• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grabbing with a bomb (Don't get too exited yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I dont think its trolling even though we have wasted about all week trying to find out how to do this. But if it does pop up agian, make sure its recorded.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
That's not illegal at tournies. U can turn tap jump off, bstick, w/e u like. Ive come to the conclusion that this thread's OP is trolling cause Ive tried every possible way, combination of buttons, scenarios and stuff like fsmash with bomb but with grabs but cant replicate it. So either his mind deceived him or hes a troll.
Modded controllers are illegal in any tourney that means anything.

The fact you can modify your controls =/= modify your controller

I would assume it was taken as "His controller is modded to make x easier" rather then "he changed R to specials to do it easier"

I dont think its trolling even though we have wasted about all week trying to find out how to do this. But if it does pop up agian, make sure its recorded.
I also don't think he's trolling, but he may have done it for the lulz.

It better get recorded next time it happens, and I want a quality recording showing the before, during, and after. :laugh:

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Modded controllers are illegal in any tourney that means anything.

The fact you can modify your controls =/= modify your controller

I would assume it was taken as "His controller is modded to make x easier" rather then "he changed R to specials to do it easier"

Oh, I see...lulz my bad. Modded controllers o_O phail.

I also don't think he's trolling, but he may have done it for the lulz.

It better get recorded next time it happens, and I want a quality recording showing the before, during, and after. :laugh:

Vids or it didnt happen. After this thread Im not gonna pay attention to any "new discovery" threads if they dont have vids. :)
Replies in quote :O.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I was able to z-air while holding a bomb. I have no idea what I did, but I have the replay if someone wants it. Maybe it could help, but it might be completely worthless. I only started using him like two days ago, so I have no idea if this even closely relates to what you guys are trying to find. Don't flame me if I appear like a total noob LOL.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You just air dodge then Zair and the bomb doesn't drop.

No worries man. =)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Na, its fine.
Just feel free to ask for help here whenever your confused and stuff. =P

We're glad to help.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
i cant believe everyone is giving up already. We may be on the verge of something that will greatly help toonlink, but people are stopping. While trying to find out out if this is legit, we are merely repeating test. What someone tries, others will also try because they dont know its been tested, so people are giving up before really tring new ways. I know and understand that this may indeed be a glitch/ may not have really happened. However we will not know the anwser to this question at hand if we ccontinue on the path we are now. Since no two people are alike, someone may think of a new way to go about this, but that will only happen if they dont tire first drom doing already been done test. I recommend that DTL make a list of every way we tried. that way all of the previous test are noted and will keep you from wasting time redoing a test unless its of your own free will. This will also make this whole thread more organized. Before you completely lose hope really consider what i have said. If you really want to this technique to become a reality you have to be willing to do the work.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
That's not illegal at tournies. U can turn tap jump off, bstick, w/e u like. Ive come to the conclusion that this thread's OP is trolling cause Ive tried every possible way, combination of buttons, scenarios and stuff like fsmash with bomb but with grabs but cant replicate it. So either his mind deceived him or hes a troll.
Wow... You suck...
Yes, this did happen. No, I have not been able to recreate it, but I have been spending at least an hour every day attempting it. I have no proof. The closest thing I have is my friend who saw it happen, and he only lurks smashboards.

I just posted this trying to see if maybe we could figure out what happened. Accuse me of trolling again and you will enter a battle you can not win.
/threat+ offering of oppurtunity to apologize

Edit: Also, I appreciate all of your posts, but I agree with letting this die until you have an idea of have made a breakthrough
2nd Edit: Just read Toondiddy's above post. I like the list idea. If everyone would be willing to explain their proccess, I will put it in the OP
Edit:^This part was at everyone

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Well, maybe ur not trolling. But a lot of people have tried to crack this and havent been able to do so. Perhaps u saw like u grabbed him with the bomb but u dropped the bomb or something on the ground and thought u had it in ur hands...it is a possibility, that;s why I said in my post that ur mind couldve deceived u. I wasnt trying to offend, insult u or anything with that commentary saying that ur crazy or something. So sorry for that. :)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
A list of everything that has been tried and failed would make all the difference to this thread. I can't remember everything I tested, but I'll start the list with what I can remember off the top of my head. Then DTL can add it to the OP and everyone else can chip in.

Things I tried (off the top of my head and in no particular order, I'll come back later with a longer list)

Canceling the zair into a grab
Dash canceling into a grab (picking up the bomb with the dash)
Dash canceling into an Usmash then grab
Pulling out a bomb instantly holding grab and trying to grab with A and the C-stick
Pulling out a bomb instantly holding A and trying to grab
Trying to sheild grab with A and C-stick

It's not much but it's a start, I also didn't want to add anything I'm not sure i did, just incase I didn't test it.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
what i've tried:

grab next to a bomb on the floor
running grab next to a bomb on the floor
sidestep then grab with bomb in hand (like airdodge zair)
grab immeadiatly after an auto cancelled zair
throwing a bomb up and catching it with grab

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
**** you, FF...
I'll upload a vid of the best I got so far. It's nothing special, but it's kinda cool.
SH BP BD GR US
Short hop-Bomb pull-Bomb drop-Grab release-Up smash

It's borderline impossible, but, if done correctly, kills Metaknight if you grab him at about 110...

Hyro

Smash Lord
**** you, FF...
I'll upload a vid of the best I got so far. It's nothing special, but it's kinda cool.
SH BP BD GR US
Short hop-Bomb pull-Bomb drop-Grab release-Up smash

It's borderline impossible, but, if done correctly, kills Metaknight if you grab him at about 110...
Lolwut. That means if you get a bomb next to you and grab release an MK he's dead no matter if he jump breaks or...ground breaks. Right?

