• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh @Dekar, if you're still having issues, I was being pseudo-serious.
It may have to do with your ISP directly. Wouldn't be the first time I've been left contentless from something with dead replies from pings to redirect my internet through my mobile phone to have it load perfectly fine.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Well, I tried the plug-in thing and it still isn't working. I've never encountered this issue before so really I'm lost atm. My phone won't DL it either, but that may be a phone issue or a lack of the right programs (and it'd be uber poor quality anyway, so I really wouldn't care to view it on there).

Also, I've tried running it through a proxy and it just won't go. ASDF.

Thanks for the help though guys! :)

Vyke

Smash Champion
Well, I tried the plug-in thing and it still isn't working. I've never encountered this issue before so really I'm lost atm. My phone won't DL it either, but that may be a phone issue or a lack of the right programs (and it'd be uber poor quality anyway, so I really wouldn't care to view it on there).

Also, I've tried running it through a proxy and it just won't go. ASDF.

Thanks for the help though guys! :)
Watch a stream of somebody else streaming it, somebody like one of your teammates.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Okay back and posting dumb **** like always.

Because for some reason I like coming up with goofy bottom lanes (since it's my favorite lane to play) I was wondering if anybody had tried an Urgot+AD Caster lane. Philo->Tear->Sightstone->Black Cleaver ASAP.

Again I was thinking "what makes a character work as a support," and the answer is to meet as many of the following as possible:

Early: babysits, sets up kills, sustains, harasses when opponents last hit, can help stave off ganks.
Mid/late: Can afford to spend $$$ on wards, can initiate if necessary, can peel for carries, can use auras/buffs for carries

Can Urgot do this? Answer: Absolutely. Philo->tear is plenty of mana, and pretty cheap particularly if you're getting kills. A blackcleaver->frozen heart is everything your carry could want, increasing damage and decreasing incoming damage... which Urgot already does because of his E and passive. Bruiser/assassin dives your carry, he gets hit with E, Q, and the slow from W. So you auto-kite for your carry, increase their damage, and make them tanky (relatively speaking).

Other benefits to Urgot: natural tankiness because of W and Ult. Black Cleaver, Ruby Sightstone, and Shurelya's all give bunches of health which synergize with built in resists. Shurelya's + his ult means surprise engage. E and Q both allow you to check bushes and keep your team safe. If your team is doing well, black-cleaver and Muramana are all the damage you need to be a relevant DPS source on top of things. W+Q is a great anti-ganking tool. You also have the capacity to ult people on top of your carry to push them away AND give them a slow.

But the real magic is the E+Black Cleaver. Rank 5 E = 20% armor reduction. Black Cleaver = 25 more. Your opponent is down to 55% armor before your carry ever gets to them. This lets your AD casters/carries spit out way more damage early on.

Main downside: Can't sustain or shield carry. Must use abilities on enemies to "buff" carry.

Kill lane setups:

Talon -- W+Q/auto has good synergy with Talon's bonus damage to slow targets. Ult->Talon's silence is good for handling blinkers. If your lane is having trouble, Corrosive charge + rake is a cheap and easy way to spam down a pushing wave.

Panth -- Heartseaker + E has wave clear, ult -> aegis for killing, and wonderful ganking setups if Urgot swaps as Panth jumps.

Poke lane setups: Ez -- There's no creep you don't get to kill, and slowed targets are easier to hit for Ez's skill shots.

Ashe -- Urgot covers her lack of escapes with W. Arrow-Swap-Jungle lane gank is very powerful. Good waveclear/poke with volley/corrosive charge.

Tristana -- Late game it's poke, early game it's kill. swap-> buster shot down the lane is hella rude. Armor reduction on Urgot's E helps buff Trist's midgame.

Anybody want to normal this in a week and a half when I'm back on my real computer?

Team types: Hypercarry protection, poke/kite, pick comps. But with damage like that he fits anywhere.

Okuser

Smash Ace
You're underestimating how long it takes to get that much money on 0cs support.

Since Urgot is AD that means he scales off items and not ability levels like other more traditional support.

His utility is pretty ****ty overall too.

No reason to pick him as a support over Ashe.

:phone:

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
Something a friend of mine said on skype:

[8:46:44 PM] tryns lore was the saddest
[8:46:53 PM] he saw his parents die
[8:47:00 PM] and he didnt even become batman
[8:47:03 PM] vayne did

:038:

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Okuser: All Urgot needs to be relevant in his lane for the first several levels is a Tear. I'm also not sure how a constantly applicable slow, damage debuff, supression, and armor debuff doesn't count as utility. It's not obvious utility, which is why people always underestimate Urgot's ability to fight 1v1. It's also not that tough to eventually pick up a brutalizer, and Urgot has ALWAYS had crazy mileage off Brut+Tear even when he bought Glacial Shroud before Manamune.

