• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Whoever did the testing for air release -> fair/bair, is the fair a sweetspot fair?

If so, we have a nice mixup against MKs that know how to SDI the DACUS after air release :D

I also noticed that some of the time I inputted the boost grab a certain way, I got a dash grab range similar to Ness' (maybe less, but still), which is needless to say kinda cool.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
You can also dash attack out of grab release, it catches those who are DIing to the side to avoid the tipper killing them. Pretty much only works on the ledge, and it's usually not a better option than DACUS, but at the heat of the moment, dash attack is a lot easier to pull off than a dacus, and a whiffed DACUS can get you killed.

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
It's not a bad idea since it forces the MK off stage/toward the ledge farther than a normal throw after medium percents.

-Cross-

Smash Ace
Whoever did the testing for air release -> fair/bair, is the fair a sweetspot fair?

If so, we have a nice mixup against MKs that know how to SDI the DACUS after air release :D

I also noticed that some of the time I inputted the boost grab a certain way, I got a dash grab range similar to Ness' (maybe less, but still), which is needless to say kinda cool.
the stronger mixup imo is delaying the DACUS input slightly so you get both hits. I'm assuming that SDI DACUS inputs are the horizontal directions, so the horizontal knockback of the second hit of usmash would screw that up. Btw what do you mean by sweetspot fair? More % or different knockback? If you tell me, I could tell you if it is a sweetspot fair or not.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
That's upsetting to know since all of Falco's and Fox's lasers refresh one per hit as well as every hit of Marth's silly side b.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
That's because they hit B for every laser/slash.
Sheik throws all of those Needles from 1 B.
Now Sheik can use rapid jabs to refresh her moves. Simply press A rapidly during the attack.

Judo777

Smash Master
That's because they hit B for every laser/slash.
Sheik throws all of those Needles from 1 B.
Now Sheik can use rapid jabs to refresh her moves. Simply press A rapidly during the attack.
wait what!? are you sure about that? I thought 1 flurry was 1 moves.

saviorslegacy

You hit A rapidly instead of holding A.
I heard it on the boards a long time ago. Tristan would probably know more about it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you hold A, it counts the entire rapid jab as one attack. If you rapidly press A, it counts each iteration of the rapid jab as an attack because each one is a "new attack" that was triggered by pressing A in a certain timing window.

Judo777

Smash Master
If you hold A, it counts the entire rapid jab as one attack. If you rapidly press A, it counts each iteration of the rapid jab as an attack because each one is a "new attack" that was triggered by pressing A in a certain timing window.
you sure? because i tested this like a week ago and i concluded that it all only counts as 1 move.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
you sure? because i tested this like a week ago and i concluded that it all only counts as 1 move.
I dunno, I was told this by Thinkaman back in the summer of 2008 but never had the tools to verify it, so whatever.

Judo777

Smash Master
I dunno, I was told this by Thinkaman back in the summer of 2008 but never had the tools to verify it, so whatever.
I mean i just tested by using dsmash 9 times in a row then jab flurring someone like 15 times then doing it again. It didn't seem to refresh, I was tapping not holding A

saviorslegacy

um how do you jump so low after the footstool in the saltus combo?
How do you jump so low? Like jump to them so low or off of them so low?
#1 It takes timing and practice.
#2 Just barely hit the jump button.
I will say this much though. Saltus looks way more useful than it is. For 1 Di can mess you up so bad. Another thing that makes it less useful than it looks is jump height after you jump off of them.
Now I will say this, it is easyish to footstoll ROB and you don't go very high. So if you are going to try and use the Saltus combo only do it against ROB.
It is freakin hard to do though. I discovered it and I have only done it in a match successfully once.... only once. I think the only reason why I done it was Jesus was smiling upon me.
I mean i just tested by using dsmash 9 times in a row then jab flurring someone like 15 times then doing it again. It didn't seem to refresh, I was tapping not holding A
I tested using f-tilt. I staled my f-tilt out and then done the rapid jab thing for a while. My f-tilt was still stale.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I would've said the reason as to why it doesn't stale, but people got the opportunity to use SCIENCE! to figure it out. And most people know how much I love SCIENCE!.

I'll say it anyways. When one looks at the data in PSA/OSA, the data for Marth sideB, for instance, is actually labeled separately, indicating that even though it's one in the same attack, it's still a unique hitbox creation for each, which they kinda have to do in order for the player to mix different sideB movements. Falco's laser is still generating a new article each time he shoots, which gives hitbox information for each new article produced. Now for multi-jabs, they're labeled collectively as jab100 only, which is something that spawns a hitbox in a loop. Similar, but different. Input shouldn't matter.

Judo777

Smash Master
Hey ED and <3. I am debating with Ravyn in the pit boards on the MU project. What do you think the MU is on a 9 point scale? 0 +-1 +-2 +-3 +-4?

Where 1 is slight adv, 2 is solid adv, 3 is large adv, 4 is almost unwinnable. I only address you guys cause he says hes played you.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
If I remember correctly I did very well against him.

I think it's pretty even. just have to space well. pit combos pretty well needles are a decent. Get the lead force the approach.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Hey ED and <3. I am debating with Ravyn in the pit boards on the MU project. What do you think the MU is on a 9 point scale? 0 +-1 +-2 +-3 +-4?

Where 1 is slight adv, 2 is solid adv, 3 is large adv, 4 is almost unwinnable. I only address you guys cause he says hes played you.
I agree, it's pretty much even. Only thing he can do to us is me may gimp us with arrows if he can aim.

He can't really camp us but he can string together nice damage at low %s.

Killing him can be lame but he has the same problem since bair is so telegraphed.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
for the record every aerial we have goes through arrows. you can fair arrows pretty easy. it's rare that a situation will come up where that fair will put you in a worst spot than getting hit...

arrows don't gimp sheik. needles kill pit's recovery though.

Thibault

Smash Apprentice
long story short i was upair juggling a snake on bf, i landed on the top platform, started charging upsmash waiting for the airdodge and i suddenly got hit by part of his dair, then suddenly he died off the top O: soo does getting hit trigger her upsmash because i did not release it and it hit. Also are there any good chain uses? the only one i see so far is when falcos on the ledge or when hes trying to recover :D

-Cross-

Smash Ace
You most likely traded hits, and even if you think you were still charging, you probably either 1) let go for a brief second 2) u-smash released because it was fully charged.

There are a ton of situational uses for chain, I am not one of the people that knows though. Someone else can answer that... hopefully

Judo777

Smash Master
Ok guys this is ridiculous. I just realized brawl has been out for 3 years and we STILL don't have complete frame data for the boards. More importantly sheik's frame data isn't complete. This bothers me. We need frame data for ALL of our attacks, start up - frames out - end lag - shield stun - frame adv - etc for ALL of sheiks moves. I still don't think we have ever gotten frame data for vanish or chain completely. We need to fix this. I would but I don't have frame hacks.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
Psh frame data isn't even that usefull.

Jab is fast
Ftilt is fast but snakes is faster
FSmash is bad
D-smash is fast
Utilt is the same speed as snakes ftilt
Dtilt is around the same speed as ftilt
Usmash is slow
Dash attack is fast
Grab is medium speed for a grab
Nair is fast but most other sex kicks are faster
Bair is fast
Fair is fast
Uair is fast
Dair is slow

Needles are fast
Chain is slow
Vanish is slow
Transform is a horrible move and under no circumstance should be used

As long as every attack hits... cooldowns dont matter

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol.

Jab is 2 frames - only slower than ZSS and Squirtle
Ftilt, Utilt, Dtilt are all equally fast, and all exactly 1 frame slower than Snake's ftilt
Dsmash is 1 frame faster than all of Sheik's tilts
Sheik's nair is frame 3, which ties things like Peach's and Luigi's nair
Sheik's bair and uair are 1 frame slower than that

Top Bottom