• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab Release to Spike Against Thirteen Characters (Including MetaKnight AND Snake!)

Mmac

Smash Lord
I don't quite understand how I was wrong then. If his running speed is faster, than if you are alittle farter from the edge than ontop of it, you'd make it at relitivly the same time seeing as how you have to fast fall when you are farther away. =_=
You don't fast fall.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
The reason why it is easier to do it if you are a little ways away from the edge is because MK is closer to the edge when he is released... Meaning Yoshi has to run to get off the stage as opposed to just falling off. Running + MK being closer to the stage easier spike. My problem is I can't space Yoshi's grab correctly because sometimes he slides and sometimes he doesnt... >_<

Mmac

Smash Lord
>_< I forgot another thing!

If you don't want to risk the spike if you're on the edge against MetaKnight, you can just drop down and do a Rising Nair strike. It also works 100% but it varies depending on the time you use the Nair, and the timing of the Double Jump.

It can kill at around 85% with a Fresh Sweetspot Nair on FD

YoshiBomb

Smash Apprentice
I was able to do it on a Falco 2 times in one match but he probly jumped into it or something idk I may do some testing of my own today to see for myself

shurf

Smash Cadet
Wow, I just tested this. It works great! Timing isn't too hard to get down for most characters. This is excellent stuff. Very practical in matches.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I was able to do it on a Falco 2 times in one match but he probly jumped into it or something idk I may do some testing of my own today to see for myself
You can't do it on Falco. He recovers too quickly, his attacks have too much priority over your Fair, and he can airdodge without worry (Usually).

It might work with an Nair though

Gindler

Smash Champion
I noticed Ganon could fight back but he'd die...can he use his UpB? I think that'd save him.

I just wanna be sure so I don't get embarrassed when I attempt it.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Update: I tested Ganondorf, and he can't UpB you. His initial frames have too much startup, and you can easily spike him

SOVAman

Smash Hero
You can't do it on Falco. He recovers too quickly, his attacks have too much priority over your Fair, and he can airdodge without worry (Usually).

It might work with an Nair though
I think its easier to do it on falco then wolf and fox. Maybe its just me but it is easy to do it on falco.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I think its easier to do it on falco then wolf and fox. Maybe its just me but it is easy to do it on falco.
Well Falco is easy if he doesn't see it coming. It's kinda like the chaingrab, if he doesn't know he can escape it, then he can't

Mmac

Smash Lord
Bad News, Link doesn't Work ;_ ;

Though I'm testing out a few characters that might beable to...

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Wow, I think Link was put in this game specifically to counter Yoshi.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
try doing the spike after an egg lay and see if they can escape that....probably yes but there may be 1 character or something that is screwed out of an egg lay.

Sharky

Smash Master
I feel bad for ganondorfs. I was fighting one online today and was able to pull this off quite a few times. I ended up pitying him and not chaingrabbing after a while, made the fights much more interesting. =)

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
Thanks =) I always love doing this, but I didn't know about the sheik one =), also if you chain grab link or Bowser during there mid jump while near the edge, they can not recover anymore, they just stand still in the air. =) I don't know if its a glitch or not, and link just has poor recovery, you can even do the spike on him too. :)

Mmac

Smash Lord
Updated again, Falco has been proved inescapeable, and added Bowser and Lucas to the effective list

I'm also testing out Snake and Dedede too, as they might beable to also

Gindler

Smash Champion
I had a feeling link wouldn't be affected by it. I can just see a bomb exploding right when you're about to spike and he'll turn the table by footstooling or something equally useless. But yeah good thing there's only like 1 Link main in each state.

pidgey14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Redpidgey
I had a feeling link wouldn't be affected by it. I can just see a bomb exploding right when you're about to spike and he'll turn the table by footstooling or something equally useless. But yeah good thing there's only like 1 Link main in each state.
heh I have only heard of one link main on NH (oh how I miss the old BC) so far (and beaten it with Yoshi) :p

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
I apparently suck and misjudge the release when trying to jump after it and screw myself over, go me
also, Yoshi mains seem to be on the rise dunno if thats awesome or bad XD

Mmac

Smash Lord
Snake is added to the List! Details are on the Front page.

Ike is also added, if you care <_<

Sharky

Smash Master
crappers nice update Mmac! Gives me some more work to do with the guide but this is something I'll be happy to update =D

MrEh

Smash Hero
Yoshi keeps becoming more and more of a beast each day. O_O

I wish the same could be said about Bowser though. Anyway, excellent find Mmac.

Top Bottom