. Dreamland
5. Smashville

1. FD
2. Smashville
3. BF
4. T&C
5. Dreamland

1. FD
2. Smashville
3. T&C
4. BF
5. Dreamland

1. BF
2. FD
3. SV
4. T&C
5. Dreamland

1. BF
2. FD
3. SV
4. T&C
5. Dreamland

1. FD
2. SV
3. T&C
4. BF
5. Dreamland

1. FD
2. T&C
3. SV
4. BF
5. Dreamland

Counterpick to lylat/dh

Hmm...

1. BF
2. FD
3. T&C
4. Smashville
5. Dreamland

no idea.

1. FD
2. SV
3. T&C
4. BF
5. Dreamland

**** this character

1. FD
2. T&C
3. SV
4. BF
5. Dreamland

1. FD
2. SV
3. T&C
4. BF
5. Dreamland
Duck hunt vs yoshi works well for me

StripedNinja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
StripedNinja
I always feel comfortable on FD personally. It's the easiest stage I feel to regain stage control and hold it for Olimar. Doesn't ask a lot of you.
For counterpicking I find it fun to go to Lylat because everyone hates it, but since Olimar's projectile travels in an arc and since his F-Smash moves along the shape of the slanted ground I think he does really well here. Also his good recovery makes so the ledge tilty thing really isn't a threat to him but will sometimes make your opponent feel more tentative about edgegaurding you.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Against Rosalina, don't bring her to T&C. The low upper blastzones allow for early Uair/U-smash kills.

BF/Dreamland is actually a decent counterpick. The reason Rosalina does well there is because if she camps under a platform covers so many aggressive options, but Olimar forces approaches so that's nullified. You also get platforms for landing.

FD is a great Olimar stage, as usual (and also probably Rosalina's worst stage). Just remember that landing will be very tough against her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom