• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Formula Finished | Working on data

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I've decided to create this thread on an input-basis. If you can provide your characters pummel speed and I trust you are accurate, I'll create your % chart.

Alternatively you can use the link provided and make the charts yourself and submit them to me. Alas, I don't think anyone will be so kind to do this. :(

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Stale grab attacks may have less hitlag than fresh ones. It all depends on how much damage the pummels do. I know that at some point DK pummels have 1 less frame of hitlag. The weaker character pummels probably aren't any different stale or fresh.

If you know the relationship between damage and hitlag, then all you need is PSA to determine how long each character's pummel. I just know that at 3% damage there should be 5 frames of hitlag if the hitlag modifier is 1.

I also thought I'd point out something I forgot to mention in my first post. There is a minimum grab duration if you do not pummel. If you pummel them at 0%, then they can break out after 6 frames if they are robots. If you do not pummel them, then the earliest they can break out at 0% after 19 frames. Just for reference, you break out while mashing perfectly on the 20th frame you were grabbed at both 0% and 130%. It doesn't matter for your formula in a practical sense, but this may save you some headaches when you try to verify some of the stuff yourself and end up with confusing results.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Hitlag is very special for pummels, and you cannot use the normal hitlag formula. =\

Also are you certain on that? And if it doesn't really effect my data that's.. fine. :x lol
What are you referring to by when you say "that"?

Minimum grab duration without pummels isn't really that important to know since I'm guessing the whole point of this is to maximize the number of pummels/be aware of how fast you need to mash to break out at X%. I just brought it up since doing perfect mashing at 0% will lead to you breaking out frame 20. If you didn't know there was a minimum without pummeling, then you might remake your formula several times to try and account for that and end up failing because, you really can't explain that without a minimum grab duration.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It's probably good that T-Block beat me to it, I had a a course-related management meltdown and would have had to put it off. X_X

Jorgeme

Smash Cadet
Yeah you get -8 frames per input and up to 2 inputs are recognized per frame (1 button and 1 direction). If you press A and B at the same time, it only counts as -8. If you press A and press up on the joystick at the same time, it counts as -16. I'm not 100% sure, but I think diagonals also only counted as -8. C-stick behaves weirdly and is hard to test in frame by frame mode. I wouldn't be surprised if they subtract more time than other inputs or be used to subtract more than 16 in one frame.

This is from ref's thread

A,B,X,Y,Z,L,R,C-stick one direction, control stick another direction.

9 inputs. If diagonals count on the c-stick as well, then theorectically you could tap the c-stick back and forth betwenn one set of opposite diagonals, while tapping the control stick back and forth between the opposite set of diagonals (alternating so that you do not get a NE and SE at the same time) for a 16 frame reduction for each control stick click, an 8 frame reduction for each c-stick click, and another 8 frame reduction for each button press.

That is of course as long as these things to not happen on the same frame. But it's still quite a large reduction regardless (16+8+8+8+8+8+8+8+8=80 frame reduction per rep).
Someone is wrong :(. Is there 16 frame reduction from hitting the diagonal on the control stick or 8?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Umm just a bit of help... would help more but my wii is currently disconnected and sitting on sticky dried up cranberry juice who somebody spilled on it and never cleaned up... yuck...

Back in my thread i did do DDD's pummel if it helps...

Hits: 4
Hit lag: 5 frames.... which makes this a total of 9 frames with those two combine
End: 29

Hits on frame 4 then hit lag ends on frame 9, and then he can down throw on frame 30 after his pummel ends on 29.

Hope that helps.. a bit...

Here's a link to my old thread just incase somebody needs it =/

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209846

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It also uses Reflex as the threshold for insanity of mashing at 0.87 inputs per frame off of this moment in the video. Unless you think you can break out of grabs that fast on average, that's our high-end extreme to gather the most accurate data possible.
I've seen him break out faster than that. ;p

SuSa

Banned via Administration

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
At that high (or higher) of %?
I vaguely recall him breaking out at about the same percent (+/- 10ish) in the D3 chaingrab on Wario, but before the first pummel hit. >_>

No... that can't be possible. <_<

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
don't forget that you can't start breaking out until frame 7

Top Bottom