• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grab release to warlock punch on wario

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Go try it out I pulled it off on Malcolm's wario in NY yesterday during friendlys!

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Seriously? You did a grab release on Malcom's Wairo and it connected? Do you have any idea if this is guaranteed or not because as far as I can tell, that's just not possible... I like Grab Release to SH FAir to the dome piece.

The reason I'm specifically intrigued is because you landed it on Malcom...either he effed up or you've got something good here.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
if it is a jump grab release it is a free Fsmash, but if he doesn't jump out of the grab release then no. It is not a free hit.

Warlock punch? Sorry the Wario must not have been paying attention because the punch takes way to long.
Even on the jump grab release.

Gleam

Smash Ace
We can basically do anything to Wario in a release grab except for like Warlock Punch (The guy was lucky) and uptilt. I mean we screw Wario with our grab release on him.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
I tried everything I could to jump out of it and nothing worked. Its guaranteed to my knowledge. I mean i had other ppl try to break out with jump and airdodges and there was nothing we could do.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I tried everything I could to jump out of it and nothing worked. Its guaranteed to my knowledge. I mean i had other ppl try to break out with jump and airdodges and there was nothing we could do.
I believe there was a time that I utilt'd you out of a grab release actually!

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
What kind of grab release was it? And what was the situation? Ive tried this with a lvl 9 com wario set to run in training and I havent been able to pull it off.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
It's true I saw that and I just felt so bad for Wario.

It was worse then getting warlock punched while recovering with pkt2.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Must... see... footage... >_<
A video really won't show or prove anything in this situation. You won't be able to see exactly what the wario player is doing at the current time. The only way to truly test it is by doing it yourself, and I tested it about 10 seconds ago with the Utilt, and warlock punch, and Wario can easily get away. He could even taunt before I recovered from the punch.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I saw this thread.

A tear rolled down my cheek as I laughed at some of this ignorance.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
This is escapable, you have 20 frames to hit Wario, warlock punch is not 1/3 of a second long. Sorry but you just tricked him into getting hit

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont know whats wrong with you guys, but I know malcom well enough to know that he wouldnt lie about this.
And if he says that he didnt have anything to get out of it, than its inescapable.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I dont know whats wrong with you guys, but I know malcom well enough to know that he wouldnt lie about this.
And if he says that he didnt have anything to get out of it, than its inescapable.
Obviously he messed up.....not a big deal.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If any Wario gets hit by Warlock punch out of grab release, you should quit this game.
Don't you mean "The Wario should quit this game." ?

Cause...I mean....you could just have epically better mindgames than he does. =D

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I saw this actually, wario went mad high during the grab release, and connected PERFECTLY with warlock punch.

It was sick.

:093:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
What about grab release -> footstool -> Warlock Punch "mix-up"? If Ganon can get the footstool, the opponent might panic and roll through you into a turnaround punch or something.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
This thread is win
I didn't expect people to actually test this, as it was clearly a joke..at least..to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom