• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goop's AZ Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Trenton can you bring a TV and a GC? MM's are cool as long as the person has seen you play before. Taking advantage of people at a lower skill level then you is no bueno :(.
heh...yeah well i suck at smash so it would be you who is taking advantage of me.

no MM light? sean has been talking you up quite a bit it seems like you are the favorite to win between us two.

omar? **** it's been too long since i have played that gay shiek of his. good stuff.

yay for trent playing.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Sorry B-Will and rest of smash players, uhhhhhh, I can't make it to this one, or any for a while maybe. The smashfests here are HUGE, THEY STARTED YESTERDAY, and there about 10 new players to the ones we already have. I may be gone for a while but if we do make it up there, it would be awesome, I met a Pikachu user as his main, (WHO OWNED MR J, AND TOOK #3 IN A SET OF 5, in 3 games AND 4 STOCKED HIM TWICE LOL) Also met, a Marth, 2 Fox's, and even a Roy lol, but they show lots of promise.

SO sorry again B-Will and rest of group, but SV has many, many smashers, Now we have about 25, and all of them are pretty good. It's gonna be fun.

B-Will, SV has an updated ranking change, so if you could change it in ur thread, it would be appreciated greatfully. thx

forward

Smash Champion
You deserve it. You're passing up an opportunity to play people who are better than you so you can play people who are worse... Ya, that's a good call >.>

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
You deserve it. You're passing up an opportunity to play people who are better than you so you can play people who are worse... Ya, that's a good call >.>
Quoted for truth.

You have already proven yourself to be #1 in Sierra Vista...how much better do you think you will get by continuing to play against guys like Mr. J? You really should get some outside experience; there will be some top competition at this tourney. You won't get a chance to play at a tourney with this good of competition and this close to SV for a while. You might want to go when you have the chance.

EDIT: Which is exactly why I am going. Forward, BloodoftheFallen, Dark, and Light are all good players who I hardly get to play against.

DOUBLE EDIT: Yeah...give him some slack. He really has absolutely no way of getting anywhere. Mr. J is too scared to drive anywhere anymore for smash. I'm lucky to have found a ride to this tourney and back to Tucson.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I'm not passing up anything. I see what ur saying but what do you want me to do? I can't just stop runnin the fests cuz then nobody in SV would play. I would give an arm and a leg to go up there to play with you guys, but there is no reliable transportation for me. My car's crap, and Mr. J's afraid to go up there now, and nobody else in SV seems to care as much. You guys won't come down at all. WHAT CAN I DO? If YOU OR anyone has an answer for me to get up there then help me out instead of flamin me with comments on not playing better people.

I've told B-Will countless times what I'd do, to play up their, but I can't due to the ****ty restrictions we have here. I don't know what to do, and nobody's doing a good job of helping me either, they are however doing a good job, of making it worse.

I don't have the luxury that you have Forward, I don't have many competitors that LOVE to play and get better. I don't live in an area where elite players are. My car can't make it anywhere, and nobody likes goin anywhere far here. And your #1 but you have good close competition, what do I have (Mr. J) So c'mon now

Even tho, I would love to play vs tougher competition and such and I WILL FIND A WAY I still want to help the other SV players that aren't too hot, get better. The more I can help, the better for all of AZ hopefully.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
heh well there you go. i always forget the bus is a reliable option. if you really want to play outisde competition, i suggest you look into a bus schedule as soon as you read this and try to take the greyhound to this tourney. again, you won't have many more chances like this one.

and oh yeah, trent is another good player that i hardly get to play ever which is why i am going to phoenix. he's too fun to play against.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I didn't know buses took SV to Tucson and if it did, how close to the location would I be? I'm not the biggest fan of walking but I guess I would if I had to. Also when the bus come back to SV, since I would need a time to be back in SV as well cuz I don think the buses run too late do they? How much does it cost too?

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't know buses took SV to Tucson and if it did, how close to the location would I be? I'm not the biggest fan of walking but I guess I would if I had to. Also when the bus come back to SV, since I would need a time to be back in SV as well cuz I don think the buses run too late do they? How much does it cost too?
first of all, you would need a bus from SV to Tempe, not Tucson. second, i'm sure we can all find you a ride from the bus station to the location of the tournament; we aren't going to make you walk. as far as the other questions go i wouldn't know but i'm sure you can easliy look that information up right now.

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
i can see were vector is coming from, maybe he's more interested in making the smash community in his town grow, rather than him being the only one growing. which is something admirable

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I don't know anything about buses, and I know very little about Tucson, I've been in Sv practically my whole life. Ok, so say I did take a bus, that still leaves me with problems of the bus times, of when and where it takes me. And I don't know how much it cost yet either. Where'd I look it up at? (lol)

EDIT: Oakie, I guess you could say that. I want to grow and get better but I also want my community to grow and get better. I want to bring them with me, not leave them behind.

forward

Smash Champion
www.greyhound.com

Take a look, just find rides from Sierra Vista to Phoenix, and ask people to pick you up. That's what Omar is doing.

Sierra Vista is only an hour, maybe hour and a half, south of Tucson. Is your car really that bad it can't drive 70 miles for an hour or so?

