• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab+Final smash=infinite?

darkshy

Smash Ace
Okay so I was looking at some ice climber videos on youtube and I noticed that when charcters touch the giant ice pillar they take damage. So I thought "What if you grab the opponent and hold them against the pillar as well as mash A with popo and nana? Possible infinite maybe?

ZelgadisA027123

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this would be a devastating "temporary" infinite at least... and just another reason FS won't be used in tournament play. The IC's FS is definitely my favorite, and I'm still pissed at Marth's ridiculously good one. **** me, why couldn't they just take him out? I'd prefer if he was a lockable character, personally!

darkshy

Smash Ace
But you see the possibilities with this tactic? If it is discovered to have a use let it be known I thought of it.

LucarioChris

Smash Cadet
Yeah, this would be a devastating "temporary" infinite at least... and just another reason FS won't be used in tournament play. The IC's FS is definitely my favorite, and I'm still pissed at Marth's ridiculously good one. **** me, why couldn't they just take him out? I'd prefer if he was a lockable character, personally!
You got a prob with Marth?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Good idea, but characters kinda bounce off the ice so it may be alittle hard, but it would rack really high

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Grabbing and holding a character works differently in Brawl than Melee. You can't hold someone indefinitely even while they're getting hit and taking damage. I tried this in Team Mode to test it out. I grabbed and pummeled while my team mate attacked with a multi-jab as was done in Melee. The opponent could break out. Quickly.

JusDBerube

Smash Cadet
I tried this out the other day when I got a chance to play. It didn't work. It's not a bad way to rack up some damage, but it isn't an infinate.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Are final smashes gonna be in tournaments though? It does look like an awsome final smash but whether we should be relying on it for competative games seems like a stupid thing to do. Good party trick when friends are over though =P. Good find, Darkshy. Psy.

Top Bottom