• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/11/red-post-collection-preseason-mastery.html

Offense
Tier 1
  • Feast (1 Rank) - Each time you kill a unit restore 2 health and 1 mana
  • Fury (4 Ranks) - Gain 1.25/2.5/3.75/5% increased Attack Speed
  • Sorcery (4 Ranks) - Gain 1.25/2.5/3.75/5% Cooldown Reduction
  • Butcher (1 Rank) - Deal 2 additional damage versus minions with basic attacks and single target spells (does not included Damage over time effects or Area of Effect spells)
Tier 2
  • Doubled Edge Sword (1 Rank) - Melee: Deal an additional 2% damage and receive 1% additional damage. Ranged: Deal and recieve an additional 1.5% damage
  • Brute Force (3 Ranks) - +4/8/12 Attack Damage at level 18 (+0.22/0.44/0.66 per level)
  • Mental Force (3 Ranks) - +6/12/18 Ability Power at level 18 (+.33/.66/.99 per level)
Tier 3
  • Spell Weaving (1 Rank) - Damaging an enemy champion with an auto attack increases your spell damage by 1% stacking up to 3 times. (Max 3% damage increase)
  • Martial Mastery (1 Rank) (Req Brute Force) - +5 Attack Damage
  • Arcane Mastery (1 Rank) (Req Mental Force)- +8 Ability Power
  • Executioner (3 Ranks) - Increases damage dealt to champions below 20/35/50% health by 5%
Tier 4
  • Blade Weaving (1 Rank)(Req Spell Weaving) - Damaging an enemy champion with a spell increases your basic attack damage by 1% stacking up to 3 times. (Max 3% damage increase) This cannot be trigger more than once per second
  • Warlord (3 Ranks) -Increases Bonus Attack Damage by 2/3.5/5%
  • Archmage (3 Ranks) - Increases Ability Power by 2/3.5/5%
  • Dangerous Game (1 Rank) (Req Executioner)- Killing a champion restores 5% of your missing health and mana
Tier 5
  • Frenzy (1 Rank) - Critical hits increases your attack speed by 5% for 3 seconds (stacks up to 3 times)
  • Devastating Strikes (3 Ranks) - +2/4/6% Armor and Magic penetration
  • Arcane Blade (1 Rank) - Your basic attacks also deal bonus magic damage equal to 5% of your Ability Power
Tier 6
  • Havoc (1 Rank) - 3% Increased Damage
Defense
Tier 1
  • Block (2 Ranks) - Reduce incoming damage from champion basic attacks by 1/2
  • Recovery (2 Ranks) - +1 health per 5 seconds
  • Enchanted Armor (2 Ranks) - Increase your bonus Armor and Magic Resistance by 2.5/5%
  • Tough Skin (2 Ranks) - Reduce damage taken from neutral monsters by 1/2, This does not effect lane minions
Tier 2
  • Unyielding (1 Rank)(Req Block) - Melee - Reduce all incoming damage from champions by 2 Ranged - Reduce all incoming damage from champions by 1
  • Veteran Scars (3 Ranks) - +12/24/36 Health
  • Bladed Armor (1 Rank) - Enemy monsters that attack you bleed dealing damage equal to 1% of their current health each second.\nThis does not work against lane minions.
Tier 3
  • Oppression (1 Rank) - Reduces damage taken by 3% from enemies that have impaired movement (Slows, snares, taunts, stuns, etc)
  • Juggernaut (1 Rank)(Req Veteran Scars) - +3% Maximum Health
  • Hardiness (3 Ranks) - +2/3.5/5 Armor
  • Resistance (3 Ranks) - +2/3.5/5 Magic Resistance
Tier 4
  • Perseverance (3 Ranks) - +1/2/3% of your missing health every 5 seconds
  • Swiftness (1 Rank) - Reduce the effectiveness of slows by 10%
  • Reinforced Armor (1 Rank)(Req Hardiness) - Reduces damage taken by critical strikes by 10%
  • Evasive (1 Rank)(Req Resistance) - Reduces damage taken by 4% from Area of Effect magic damage
Tier 5
  • Second Wind (1 Rank)(Req Perseverance) - Increase all sources of incoming healing by 10% when below 25% health
  • Legendary Guardian (4 Ranks) - +1/2/3/4 Armor and 0.5/1/1.5/2 Magic Resistance for each nearby enemy champion
  • Runic Shield (1 Rank) - Start the game with a 50 health shield. This shield regenerates each time you respawn
Tier 6
  • Tenacious (1 Rank) - Reduces the duration of crowd control effects by 15%
Utility
Tier 1
  • Phasewalker (1 Rank) - Reduces the casting time of Recall by 1 second
  • Fleet of Foot (3 Ranks) - +0.5/1/1.5% movement speed
  • Meditation (3 Ranks) - +1/2/3 mana regen per 5
  • Scout (1 Rank) - Increases the cast range of wards and trinket items by 10%
Tier 2
  • Conjuror (1 Rank) - Summoned units, traps, and cloness have 10% increased duration. This does not work on wards
  • Summoner's Insight (3 Ranks) - Reduces the cooldown of Summoner Spells by 4/7/10%
  • Strength of Spirit (1 Rank)(Req Meditation) - Gain Health Regeneration equal to 10% of your Mana Regeneration
  • Alchemist (1 Rank) - Increases the duration of your potions and elixirs by 10%
Tier 3
  • Greed (3 Ranks) - +.5/1/1.5 gold every 10 seconds
  • Runic Affinity (1 Rank) - Increases the duration of shrine, relic, quest, and neutral monster buffs by 20%
  • Vampirism (3 Ranks) - +1/2/3% lifesteal and spellvamp
  • Culinary Master (1 Rank)(Req Alchemist) - Your health potions are upgraded into Biscuits that restore 20 health and 10 mana instantly upon consumption
Tier 4
  • Wealth (1 Rank) (Req Greed)- +40 Starting Gold
  • Bandit (1 Rank) - Melee: Grants an additional 15 Gold on Champion kill or assist Ranged: You gain an 3 gold each time you attack an enemy champion. This cannot trigger on the same champion more than once every 5 seconds
  • Expanded Mind (3 Ranks) - +2/3.5/5% increased maximum mana
  • Inspiration (2 Ranks) - +5 experience every 10 seconds while near a higher level allied champion
Tier 5
  • Scavenger (1 Rank) (Req Bandit)- +1 Gold each time an ally kills a nearby lane minion
  • Intelligence (3 Rank) - +2/3.5/5% Cooldown Reduction and reduces the cooldown of Activated Items by 4/7/10%
Tier 6
  • Wanderer (1 Rank) - Gain 5% increased movement speed out of combat"

