• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grammys Mafia - An LoD Mafia game moved to dGames

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Argument was the wrong word to use! I meant something along the lines of a confrontation =)

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Actually that was Kaylo who called out my post restriction first and even then all CK did was ask her if all my other posts had post restrictions in them. After Kaylo told CK all my other posts had restrictions in them he didn't really say anything about them so I don't really get what you're getting at with that.

I'm a little slow on this train tonight baby, forgive me.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I would have replied sooner but sleep was calling so... yeah

And you're right air, I know kaylo called out your post restriction... I just got the impression CK was involved as well from reading some of his posts. Actually looking back I don't think it was just him who was suspicious :/

You just don't come across as involved as some other people. I think you're a bit passive, which isn't very good for town. Your posts are very much about revealing slowly things about yourself after people realised/discovered them - posting restrictions, roleblocking, covering suspicions of you etc etc...There aren't a good deal of posts that reveal what you truly think about this game and some of the members. There are some, don't get me wrong. But I can't help but feel you state something like "I think so so could be bad" or "Maybe this person is ___",and then you just leave it, you don't really fish for the things you're suspicious of, you just coast along and hope others might pick up on what you're saying and do the detective work instead.

I'm new to this game so sorry if I'm mistaken on a few things... be nice to me haha! I just think you're playing a very cool cat in this game, lying a little too low and setting things up. Just my thoughts...

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Soooo, yeah, didn't get a chance to make a big post before my guest came, but I'll get to it after this weekend and just pray that I don't miss too much. In the meantime, I'm a bit suspicious about how Hylian came out of the shadows right after two townies died, all mafia-like -- this isn't a real serious vote, but I would like to hear more about your take on the situation:

Vote: Hylian

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
How exactly did I "come out of the shadows?". I've been fairly active and posting my thoughts the entire time. I just happen to post first when day 2 started. When day 1 ended I went back and reread the whole topic, then posted my thoughts before I forgot them.

You should know my take on the situation because I've posted it :laugh:.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
*prods everyone playing this game*

Seriously, where the **** is everyone?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Sorry, but after re-reading three times I haven't changed my mind, my three lynch subjects at this point are:

1. Bowser King: Explained to death.

2. Airgemini: He's posting more which at first I took as a town tell, but knowing the way that he plays it started to wear on me. Now coupled with the possibility of being a prostitute off of flavor (which I'm not going to rely on I'm sorry) and his claiming of being a roleblocker, a primarily mafia role makes him suspicious to me.

3. Marc: I feel like he was around for all of D1 but has been relatively quiet on D2. That makes me feel that he's trying to lurk through one of the more important days.

People I'm feeling rather safe of at this point.

Tom: Just playing typical Tom, however his questions are out to accomplish something, and not just make him appear like he's doing something.

Kaylo: Finding out Air's posting restriction is something I wouldn't expect from a newer player. Therefore her scumhunting ability is either really good or she has friends telling her what to say, however judging from her posting style I think she's town.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
It's just that I find myself agreeing with a BK lynch as much as everyone else. Not as suspicious of air because a roleblocker could just as easily be a Town role, although I'm interested to hear why people suspect him BESIDES his roleclaim.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I just posted why else I was suspicious of him -_-, did you take a look at that because your opinion on it would be great.

You can still question other people because of their vote, see if they have other reasonings for who their voting. Also as I pointed out, roleblocker can't just as easily be a townie role because its primarily a scum role.

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Was talking in general, not just you. Air was Town in Disney Mafia, but a dubious one. His posting more this time around could simply be that he feels he's not in a tough spot as much. Could also mean he's really scum, but he doesn't stand out that much IMO. Also funny how Steel responds with something flavor related when I asked what ELSE makes air scum. =P

Is Roleblocker primarily a Mafia role? I was unaware of that. I think it really depends on where you play and the Jester role being in this game suggests Xiivi really made his own setup. Also, would a Mafia Roleblocker still be required to post as a Prostitute?

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I have a TON of catching up to do, but now that my friend's gone, I can get back down to business tomorrow (going out tonight).

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Everyone who hasn't posted within 72 hours of 24 hours from now will be prodded, probably modkilled/replaced if I feel necessary.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well, if nobody wants to talk, should we consider just lynching BK?

I'm not happy with the progress we've had thusfar, (though, what we've learned about airgemini has been good), so I dunno, up to you guys to bandwagon or not.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah things just kind of came to a halt suddenly which is bad :/. I would back a BK lynch as he's who I suspect most right now. Would like to get some more information on others though. I'm going to go over the thread against for like the 5th time :/.

Can any of the more experienced players point out some common scumtells in examples? Sometimes I don't know what I'm looking for.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'm leaning towards either BK or Air. The fact that the Prostitute is the Mafia version of the Role Blocker, I'm starting to think that him being made a town prostitute is unlikely, and that his purpose was to keep it secret so that others wouldn't figure out that he's a prostitute. And his first post upon us finding out him being a role blocker seemed a lot like him trying to shiftily convince us that he's town, such as suggesting that we recommend for him who to role block. Other than that though I don't really have too much of a reason for being suspicious of air. I'm not sure if I'd be down for a BK Bandwagon or not, to be honest. I'm still not sure.

Also I'd like to hear what Kaylo has to say. She hasn't posted much of anything since the twelfth, and the posts since then were very small and mainly just her explaining her reasons for inactivity. Kaylo, you say you've read through the posts, what's your take on everything?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
This is all going in circles.
So, on the assumption that a BK bandwagon is gonna take place while I'm asleep:

Unvote, Vote bowser king.
You're a pretty cool guy, but I think you're a safe lynch at this point.

Before the day ends, should we think about pro-town roles and what they should do?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
WIFOM some more BK.

Hylian the main scumtells you want to look for or at least what I look for.

Are reactions to pressure that may seem to nonchalant or to urgent.

Or contradictions from Day to Day.

I can't really give you a scumtell encyclopedia because all the other vets are going to know of the common scumtells and avoid them like the plague.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
hey everyone. sorry that my activity really died on day 2. ill be back later with more, but for now,

vote: airgemini

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Yeah I'm fine with it. If you guys really want to lynch me you'll find out how bad it will be when I'm dead :p
I'm a little thown off here.
I've never been really suspicious of BK, but what if he isn't mafia? His post and behavior really reminds me of myself in Disney mafia. So maybe he's just lost for words and is giving up? Kind of like I did >.>

But then again, he could be lying which would get him fisted.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I'm not really defending BK but that post reminded me when I was about to get lynched in Disney mafia and posted something similar to that.

his purpose was to keep it secret so that others wouldn't figure out that he's a prostitute.
I wasn't really keeping it a secret, it was just kind of challenging to think of what to post and adding my post restriction with it. I kind of felt the need to keep it a little non suspicious because like what's kind of happening now, I thought I was immediately going to get canned because I sound like such a *****.

If I was in mafia and worried about getting exposed I probably would have like five posts in here. I'm relieved Kaylo called it out because now I feel like can express my thoughts slightly better without being gang banged by all of you since you all know I have to talk like a **** ;__;

After looking up prostitute, my role fits the desrcription almost perfectly unfortunately for me. It's just like in Disney mafia where I had a bad guys' role but was town. /=

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Ok so Student Finance has been sorted, ****ing finally.

So then, I've been reading through thread and here's what I have to say:

BK: His actions do seem suspicious, but he's a new player. Personally, I see his distant playstyle as that of a newbie. I mean, I'm pretty new to the game too, so I like to stay reserved because I feel that I don't quite have the experience to go full out nonstop. I say we give BK that consideration. Still that doesn't mean the pressuring should stop, since it's still fair game and even newbies should be able to answer questions directed at them.

Air: Air's role seems pretty peculiar. He's admitted to being a roleblocker, which is more often than not, a mafia role. Some of you have given the inklink that he's a prostitute. This knowledge, coupled with Air's uncharacteristically high level of activity, does make him look suspicious. Again, it might be that since he's played a few games, he's learned the ins and outs and is just starting to feel more comfortable posting. We all know Air is a timid boy. Still, the information we have on him is solid, since he's claimed roleblocker. That puts him at a higher level of suspicion than BK imo. Think about it, with BK there's nothing technically solid to go on, with Air there is. He is a roleblocker, and is posting like a *****. This should strike as far more suspicious than what we know about BK, which technically isn't anything.

@ Kaylo: What makes you say Hylian "came out of the shadows"? If you ask me, Hylian was one of the more active players, and simply came in with a pressuring vote on me after Day 1's events. If you ask me, that seems pretty normal, and I don't think he's the main focus for concern right now.

@ Kevin: Why so hesitant about the Air lynch? For the reasons I mentioned before, wouldn't he come off as more suspicious as BK to you? If not, could you elaborate on exactly why you're more comfortable with the BK lynch than an Air lynch?

A'ight that's that for now.

FoS: Air

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
After looking up prostitute, my role fits the desrcription almost perfectly unfortunately for me. It's just like in Disney mafia where I had a bad guys' role but was town. /=
Ok, this just seals it for me. I'm not buying it unless he can elaborate better.

Vote: Air

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I meant like how some are assuming I'm a prostititue based off of being a roleblocker and post restriction is similar to when I was Gaston which was a bad guy apparently but I was town alligned.

This makes me want to eat. I like having things inside me when I'm not full.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i need a votecount before i can get back into this.

i would like anyone who is not currently considering airgemini as our prime lynch target to re-evaluate their own.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well I hopped onto the BK lynch wagon because I thought people would swing that way, and so I wanted to save time because a whole lot of nothing has been happening which sucks.

I'm more than happy to vote for either BK or airgemini because I'm equally suspicious of both of them (And they're both likely mafia), so I'm more than willing to go either way.

unvote, vote airgemini

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Well, I'm not too happy with being a top canidate for a DL because it seems you're all basing it off of my roleclaim and post restriction. /=

Other than those two matching the prostitute description I don't really think I'm that suspicious.

I don't really feel comfortable going on the BK bandwagon because I'm not too sure about him yet. Everyone else's asses are pretty clean to me and don't really need that much investigating it seems.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
how do you feel about name claiming?

you aren't suspicious of ANYONE else?

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
how do you feel about name claiming?
you aren't suspicious of ANYONE else?
Just me nameclaiming? Or everyone else?
I thought that that was deemed pointless?
But I don't have a problem with it if you all really want me to.

Well like, BK and me are the hot topics today. /=
I don't really have any reads on anyone else. I don't want to blame it on inactivity, but that seems to be the reason.

The only person that seems to be a little iffy for me is Marc mainly because of his not so active activity today compared to D1. Same could kind of be said for Hylian.

And I want to see more posts from Teran since he hasn't been very active. Yes, he's been busy but still.

People I think are town for sure:
  • Tom
  • Kaylo
- Tom because he hasn't been scummy at all throughout the game imo.

- Kaylo because she hasn't been scummy, figured out my post restriction (I'm glad), and just has a town aura.

People I would like to see more posts from:
  • Kataefi
  • Teran
  • Hylian
  • BK
  • Marc
From the top of my head anyways. I might've missed some people, but you're all free to share my bed anyways.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i just specifically asked you if you are comfortable nameclaiming. this was after you said you role claimed and all youve got is a post restriction and youre a town roleblocker.

im not asking everyone to. im asking if you are comfortable doing it, and if so, do it.

you have never had any problem with anything anyone specifically said?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
2nd Official Vote Count:
(4) airgemini: Kataefi, Tom, Teran17, Vyse
(3) bowser king: §teel, Mike G, Hylian
(1) Hylian: KayLo!

(5) Not voting: airgemini, Marc, -Hilt-, KevinM, bowser king

With 13 alive, it takes a vote of 7 to lynch!
A deadline has been set for September 27th 11:59PM EST!
If a majority is not reached, the person with the highest number of votes will be lynched!
If multiple people have the majority of votes, whoever reached that majority first will be lynched!
If no votes are cast then the game moderator will roll dice!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I have a vote on Bowser King, and it will stay there. Not to sound tunnelvisioned or anything but I don't see how we're going to let a guy who lurked.. defended himself... lurked again.. put Omni at L-1 with no backing to his claim.. got voted bunch, defended self WEAKLY by just saying basically, yeah I'm inactive so what and then made a huge WIFOM argument of, if you lynch me you'll regret it as a defense and then lurked some more.

I'm fine with either lynch but Air's whole contradictions galore in every post is so hard to read because that's what he does every game. He's like the Karthik King of the LoD. I will hammer Air if it comes to that point but for now I'd much rather see a bowser king lynch.

For all four of you voting Air, can you tell me why you're voting Air instead of BK, because if it's just based off flavor then you will be on my radar. That's not going to help us later on if a mafia role is slightly harder to detect.

Vote BK

Since Xiivi missed my vote.

Unless I never have? But I could have sworn I voted for him like beginning of D2

Top Bottom