• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Google Chrome

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
Yoooo!! this browser is amazing man. I started using it just now and it makes everything faster than firefox. It even gives you an instructional video on how the program works. And is also easy to use. It even gives you Wii like channel for a new tab instead of a home page. You can just have all the book mark on a web page. It also keep track of your history, just like any other. THe only disapointing is that it lack of security, meaning parent control...not to mention that it uses almost 30,000 of
memory usage...and not sure how many pops up...I have like 3 O.o but still, is a safe program to use.

http://www.google.com/chrome

Discuss :p

CodeBlue

Smash Apprentice
Well, if you listen to the privacy alarmist blogs without checking it out, you'd think it couldn't be disabled. All you have to do is go into Options > Under the Hood > then uncheck the option that says 'Use a suggestion service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar' and you're done.

Back to the main topic: while Chrome's a lot faster than Firefox and IE8, the lack of extension support is a total deal breaker for me. Until they get around to supporting Adblock Plus, I'll be sticking with Firefox.

Jocko

Smash Rookie
Until Chrome has some firefox-like plugins (TextToLink), it's nigh useless in my book. Keeping every tab a a separate process is nice, but firefox rarely crashes on me anyways

Top Bottom