• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Niko45

Smash Master
potentially abusable way to rank up? So I was playing games with my friend who has a very very low mmr and I happened to be in a promo series for them. We won a few games playing together absurdly easily. His mmr is super low so there were things like no jungle, no support etc in a couple of these games, as well as the games just being generally really easy to win due to low overall skill level. We could have been getting lucky as I guess those cancerous players could have been on our team but the games just seemed so free. Afterwards he said he was getting like no points for those wins, which I believe is what the system tries to do to counteract abusing duoing in very low mmr games. However, since I'm in a promo series points don't matter at all, and winning is just winning a free promotion.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Makes sense. I wouldn't mind risking that, since I'm a chill-magnet and my team never has ragers or turbobaddies.

#knockonwood
#justjinxedmyself

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
potentially abusable way to rank up? So I was playing games with my friend who has a very very low mmr and I happened to be in a promo series for them. We won a few games playing together absurdly easily. His mmr is super low so there were things like no jungle, no support etc in a couple of these games, as well as the games just being generally really easy to win due to low overall skill level. We could have been getting lucky as I guess those cancerous players could have been on our team but the games just seemed so free. Afterwards he said he was getting like no points for those wins, which I believe is what the system tries to do to counteract abusing duoing in very low mmr games. However, since I'm in a promo series points don't matter at all, and winning is just winning a free promotion.
I believe your hidden elo doesn't go up much if you do that and it makes demotions far more likely to happen if you lose. But if your just looking for a promotion this does work.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
How come whenever I play a match as Sona, everyone always says they want her?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
"(Active): Tryndamere instantly receives fury and becomes immune to death for 5 seconds during which his health cannot go below 1 health. This move is usable even when stunned, silenced or suppressed."

Oh. Well, the more you know. Managed to beat an AP Tryn (yay sheep) but the backdooring was extremely annoying.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
"(Active): Tryndamere instantly receives fury and becomes immune to death for 5 seconds during which his health cannot go below 1 health. This move is usable even when stunned, silenced or suppressed."

Oh. Well, the more you know. Managed to beat an AP Tryn (yay sheep) but the backdooring was extremely annoying.
Consider yourself lucky. Wait until you see Kevin's AP Trynd. The annoyance is on a completely different level.

:gova:

Okuser

Smash Ace
Whyzat? (I definitely want to try her out toplane, building some tanky stuff and BotrK)

I believe you.
because I have a thing for shapeshifting champions and ad carries. that's why I played so much AD carry jayce because it was the closest thing to that.

I just hope her melee bird is fun to use

Dekar173

Justice Man
That sentence was an abortion. Also, I'm joking. If you frequent the League subreddit, you'll see it. If not, then you won't. I just liked the fact that I saw a Pierce post on reddit.

Dekar173

Justice Man

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I remember that, then they did QoL changes on him and he became Fotm, he isn't right now that much but he still has strong qualities.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Maybe it was before riot took the randomness of his Q away, but I don't see how a character with 2 aoe interrupts could ever be bad.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Damn Dekar, weren't you asking about how to get more viewers recently?

ggggg

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, what happened? 2500 jeez.
Also are you saying Rengar is good? Because I can believe it, it's just that nobody plays him. I've seen maybe 2 since season 3 started.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Who here does group normals? I'm looking to expand my group options outside of Michigan people. I know swf chat is a thing and I'll start popping in there but from what I remember no one actually uses it. My tag on LoL is GenericallyNamed.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
uhh what did I miss? I was watching Dekar stream the other day with like 4 other people.. now I check twitch and its like "Rainman, Zekent, Dekar173" LOL da fux?

Either way good ****.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Thanks for watching everyone, I was in autopilot. I've been brainstorming exactly how to make my stream better, and I came up with:

Cam: this will not be immediate, but I know people like looking at the players. I need to get one.
More music: music is always better
Background/layout: I've got a friend working on one atm.
Schedule: I play pretty frequently in the nights, but I'll figure a solid schedule out.

And last, improving overall as a streamer. Commentary and interaction are what come to mind for me.

Anyone have any other ideas for me on how to improve/wtf a "streamer" even needs?

Thanks again for watching :)

What's The Point

Smash Master
I'd say that the face cam is most important. People stick around on streams because they get connected to the streamer and actually seeing them really helps for that. If you just want games of league you can go to the many other streams or even in client. The only popular faceless stream I can think of is Sig, and I had to go away from LoL for that.

Music is secondary to you talking. What they want to hear if you being informative and/or funny. Music is for filler when nothing is happening or you can't think of anything (Also personal entertainment). Again people can listen to music anywhere so no one is going to stick around just because they like your playlist.

Everything else is polishing. You already got a big viewer boost and I assume a lot of follows from reddit. Now you should just stream as much as you can for the next week and get a cam as soon as possible. You want to be on now before those 2.5k people forgot about your stream. The weekend is coming up so you might want to spend it streaming all day.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i play rengar when i have to go top now because he's ****ing awesome and i see dekar poop on everything all the time​
hes pretty ****ing good lol​
i have like 350 rank games and my most played champ only has 30 ama​

Top Bottom