• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Release > Pivot Grab

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I'm having trouble doing this...whenever I pviot grab, I just miss :(

What about simply walking a little tiny tiny bit after ground releasing MK and then doing a normal standing grab? Bowser moves back about the same amout of space you need to walk to normal re grab MK so technically, it would be a standing infinite

I highly doubt my version works though... Edit: And I don't think it does nope :(

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
I'm having trouble doing this...whenever I pviot grab, I just miss :(

What about simply walking a little tiny tiny bit after ground releasing MK and then doing a normal standing grab? Bowser moves back about the same amout of space you need to walk to normal re grab MK so technically, it would be a standing infinite

I highly doubt my version works though...
For missing the grab, the pivot has to be an instant pivot, if it's off then the grab will miss like whats happening to you.

And nah, I don't think theres enough frames to do what you're suggesting (though I think that may work on Ness/Lucas, according to AiB chat)

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Actually, normal people react slower, however, reflexes are trainable, and about 7 frames is the fastest humanly possible. Remember, this is at the top of the metagame, so 7 frames is our benchmark.
Where does this come from? I'd like to see it. I'd have thought people could react even faster than that.

Flayl

Smash Hero
If you mash A/Z it's more likely that MK will ground release. You can't know for sure. Estimating for low %s is possible but I really doubt anyone will ever be able to know precisely enough when someone is going to break out by hearing button mashing at higher %s. Spray and pray.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
So...do you have to know when MK will break out for this to work? D:
No, you can react to Bowser's little lag on his GR.

While you're pummeling, watch Bowser and when he raises his arms you buffer the pivot.

And btw, on your small step thing, I got what you mean now (I misread it). It may be possible andwhile I see it move forward, it could be used to replace the air break part.

Of course, this is without frame specific stuff to utilize.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I've been trying this out a bit and... The window is way tighter than a dash regrab wtf. When I read the thread I thought the timing was the same.

I've been practicing on Fox in training mode and the closest thing I got was regrabbing in place instead of moving forward.

If I do the pivot grab any faster all I do is roll arrrrghggggg

MrEh

Smash Hero
Do the pivot grab with the cstick and Z. Works faster.

In any case, this is still pretty nonviable, unless someone figures out an easier way to do it. lol

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I was able to do this with more success than the dashgrab CG. Probably because it grabs them faster for some reason(it seems like it grabs them just as they are coming out similar to an ICs chaingrab or D3 infinite while the dashgrab is more like the D3 chaingrab).

It's hard, but I doubt it would take much practice before someone got this down.

It's also the sexiest looking CG I've ever seen.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
I was able to do this with more success than the dashgrab CG. Probably because it grabs them faster for some reason(it seems like it grabs them just as they are coming out similar to an ICs chaingrab or D3 infinite while the dashgrab is more like the D3 chaingrab).

It's hard, but I doubt it would take much practice before someone got this down.

It's also the sexiest looking CG I've ever seen.
Darknid I love you.

I also find it easier than dashgrab CG, though I'm not sure why.

Yes, it is very sexy.

BTW, anyone who can do this, can you make a video? I would, but I have no means of recording (yet, notu ntil mah dazzle gets here).

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Gen I love you. Have my babies. Lol jk.

But seriously, I do love you. You always find out the cool Bowser stuff :] ...School is keeping me away from Brawl [literally], so ill try it when I get home in two weeks.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I tried it on MK a bit.

This **** works, provided you have inhuman reflexes, which I don't. :/

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
What is Ground Break? Thats a new term for me.
when you grab someone and release them, and instead of being airborne, they release right in front of Bowser.

I suggest the Bowser boards stay home all day honing our reflexes to master this then proceed to go to tournaments and **** with this.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
when you grab someone and release them, and instead of being airborne, they release right in front of Bowser.

I suggest the Bowser boards stay home all day honing our reflexes to master this then proceed to go to tournaments and **** with this.
That would seriously make my day.

Then I would add bowser to my list of secondaries.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Yeah, you Bowser's better seriously do this then go to Genesis, lol.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
=D

The only sad part is I have age johns in my little book of excuses.

The only non-local tournament I MAY POSSIBLY go to is some tournament in Florida, and that's not even guaranteed..

Fac ur, middle GA

Player-3

Smash Hero
=D

The only sad part is I have age johns in my little book of excuses.

The only non-local tournament I MAY POSSIBLY go to is some tournament in Florida, and that's not even guaranteed..

Fac ur, middle GA
you cant come up to duluth for waba weeklies?

cmon bro, i used to main bowse but i changed to cf because i didnt feel like momorizing the CG things

so
you gotta do my work for me

sorry for random post i lurk here sometimes because bowser is fun

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace
No, I can't come to Duluth, though I have tried in the past; I'm only 13, and my parents refuse a 2 hour trip for me, and refuse to drive it themselves.

Liquid Gen

Smash Ace

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Can someone please send me a link to a match where Bowser abuse his GR with great results?

Flayl

Smash Hero
In the best of 11 Bowser vs Falco video I remember Vex being able to do the GR -> Fair offstage but since it's a 45 minute video I'm not going to bother looking...

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
This thing has been discovered only a couple days ago, don't be demanding.
I ment his GR -> dash regrab, not his GR -> pivot regrab.

I forgot that this thread is 'pivot-based' when I asked the question.

Demanding? w t f ? I asked very kindly. jeez

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I ment his GR -> dash regrab, not his GR -> pivot regrab.

I forgot that this thread is 'pivot-based' when I asked the question.
Oh, sorry. Misunderstanding of a misunderstanding.

Demanding? w t f ? I asked very kindly. jeez
Yea, well, since I thought you were talking about this grab which has been discovered only shortly ago, not the other GR, I found it a bit cocky to ask for match videos with "great results".

Top Bottom