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Bandit for melee champions seems really underwhelming

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Gold in general for ranged supports is just going to be easier to come by it seems.
Melee are going to have a hard time using Kage's Pick or Executioners Emblem without eating some pretty heavy harass because of their range, and they won't get too much use out of Bandit until mid-late game.
Also no more Bankplank getting gold each time he Q's you :(

Vyke

Smash Champion
Yeah, but they get Scavenger and the Harvest passive off of some of the new items. Not to mention better and longer lasting potions will help melee supports not dip as low.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I wanted to grind to diamond.
But den after 7 ranked wins the ship finally crashed and now 0 points in plat 4, the train stops here. Plat 4, hope next season they don't do their ****ty rito ways and throw me in gold 4 or something.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Red Ryu: 15968797 said:
Better late game worse early.

Good if you are an all in killer like Leona.
Unless the tooltip is wrong 15 extra gold is awful

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
It's not that bad in terms of the gold it can give you throughout the course of a game.
If you're involved in, say, 15 of your team's kills that's an extra 225 gold for you which is pretty nice.
Relative to the ranged version though it does seem bad. You won't typically see that gold during the laning phase, and it's just risky to even get that gold.
Ranged supports can get the gold safely, and they get it when they most want it. Having that gold in the early game sets you up better for the mid-lategame when the melee version starts to become relevant. Plus there's that buff to the ranged version compared to live pickpocket because now each enemy champ has their own cooldown for the effect. The melee version is pretty snowbally too. If your team is behind it doesn't really give you much of anything, and it's most effective when you are ahead.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Idk if I'm missing something really obvious but your added reward for a kill/assist should be more substantial, not something you get passively in 10 seconds

An additional 225 gold is pretty bad in your example wat

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Idk if I'm missing something really obvious but your added reward for a kill/assist should be more substantial, not something you get passively in 10 seconds

An additional 225 gold is pretty bad in your example wat
225 gold for a one point mastery isn't bad at all especially when you are a support looking for ways to get more income.
Obviously it's not a perfect example, but look at something like the new Legendary Armor mastery. Assuming all five enemy players are around for max effect each point into Legendary Armor would be worth 150 gold. Or maybe Martial Mastery, 1 rank for 5 AD is 200 gold. Like I said, that's hardly a perfect comparison because that gold value is there from the start of the game, whereas Bandit builds up over the course of the game.
If you're getting ~200 gold from a 1 point mastery I would be happy to take it.
I think the issue with the melee version of Bandit is that the ranged version is just so much safer and more reliable to get similar income if not more.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Who cares about bandit, scavenger is where it's at. Useful in early, mid and late game.