Vyke: Urgot is tankier than the average support and he needs mana + GP10 in a support role, and there's no point getting Avarice or Pick. He could rush Tear (and that works with utility masteries giving HP regen based on max mana) but that would put a dent in the warding. Plus his whole deal is how he fights you outside your range where he isn't taking damage to begin with.

And don't forget the synergy his ult just has with stuff like TF, Noct, good lane gankers, or even mid/top lanes using teleport. There's lots of ways to completely force kills in bottom lane with the utility of his ultimate, especially if your AD has CC of their own, giving free setups to champs like Vayne, Draven, and Ashe, and giving MORE power to long range gankers.

Well, I'll be trying it in a bit when I'm back on my own computer with good internet. I'll just let you know how it works :T

Recently, I feel that rushing Philo into Shurelyas isn't the most worthwhile investment.

If you want to save more gold, rushing a Sightstone is more beneficial.
If you feel you need more sustain in lane, buying potions or having a flask remedies this.

Oh yeah, the new item that chalice builds into is really good, the Mikael's Crucible. Thing is though that I would trade Armor for the Magic resist since armor is more important in bottom lane unless it's like Sona/Zyra support.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I wasn't talking about rushing Philo on Urgot. I was talking about rushing it in general. Supports get so much gold now that just skipping gp5 and building Sightstone + HP support items (Locket is op) looks way more attractive.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
I only build philo when I want shurelias or when I need regen and enemy doesn't have any kill potential. Usually just go sightstone>kindlegem.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I wasn't talking about rushing Philo on Urgot. I was talking about rushing it in general. Supports get so much gold now that just skipping gp5 and building Sightstone + HP support items (Locket is op) looks way more attractive.
I love locket.

:phone:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Thanks Virg

I don't get why the designate you to this task tho. like there should definitely be 2 or 3 people to come to for name changes imo.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Because no one wants to do it.

I get a lot of PMs and questions about Premium so tend to do them in batches (hence some times a bit of a wait).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
So new champ has a pull in his kit, (actually does 2 pulls, takes 1.5 seconds to complete pull). Probably won't let him pull over walls. He also can let allies dash to him.

He's also a ranged champ, 475 range

The biggeeeest problem with this guy is he is a sitting duck after using his abilities. They are worse CDs than Nami.. BUT he gives a dash to adcs who don't have dashes. Could be something worthwhile especially with Twitch

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Made a new ranked team for good times.

Cut For Beiber (Cut4B)

Is currently recruiting all roles for lols.

You can add me on in game (faithkeeper) for more info.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Blitz grab has an absurd cooldown timer in lane and he's still permabanned. This guy is fine on cooldown timers.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
New champ makes me think of what I imagined when I first heard about Yorick. His set looks really interesting, especially his W which looks ****en broken. Full team shield/disengage anyone ?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Streamun some zed. Difficult as all hell to be optimal in teamfights but I'm finally getting it. Lane phase absurd though.

twitch.tv/dekar173

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
hey guys, me and my friend have had a week long debate on which game is more harder/complicated/deeper : LOL or Melee. I only played LOL 2 times, but I have played melee for 6-7 years. Can anyone here give me an unbiased opinion on which game is harder?

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
well, i conceded that melee is easier to pick up because of the nature of the game.

but i also said the metagame has evolved to the point in melee where casual players would have no idea what is going on.

my main point: melee's highest level is higher than what I think lol's is capable of, or at least of lol's current metagame.

my friends point: melee is a kids game that's easy to pick up, ergo easier to play overall.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I think you're both comparing apples to oranges and it's a dumb comparison to make in the first place.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
thanks bro :/

honestly tho, i'm just in Korea trying to pick up games since melee wasn't released out here and none of my friends here understand the melee metagame. personally, I think there only a few games out there as complicated as melee, but that's my personal thought.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I feel Melee is only complicated at the top levels of competition, and that the only bar is how niche the community is to get into it in the first place compared to other fighters. Otherwise you're just playing casually with friends.

Devil Ray

Smash Lord
hmm, but don't you think that even mid level players now are pretty amazing nowadays? if high level is like a top 32 bracket at a tourney like apex, i think there are at least a few hundred mid level players that are pretty amazing.

my question also refers to lol tho: how deep is lol? i only know so much of the game.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Like someone else said, poor comparison. It's a strictly team game that's a top down MOBA. Melee is a platform fighter. Two different worlds lol.

Top Bottom