• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Life

Smash Hero
I'd rather drop the number of stacks required to transform Feral Flare, and then nerf the on-hit damage to compensate. This means that kills/assists give stacks earlier, so the FF jungler doesn't have to feel the need to AFK farm constantly, while still keeping the overall power of the item about the same.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
This FF topic still going? Though not blaming anyone since it's still an incredibly strong item when it's transformed and the junglers for it makes them obnoxiously stupid to play with or against.

I'm gonna be completely honest here and say the only time I ever see a feral flare jungler literally stay in jungle all game is udyr.

Noct at least ganks here or there past 6, whenever ult up of course so two minutes of farming up until it's back up. By the time he's 6 he'll be around 20 or so stacks, maybe even ff already from taking enemy camps if enemy jungler ganking.
Yi's usually gank when they see an opportunity by going tp half the time or just usual flash.
Xin I haven't seen enough of, I just know he gets ******** lifesteal and damage and since he can just have a sunfire to stick to mid/ad, you're ****ed.
Shaco is too ****ing slow even with the wriggles sadly, think I shud stick to bork still lol.
Jax definitely ganks before 6.
Dunno about lee sin but I can only imagine how stupid it is. But I'd see him ganking even before 3.
Kayle will gank at 3 or 4 most likely.
Shyv might be the second ff jungler that'll actually sit in her jungle till FF like Udyr.

Can't think of any others that matter past Gold.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Shyvana can gank post-6 easily. Her ganks pre-6 are mainly to make sure the enemy laners don't just play as if you don't exist

Player-3

Smash Hero
if somebody is playing like the jungler doesn't exist then just gank and kill them... don't waste time ganking somebody if all you're goin to accomplish is saying I AM A PERSON

Get Low

Smash Ace
Hi. Newer League player coming to you guys with a question.
Is it possible to jungle in low level games?
A friend of mine told me that junglers are hugely dependent on runes,
which are all basically useless until one reaches the higher levels.
It seems like most characters aren't strong enough to jungle in the early game by themselves,
so I was kind of wondering how it works.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That used to be true, but jungle items are stronger now, and the jungle monsters were nerfed, so it's still possible to do without runes. Start with a machete and potions, take Smite, and you're probably fine. Some of the safer junglers to clear with are Warwick, and then I dunno... Xin, Udyr, Shyvana?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
When I started playing the game pre-season 1 it felt almost impossible for anybody not named Warwick or Udyr to jungle before level 20. The jungle was a harsh maiden in those days that demanded the correct runes and masteries or you would die to wolves or some ****.
Nowadays, you can really jungle at any point. Though at the early levels you might bot be able to get away with some of the junglers with a weak first clear.

Life

Smash Hero
If you pick something like Nunu or Warwick you'll be fine. Other junglers really need the runes though.

It's also hard to practice jungling early because most people will just duo top instead until you start leveling.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Add Fiddle to the list of junglers that don't need runes.

I wouldn't recommend jungling at lower levels tho, because your top might have to endure a 1v2 lane and chances are he doesn't know how to handle it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Amumu can work with no runes

I've even done a red start on a low level smurf. Gotta start E for lowered damage from monsters.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Just learn junglers you're comfortable with. I enjoy Shaco and Skarner still, but if I have too I'd go to kha'zix only cause I use to play him mid and top a lot before he turned into the best jungler so I already know how to play him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I picked Udyr, the problem was

1. I'm still not good at the role.
2. our team comp was really disorganized.
3. I couldn't farm FF because bot was losing bad.

Renekton tried but we were too heavy for him :<

Player-3

Smash Hero
jungling is pretty easy to fill right now in the meta, there's really no player skill involved in the role anymore it's all about efficiency instead of outsmarting your opponent, if you can recognize when you should leave jungle to gank for a guarenteed kill, do it, counterganking is only worth it if you can get something out of it afterwards, and counterjungling is pointless, dragons are pretty important so as long as you have vision on it and take it when the enemy jungler shows himself top, you'll do fine in the role

really lame

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Which is why Shaco isn't even a jungler anymore. When it's all about farming and trinkets becoming a thing, kinda harder to counterjungle and the fact they're afk farming so most of the time when I go to take a camp it's already gone lol.

