• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GOTM's Tournament II - Zenith Practice! - May 21st, 2011

GOTM

Smash Champion
GOTM's Tournament II

Come on back down to the boondocks. The tournament that brought saw Tag re-enter the scene and **** singles...the tournament that....okay well that was about it, but it was really fun, mad people came, we had a great time, and I paid out everything because the venue is free. That's right, $20 to enter singles AND doubles, no venue, no money out of the pot, all to the players.

Also, train for Zenith! Zenith is the weekend after, and since this is a local tourney for Atl. North, and Zenith is also in Atl. North, it's not like your going out of your way to go to both, there both close.

Plus, I've been out of the loop for a while so you get to see me again :)

Date

Saturday
May 21st, 2011

Venue

Cape May County Library
2050 Route 631
Petersburg, NJ 08270

Any of you who were at the last one know what the venue is like. It's not small, not huge. Perfect for a tournament, plenty of tables/chairs, and we can stay as late as we want, plus..FREE VENUE!

Made a little map with places to eat, etc. below:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?sour...899952907763519423.00047180e649f350b872f&z=13

My Contact Info

Phone : 609-226-7669
AIM : gotmssbm

Contact me if your running late, etc. If you don't I'm starting everything as scheduled and might not even be able to squeeze you in, and even if I do, your getting a ****ty bracket, and I could care less.

More Location Information

It's like 10 minutes outside of Ocean City, that should give everyone a good idea. It's also like a little over an hour from Philly and about the same from Central Jersey no matter where you coming from (maybe 1.5 hours). No johns from north Jersey or NY it still ain't that far compared to some others.

Venue Information

• Conference Room at my local library.
  • Last time we had around 40 people comfortably, and could have had plenty more.
  • Comes with 36 chairs, some tables, and outlets.
  • Room has its own bathroom, and mini kitchen? lol
  • Not connected directly to the library so don't have to be quiet.
  • We can stay until whenever we want, but I'd like to try and bounce by like 10pm so we don't have to clean up late.
  • Huge parking lot.
  • Wawa and other small food places 5 minutes away.
  • We control the temperature of the room ;)
  • Second recurring tournament, and they love me there :)
  • IT'S FREE!

Extra Venue Information

It is still a library. They are going to advertise it a little to the kids and stuff that come in. Refrain from like excessive cursing and stuff, you know what I mean. It can be fun without being ridiculous. We don't have to be too quiet but theres no point in being ridiculously crazy either. This place is really convenient, and once again, FREE!

Entry Information

Doubles - $10/person, $20/team
Singles - $10/person

Payout

I'll pay out more than top 3 if we get enough people. I don't want to make any promises yet though. This all depends on how many people show up the day of. Same goes for teams.

Schedule

Alright guys, we have this venue from like 10:30am - 10pm. I want to try and get through everything as fast as possible and if everything is done by like 9, I want people to try and leave so we make another good impression. Here's the schedule:

10:30am - 12pm : Friendlies and Doubles Registration
12pm - 3pm : Doubles Tournament
3pm - 7pm : Singles Tournament
7pm - 10pm : Draft Crews (time permitting)

Towards the end of doubles or whenever you have time, feel free to sign up for singles so we don't have to set aside time just for people to pay for singles, that would be a waste. If we're going to do draft crews, once again we'll start setting this up during the end of singles.

Setups

Guys, I'm bringing a TV and a Wii. WE NEED FULL SETUPS! If you can bring a TV bring it. I want to have like 10 setups at this thing, at least. Bring everything you can, no matter what. Surge protectors, TV's, cubes/wii's, copies of smash, everything. Please.

TV's
1. Pakman (x1)
2. Cactuar (x1)
3. Eggm (x2)

Total : 4

Total is 3 before it's even being announced, lol. PLEASE POST IF YOU CAN BRING TV's. We need them!!!!

Who's Coming

Already got interest/confirmation from a lot of people including some of Philly and Jersey. How about NY? DE? MD/VA? Let's make this just as successful as the first one.

Tournament Name

I hate acronyms for tournaments, I think they are ********, so these are called GOTM's tournaments. I like it ;) This will run smooth, I guarantee it. If you were at the last one you already know.

P.S. If anyone records and just wants to transfer there vid files to me day of, I'll get them on Youtube ASAP, and I mean fast. I have a boring job so I have nothing better to do lol.

Rules

Basic rules are the same. I doubt anyone needs to hear them but if you do just ask me.

--Banning/Striking rules--
I like how it used to be, and I don't care if the game has progressed, lol. You each ban one stage (neutral or counterpick) and it can't be played for the set. That simple.

Wobbling is banned. Not even up to a certain percent, just flat out banned. You should not be allowed to press one button and do things, I'm sorry. They have other infinites that require more skill, use them instead.

Also, DK64 (I like it) is going to be neutral.

ANYMORE QUESTIONS POST HERE OR ASK ME.

GOTM

Smash Champion
even though 3 tv's is ****, i doubt whoever ends up driving you would be able to fit that many in their car. unless they are only bringing like one other person and no TV's.

try and hook up with some philly bros who might come and that drive, but you might have to get to their place first cuz your kinda out of the way from comin down the shore.

GOTM

Smash Champion
bout a month away mofos. good stuff toushi. it'll be cool to see you guys again.

lets get some more hype!! no cash find a ride, LOL dem 3 tv's would be baller status

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So I just realized that this is on the same day as KTAR5, a huge Brawl tournament I've been waiting for months...
I'm so conflicted

GOTM

Smash Champion
So I just realized that this is on the same day as KTAR5, a huge Brawl tournament I've been waiting for months...
I'm so conflicted
lameeeeeeeeeeeee

also eggm told me he could bring two tv's nice...

mark if you aint comin let me know and ill take your tv off the thread

Velocity

Smash Lord
Ok... I was already contemplating attending this. But if both you and veloc go there is no way i am not gonna try and make it to this. It's about to be a LOUD-A$$ Wrathly reunion...
****ing **** it's going to be so ****ing loud, you don't even ****ing know!

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman
****ing **** it's going to be so ****ing loud, you don't even ****ing know!
Lol - that's what i like to hear. I'll see if maybe James would be cool with me sleeping over the night before if he is still going. Cause otherwise that is a 3 hour ride each way for me in one day.

James - Your thoughts?

GOTM

Smash Champion
So it turns out the TV I wanted to bring is all fuzzy and you can't see crap on the screen, and Chibo is going to be heading to a Brawl tourney, so that decreases our total from 6 to 4 =/

People bring TV's if you can!!!

GOTM

Smash Champion
mild hype it is, lol.

however, this is startin to look STRUGGLIN.

so far we have 4 tv's. 2 from eggm, and 1 each from pakman and cactuar.

can you guys confirm your still coming/bringing tv's? otherwise, we're gonna have eggms two and only those two, and this is gonna be BRUTALLLL, lol

Top Bottom