• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab invicibility from Grenades

heroboy

Smash Cadet
Don't know if this is old and I tried searching to see if it was known, and didn't see anything.

Just messing around, but if you throw a grenade, and grab the enemy, snake is invulnerable to the grenades blast. The enemy will get hit and fly away, but snake will perform a dodge automatically.

Also, you still have the grenade invincibility anytime during your downthrow, but not any of your other throws. I tried timing it to hit the enemy with both, the down throw and the grenade, while maintaining my invincibility, but it appears that the enemy doesn't take the damage until after your throw animation is over.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
for some weird reason, sometimes when the gernade is underneath snake and the victim being grabbed, snake gets blown out of the grab.

its not all the time where the victim gets blown out, which is very weird. i was wondering how to determine, or at least avoid getting blown urself.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Hm I thought Snake did get damaged, he just didn't flinch. Probably need to double check >.>

Formless

Smash Cadet
He still gets damaged, albeit not as much. He does a cool dodge move automatically so he doesn't flinch.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i think that "cool" dodge move is him flinching from the victim being released from his grab lol. i dunno about him being damaged though, i dont remember if that happens.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
I havent tried it, but could it be possible that the explosion of the grenade works something like a projectile, meaning that if it hits snakes opponent who he is grabbing first, that it basically can no longer hit snake since his opponent blocked the blast.

Just a little speculation.

Top Bottom