Why do you need to hosts smash fests in the first place? If nobody cares that much about smash in SV, I doubt they will care if there are no smash fests.

And tell me who do I live by that LOVES to play as you put it?

You want us to go to SV? Throw a tournament where we can make our money back that we spend on gas to get there. We're not gonna drive 3 hours just for a smash fest. It's not that we don't wanna help, it's just that there is nothing in it for us, we are only losing money to go there. If we can at least break even, we would be happy to help.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
thx for link forward

my car is piece of crap 1984 Chevy Cavalier with messed up gas exhaust. Engine bad, tires worn and oil hasn't been changed in about a year. lol

I host the smashfests to help my community grow. Many players here like smashfests, but don't intend to be competetive with it. They only like it to ........ play. But I'm trying to get more of them to be competetive and to have fun. Also, I like playing others, and help others get better. I used to only care for myself in skill but then I realized that it's nice to help out others since you, BS, DaShizWiz, and many Falco's have helped my game out so much

Ok, maybe not love the game, but have the same discipline to push themselves to their limits to improve their game. It seems your area is always trying to improve themselves while only here, when others improve, I've improved as well so it gets me nowhere.

Forward, I offered a while back, that I would pay all gas money and that I would MM anybody since you guys could win ur money back that way. I'm a person of my word, I can do it, but nobody confirmed of it so I didn't think that even that worked. I just needed to know how many people would be comin or if you guys were gonna carpool so I could pay you guys. That's all. I'm still up for doin it too. Money is the LEAST OF MY WORRIES RIGHT NOW but I don't wanna spend it on car junk and such. I'm saving some for future references for me and my family that may need it and I donate to MANY CHARITIES such as Feed the Children and stop Animal Cruelty and such and of course churches My job is awesome so I can back it up. You guys are at LEAST GUARANTEED THE MONEY YOU SPENT TO GET HERE AND possibly more for the MM, and just out of Free Will from me, since you guys came. It's up to you tho, I will see if I can make it though, and if I can't I will pay ALL STUFF SO YOU AND GROUP CAN PLAY HERE. if you want.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
lol thats what i think too.
but yeah vector try coming to this tourney just once so u can get good practice overall and for the Big AZ tourney that forward is hosting in jan. if u are going to that too.
some very good players, the best in AZ are showing up to Goops tourney.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I know, it's great and I'm glad that great players like Forward, Taj, and many of the great players are going. I just wish that ................. well alot of ****, but mainly I had a solid way of transportation. I would be there but ................ I'm gonna talk to SV and see what we can do. I'm sick of waiting and stuff. I don't want to be restricted, to an area but rather open to all areas. I'll see what I can pull off, if anything

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
heh...sorry about that. sizzle is too good how can i forget that?

anyways, i know you said there are no more spots open. but...a person who is willing to be gracious enough to drive me to the tourney wants to participate in it. i'd like for him to be able to get in since it would bring another tucson player to this tourney and i want him to get some experience.

if so, put him down as rudeboyokuma. like i would feel bad if he drove me down for me to participate but he couldn't himself.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
eh...i wouldn't want you to give up your spot on account of him. it would be nice for him to play, and he does want to play...but he was rather nonchalant when i asked him to participate in the tourney. he wants to play, but it's not going to kill him if there are no open spots for him.

i appreciated the offer, trent, but let's see what goop has to say and from there we'll decide.

now it is trent or treant? i've seen it spelled both ways...

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
hey goop, im on there twice...so there is a spot open. my friend tyler called you and said he was bringing his friend Abel (not Able, haha). Guess he didn't know i was already signed up. so you can go ahead and edit that.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good deal...thanks Goop.

Any word as to whether or not we can get some matches recorded at this tourney? Anyone have the proper equipment to do so because that would be sweet.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
one of the tvs uses a VCR as the AV hookup so at least the finals or some other random matches can be recorded onto VHS. You bring the tape and that would be alright. Also I still need some cubes and TV's any more people to volunteer?

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got the technical gear yur lookin fer! I''ll bring 1 TV w/ VCR for recording, and my Wii for playing. I still have my gamecube (currently collecting dust due to it being obsolete) that can be brought as well if we have a TV w/o one.

Note that I will only be around for singles. I gotta head out early at like 5 ish, and I gotta bring my stuff with me.... Actually I take that back. Manny, if you say prettty pretty please, I might be able to leave my stuff at your place for doubles. I'm definately taking my Wii with me though. :)

Goop

Smash Journeyman
lol Dan you tryin to talk like Larry the Cable Guy? Yeah Chuk and you can bring your GC's (along with your Wii as well Dan) that way when you leave we will still have 6 playable systems. I get your stuff back to you very soon after the tourney.

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
I will be there as well, sporting my oh so crappy Ness. Sizzle, pm me so we can discuss the tourney.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Since I can't be here, don't forget to let me know what place I get.
Only Wobbles is so good he can place without even being there. Dang, if I had a quarter for every game he 4 stocked me when he couldn't even make it...

That's telekenesis, Kyle...
:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom