• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
o_O Karma mid being used in ipl5 against TSM

laning against Diana
Karma being mid is odd but I have been seeing it more often then Karma being a support like I use her as. It's great to see her actually get some play-time though.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Caitlyn doesn't really have powerful skills compared to other AD carries. I remember Oddone talking about the fact that her Ultimate is very easy to get around and her traps aren't really powerful compared to other AD carry skills.
I feel like Vayne pretty much has a Zhonya's on her with her ult and Tumble, too.
But, that's just the way I look at it. I'd like to hear thoughts on this.

:038:
While I agree that good skills are useful, the vast majority of your dps lategame comes from AAs, so skills are primarily relevant based on how much utility they have lategame. And she does have a dash (that sends out a slow in the opposite direction) and traps are amazing at sieging and being sieged.

That said, it's definitely the reason why cait sucks midgame, but at least she has a meh AD scaling ability besides her 2 second channeling ult, and a meh damage steriod (headshot). Oh yea, and doesn't have to go into the center of the enemy team to use her damage.

So yea, what the oddone said about her skills is mostly relevant to her midgame, and it was talking about her damage output. Lategame, that's not an issue.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Playing a game in normals.
I pick Rammus.

We're losing hard (20-40 in kills) around 30 minutes.

I sell everything for Wriggles, Mob Boots, and 4 Zeals.
We win.

What. The. Hell. :applejack:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
prolific mordekeiser main (maybe gone by now but I saw him throughout late season 1 and most of my season 2 shenanigans) from around 1500-1700 elo used to rush mob boots, two zeals into trinity force then 3 more zeals into eventual phantom dancers. He won every game I ever saw him in while using mordekeiser.

Something about a 550 movement speed mordekeiser pushing 3 lanes at once and being impossible to kill really made things happen in solo queue. He even always started off by feeding.

D

Deleted member

Tiamat will cause Parrrley to deal 50% splash damage around its target.
If Parrrley critically strikes, the spash damage from Tiamat will also critically strike.
Every unit killed by Tiamat's splash damage or the proc from Ionic Spark will grant Parrrley's bonus gold and refund mana.
This makes it possible to refund more mana than the ability costs (returning the full mana used with 2 kills and returning more than the used mana with 3+ kills).
gotta love the some of the things you can find on the wiki.
----

so I'm kind of wondering what the point of playing GP is, since just playing a ranged ADC seems to do more dmg in almost every situation.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
gotta love the some of the things you can find on the wiki.
----

so I'm kind of wondering what the point of playing GP is, since just playing a ranged ADC seems to do more dmg in almost every situation.
Global Ult and 10 sec CD Cleanse not good enough for you?

What's The Point

Smash Master
I don't know why you compare him to ranged ADC when he's a bruiser. But then other bruisers all do their job better. His main problems are that he's way more item dependent than other top laners and he has no gap closer so the enemy AD/AP can kite him.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Speaking of gp I got destroyed by a Pantheon top lane even after taking fb from him. Lost every trade post level 4 because of his shield.

Is this matchup possible or am I forced to wait for the jungler ?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
it's not possible

his hardest counter
funny joke

gp vs. pantheon is easy as balls if you just spec 9/21/0, armor seals, armor quints, arpen marks, mres/level glyphs and max oranges first (and basically spam them off CD, you're not getting them for cc removal, you're getting them for crazy hp heal). matchup's so easy that you can just double gold/10 in it and just starve pantheon of mana because of how absurdly imbalanced the mana efficiency of remove scurvy vs. spear shot is.

just don't shoot pantheon expecting to harass and then get mad when it hits his shield. I swear to god, every gp just thinks the match is bad because they spec offensive and keep trying to harass for levels 1-5 and shoot pantheon's shield over and over again

X1-12

Smash Champion
Hey guys I want to get started playing top lane (just so I can do it if I'm needed to), have you got any advice? Its so different from other lanes I find. I have malph/kayle/mundo

Btw I'm lvl 30 but still only playing normals

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Farm a lot, ward constantly to avoid ganks, only play one or two champs until you start learning match ups

Also avoid picking top as first pick as you are bound to get countered

:phone:

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Pretty much trade if you have a huge wave with you (minion damage is huge at early levels). Baiting cds then engaging while they have nothing is also important.

If you want a very early lead, there's two things you can do. Get your jungle to gank while they are level 1, or push your lane a tiny bit to get level 2 or 3 before they do and engage on them

:phone:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
idk, rumble, yorick, jax, irelia, standard strong top laners. GP can mitigate how badly it is possible for him to lose a lane because he can snipe assists/kills like a mofo with his ult and sustain like crazy with a maxed W, so even his bad matchups aren't really that bad IMHO.

Top Bottom