Santi

Smash Lord
Idk If you've already answered this... but was TL facing the left?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Lolwut. That means if you get a bomb next to you and grab release an MK he's dead no matter if he jump breaks or...ground breaks. Right?
It's a different kind of break. The bomb blows up and you both take damage. It's kinda like a jump break, I think. I believe it is more so the knockback of the bomb than a break though.

Also, I was facing right. I have no idea why that would matter...

Santi

Smash Lord
Well you could of (not saying you did) bomb dropped with Z when you tried to zair. And if you airdodged later after you pushed Z and then pushed A (cause you wanted to throw the bomb when you landed) you would of grabbed the bomb with air dodge and when you pushed A... if you were not on the ground yet, you would od I dropped the bomb on the ground and then you could of grabbed and it might of looked like you were grabbing while holding a bomb.

SOrry if thats confusing. :)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
It's a different kind of break. The bomb blows up and you both take damage. It's kinda like a jump break, I think. I believe it is more so the knockback of the bomb than a break though.
DTL, Let me just set the 'bomb break' straight. After talking to Havokk about it earlier in this thread, I've come to completely understand how this works. Just incase anyone else doesn't know, I'll tell you. If you get a bomb to explode on both you and the person you are holding, the person with the highest player port will recieve damage but no knock back. Example, you are player 3 and a meta knight is player 2, If you do the 'bomb break' you will get a free shot. But if you are player 2 and your opponent is player 3 then he will get the free shot. Do you get it? So if you want this to work, then you've got to choose a higher player port.

What you are doing is testing this in training mode, against a Meta knight. In training mode you are always Player 1. Doing the Bomb break in traing mode is different to a normal brawl. If you do it in training mode, even though you have a lower player port (Player 1) The bomb break for some reason, will work on Player 2. This is not normal and will not work outside of training mode.

I hope you all understand now how the bomb break works.

hdrevolution123

Smash Ace
DTL, Let me just set the 'bomb break' straight. After talking to Havokk about it earlier in this thread, I've come to completely understand how this works. Just incase anyone else doesn't know, I'll tell you. If you get a bomb to explode on both you and the person you are holding, the person with the highest player port will recieve damage but no knock back. Example, you are player 3 and a meta knight is player 2, If you do the 'bomb break' you will get a free shot. But if you are player 2 and your opponent is player 3 then he will get the free shot. Do you get it? So if you want this to work, then you've got to choose a higher player port.

What you are doing is testing this in training mode, against a Meta knight. In training mode you are always Player 1. Doing the Bomb break in traing mode is different to a normal brawl. If you do it in training mode, even though you have a lower player port (Player 1) The bomb break for some reason, will work on Player 2. This is not normal and will not work outside of training mode.

I think you may be on to something there. I'll test it out, in a hope that it might work as you predicted that it might.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master

Thanks, but I also did this outside of training mode. I put a controller in port one and mine in port 2. I set it to 3 minutes, went to FD, tried it, and recorded it. You NEVER take the knockback

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
By higher, he means number wise. So 4 is the highest followed by 3 then 2 then 1. So port 2 is higher than port 1. Try it again with it switched- you as p1 and the other controller as p2.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
By higher, he means number wise. So 4 is the highest followed by 3 then 2 then 1. So port 2 is higher than port 1. Try it again with it switched- you as p1 and the other controller as p2.
Thank you for specifying this. I didn't think I had to go into it that far. But if it makes it easier for you all, I will.
4 beats 3, 2 and 1
3 beats 2 and 1 but is beaten by 4
2 beats 1 but is beaten by 3 and 4
1 is lame.
Get it?
I think you may be on to something there. I'll test it out, in a hope that it might work as you predicted that it might.
I didn't predict it, I know it. I've already checked it out but if you want then it can't hurt you testing it as well and backing up what I said.
Thanks, but I also did this outside of training mode. I put a controller in port one and mine in port 2. I set it to 3 minutes, went to FD, tried it, and recorded it. You NEVER take the knockback
Exactly. I already did this as well. I'm not surprised at what the out-come was.

The only difference to the whole 4 beats 3 and so on, is in training, which is different from a normal brawl because in training 1 beats 2 for some reason. Other than that everything stays the same and follows the same simple rule, Higher number beats lower number.

I hope this helps you understand how it works.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Controller Port 1 is good if you're a grab-happy character. As your grabs do get more priority if the two of you grab at the same moment.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
No, port 1 gives you grab priority. So if you and someone grab each other at the same time the person in the lower port will get the grab. So as VietGeek said "Controller Port 1 is good if you're a grab-happy character" because you will never get grabbed if you both grab each other at the same time.

Ashraf23

Smash Apprentice
Ill go try to figure out how you can grab with a bomb in your hand. ill be back if i find anything lol.

Ashraf23

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for not responding. SB moves a lot faster than AiB...
Alright, now for finer details.
I was on battlefield against my friend's Metaknight.
I was attempting to do a Zair while holding a bomb and then throw the bomb.
Somehow, my timing for the Zair was off and instead I landed and instantly grab while holding the bomb. (Just to clear things up, I WAS holding it. It was not dropped)
I freaked out a little, pummeled until the grab break (it was a ground break) and immidiatly through the bomb. I was not using recording equipment at the time and it lasted over 3 minutes. Help pl0x?
When i was trying to figure out how you did this i tried to air dodge then Zair as soon as I hit the ground. Yes lol, I failed. At one point I was thinking maybe you were having a TL ditto and you grabbed your friend and didnt notice he had a bomb in his hand and it exploded while you were holding him. But that theory failed as soon as I figuered out you were playing an Mk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom