• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question? We've got answers! Check out the OP for FAQs!

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Ok I know gordo go through it, but you know it is not 100% guaranteed (gettin gordo). Side smash is too slow. I havent tried downsmash yet. Backair can only break the nado if it hits above or if it hits kind of like the last part of the hitbox. Pivot grab can work but its hard to do it on the nado :/. Side tilt can only break it on the very beginning of the nado. Utilt is the only move that works fine but not always you can hit it, sometimes it just stops tornado. Im just thinkin if there´s a way to deal with the tornado that makes Mk not use the tornado so much often, but whatever. This matchup is silly >.< I guess the best you can do here its just Down throw - read - downthrow/backthrow and so, and just be unpredictable :/

Ok ok What about marth?

Lovecraft

Smash Apprentice
Marth can be chain grabbed obviously, but he has the tools to get out of it in a pinch if you mess up on your timing. One common mistake is to keep going for the grab and get punished by a fair or nair. Side tilt/Waddle toss to space, don't let him get in on you. He is gimpable with WoP and his horizontal recovery distance isn't amazing if he is below the stage. I could be wrong but I believe we are one of Marth's worst matchups.

On the topic of tornado, Seibrik made a complete list of what goes through tornado in the ol Meta Knight Matchup thread:

Suck from the top
You can pivot grab it
You can grab it when it first starts
All of your smashes will
Gordo will
F-tilt will cancel it when it first starts
Utilt will flat out beat it unless they space it
D-tilt will beat it
Fair from the top will
Dairing from the top onto the middle of it
Bair from the top will
JET HAMMER BEATS THE TORNADO
Nair from the top onto the middle will
Hope this helped.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
I find dair very hard to space in order to beat Mach Tornado... I often hit the hitboxes and end up clanking then getting hit. Bair works fine though, as does Inhale. I'll try nair as well.
I wish bair worked from the side ;~;
Utilt works decently... it's more reliable than our other attacks but still hard to hit with. I like dtilt as well but spacing is tight.

The Marth matchup... I'm not that good at it, but I'd recommend just to try and keep it simple with ftilt to disrupt spacing, bair as an anti-air and grabs to punish. Chaingrabs give us strong stage positioning advantage and damage, so not messing them up is important (Marth is poor on the ledge). If he doesn't mess up his DI though, he's not that easy to gimp... he's pretty hard to bair if he recovers really low.
King Dedede is likely one of Marths worst matchups, along with Meta Knight and Diddy Kong.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
You can't actually SDI out of it, you just have to DI it. Also if they suck you in at the right part of the tornado and keep you there while moving, you will often times not be able to escape.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
I saw a video of atomsk do a up smash in the middle of a chain grab to get a kill. does anybody know how to do it exactly? is it just frame perfect buffering or something?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
**** NADO.

It is just so retardedly frustrating to deal with. Especially if the MK knows how to AC it.

I think I'm going to just go Sheik against MK. At least it's not just one move that beats me. :/

It's also pretty hard to beat Nado when it's being abused properly with UAir with you in the air, out of jumps, on Smashville.

Kite0692

Smash Journeyman
Marth is not so hard to gimp. Bair > every single thing he has to recover. Just go for the bair, once they get gimped several times they tempt to vary the Up-b using it earlier.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
They're stored in the folder private/wii/app/rsbe/rp on the SD card.

If it was the most recent one you saved, it'll be the one with the most recent "date created".

Forever Forgotten

Smash Rookie
For some reason, when chainbrabbing DK, he keeps escaping from my grab range. I can do a walking chaingrab, and an infinite against a wall, but a standing chaingrab is what I'm having trouble with. It might be the timing, but I doubt it because I can shieldgrab>D-Throw without the shielding or grabbing animation, normally. Why is that? Is there any help you could offer?

ZTD | TECHnology

You have to pummel at least once every 5 grabs when you standing infinite or Down throw gets too stales and sends them on a trajectory that frankly..makes no sense..but prevents a regrab.

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Forever Forgotten... by any chance are you naming yourself after a certain Zelda fanfic/rp I may have helped with in its early days, or is it just an odd coincidence.

Also you're just not buffering it. To buffer a grab you have to have released the grab button before the previous move ends, or you just shield instead.

Forever Forgotten

Smash Rookie
Actually, I think Vayseth said that DK's infinite CG ha something to do with the timing of the re-grab in relation to the end of the throw, but that might not be true. Thanks for the help anyway.

Oh, and I didn't even realize "Forever Forgotten" was the name of something else, so my name being that is purely a coincidence.

BadKarma

Smash Journeyman
When I'm fighting against marth I do very well but when I get sent off the ledge I take a lot of damage =\. Is there any good methods of getting back on the stage when fighting marth?

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
If you suicide it's easy!

Seriously, getting back onstage against Marth is REALLY hard. There's no best way to do it.

allshort17

Smash Ace
Why don't I see people trying the wall Dthrow infinite on the unchainable 12? It seems solid to me if you set it up right but just tell me the flaws in it.

Edit: I mean doing a Dthrow off the wall into a jab lock.

ZTD | TECHnology

Its not worth it.

Also does anyone have any other questions, or need anything critiqued? I'll be doing work here the next few days so I'll be on here a lot...not like Im not already though lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Well from normal means you cant. The opponent will be able to react before you ever reach them from a down-throw and then Jab is frame 12. You have to hit them as they flop on the ground to cause any sort of forced wake up animation. Off a wall doesn't work because if they bounce off the wall and you jab them, they just go into hit stun and they land normally. We dont have any real way of setting this up as far as I know.

Top Bottom