Utility masteries make me wanna roam.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Who cares about bandit, scavenger is where it's at. Useful in early, mid and late game.

Utility masteries make me wanna roam.
The +1 per nearby allied minion kill mastery is going to be in addition to gold you'll already get for allied minion kills right? I don't know if it's been added yet, but I thought that Riot wanted that to be a thing so supports can get more gold. And since they don't want to pigeonhole people into taking specific masteries, this is just a bonus right?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It's better than the best when that happens. :applejack:

Also, America gets crappy Mountain Dew and Dorito combos for it's Xbox stuff. Germany gets:

Life just isn't fair. :applejack:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
But it won't be Dr. Oekter's. That's like telling me to make my own Double Quarter Pounder or a Tour of Italy. Or even a Big Nasty.

It's not the same. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Anything that was OP during the start of S3 or mid season (Kha'zix diana etc.) has been nerfed to the point they're barely played now. Orianna is one of those rare picks cause no matter how many nerfs or buffs she still offers a lot for the team, or people like gragas zed and ahri popping up again for assassinating and bursting.

Other than mid, I think Bot and top has been the same kinda outside of renekton being in every single game and if you don't get him or shen you probably will lose. Jungle has always been J4 elise aatrox zac and Lee I believe. Wait, guess Zac kinda sorta got the shaft or people just realized J4/lee as tanks are better than Zac?

goingbacktothepointnow... Diana is definitely underwhelming after the many nerfs rito gave her, but like any character, once fed she hits hard like 3 trucks at once.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Khazix is very playable still, just not in the same way that he was playable. His evolved W is basically useless now because he can't apply his passive, and base W has its own slow now. Evolved Q on the other hand is basically insanely strong. 11.6% max health damage on top of a 2.175 bonus AD ratio when isolated on a ~3 second cooldown.
His isolation cheese is veeeery strong. I've been seeing it everywhere on streams. Top lane makes better use of his passive and it's harder to get away when you're up top, but mid has more map presence; basically I've been seeing him both lanes.

Once he gets Tiamat/Hydra you can't even rely on minions to prevent isolation because he just oneshots the wave and gets a free isolation Q's.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've been using scyther recently cause I've been wanting to play him since release. But didn't want to play him mid or when he was fotm and everyone was choosing him thus me never getting the chance to use him so I never bought him.

Did now and had fun, but so far cheese top lanes like Kayle, or even vs Darius. While mid lane had heimer. Feel like I haven't had a real game with him yet but still fun to play him. Might get hydra over BT on him since he can use the passive while in the air.

Also ya, he's playable, but if someone has the chance to choose an AD assassin in a decently high ranked game, think people are definitely gonna go for Zed over Kha'zix.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's weird how Riot nerfs things that need to be nerfed, but they pick and choose some of them to give compensation buffs to. Like Diana got straight up gutted even though I never thought she was *as* OP as some other champs, and then she was brought back up but is still kind of eh. Zed/Kass just got nerfed, but they got some changes that could be seen as buffs. Kass still seems to have a 90% banrate. Khazix W was rightfully nerfed, but they buffed his Q so it's situationally absolutely insane. A few weeks ago I was jungling Voli against a mid Khazix, the guy got 1 or 2 kills then he could just dive me under tower even though I was building full tank, it was disgusting.

renekton being in every single game and if you don't get him or shen you probably will lose.
I actually don't see Shen much anymore, and he's rarely banned. Renek's there all the time (I don't own him lolol) but I'd prefer a sexy Garen on my team anyway.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well that part was mostly directed at the case if someone gets Renekton, other team very likely gonna choose the next best thing, Shen.
That or Jax and hopefully have korean blood in them and beat Renekton in lane without jungler help.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I'm fine with all the Renekton, Shen, Jax and Riven around and the seemingly utter disappearance of top laners like Kennen, Jayce, Ryze, etc. because some of Olaf's hardest matchups are just gone from the meta.
I think the new Olaf is a situationally very strong pick. Counters some pretty common picks like Jax and Nasus, and even matchups against other bullies like Riven and Renekton. He's also among the laners who can keep up with Shyvana's split pushing which seems to be more and more popular these days.
Immobile champs like Heimer, Jinx, Ashe, Syndra etc. are just so easy to take out as Olaf and the nerf to the big assassins have been making less mobile champs pop up all over the place it seems. Plus he has the ability to duel any ADC not named Vayne (Vayne and Jarvan seem to be the bane of Olaf's existence :() off of one damage item.

Top Bottom