Shaco rework when. No VU plz rito

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
The most fun i have jungling is setting up counter ganks.
One of my pet hates about low elo junglers is that they think you can't gank pushed lanes. Most of them don't know to just sit in the lane bush and either wait for the wave to reset at the tower, or just dive them when you have minions at their tower. The other thing about about lane ganks is that it's often the best way to countergank, because if the lane is pushed it often lures out the enemy jungler.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Sitting in a bush is a waste of time that you could use clearing a camp or something all banking on a player you dont even know to both notice and react correctly, which especially at lower elos, the laner wont usually do, which is why you dont see things like that often at low elos.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Which is why Shaco isn't even a jungler anymore. When it's all about farming and trinkets becoming a thing, kinda harder to counterjungle and the fact they're afk farming so most of the time when I go to take a camp it's already gone lol.

Shaco rework when. No VU plz rito
Shaco broken on blue side doe.
Set up red, smite it quick smart, run off to blue, Q + W easy peasy, then rush off to their red and you'll always be there first. And my smites up. Awesome. Hard engage on their jungler, for some reason enemy mid and top always come. If I steal their red, pretty ****ing good, if I don't, it's the most detrimental "consistent" counter jungle I can do right now. You get your mid and top free experience, maybe kill their jungler, maybe get their buff, 90% chance you're forcing them to back.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've been having a ton of fun with Quinn top lately. Max E > W > Q for the constant harass and ability to disengage, and E is pretty good for last hitting too if need be. Go for early Brutalizer usually into BT, Youmuus, Shiv. I haven't found a common top laner that outright beats her yet. Ryze is kinda iffy, but you should definitely beat him early game. Some lanes you can bully so hard they can't cs at all for a long time, other lanes you're just a generally good bully. I find that every single time I take her top, I get camped by the enemy jungle. It can be brutal against some junglers, but some of the popular FF junglers right now can't even do anything early game and I can zone both of them 1v2.
Lategame, go for picks/assassinations if you can find a target, or splitpush, otherwise stay by your team and help peel and dps for valuable targets. Jax can't do anything to your adc/mage when he jumps on them and then you blind/vault him.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Lately I've been wondering why people don't play Renekton in the jungle. His clear would be fine and he has sustain. His ganks would be good and he can duel most champions in the game in the early levels. The only thing I can think of is that he'd have no fury when he goes to gank, but if he ults he'd generate a lot of fury anyway.

Life

Smash Hero
Lately I've been wondering why people don't play Renekton in the jungle. His clear would be fine and he has sustain. His ganks would be good and he can duel most champions in the game in the early levels. The only thing I can think of is that he'd have no fury when he goes to gank, but if he ults he'd generate a lot of fury anyway.
Renekton is fine in the jungle but he's better in lane, much like Nasus (though for the opposite reasons). If you watch pro games you'll notice that when they do those huge early game lane swaps, sometimes Renekton will just jungle for the first couple of minutes because he can't get within XP range of his minions without risking getting dove.

Player-3

Smash Hero
renekton is fun to jungle but hes just worse than every other jungle at it, when hes better than almost every other top laner at top laning so theres no reason to jungle him

Get Low

Smash Ace
Yo, how long does the queue for Team Builder usually take?
I'm pretty much just going to play ARAM until I unlock it,
because I hate calling for roles.
But my friend told me it takes forever sometimes.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
So Nien stepped down. It's always sad to see but I think it was the right thing to do. I'm convinced that he held them back from winning the LCS. I reckon if they had a quality top laner like Balls they would have had it in the bag easy.

Speaking of Balls, I don't understand why people only realised he's the best top in NA this season. It's been pretty clear to me since last season, pretty sure the only reason why people think Dyrus is good is because he's on TSM. If he was on Coast or something no one would have ever thought he was the best top in NA. I've never seen him do anything that separates him from other tops.

Also lol at Xpecial getting benched for attitude problems. I'd always had a feeling he wasn't as nice as everyone says he is, and it seems like he's had some behaviour issues. Although we don't know yet if attitude refers to being toxic if he's just negative/depressed.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Dyrus stands out to me. He's had too many games of being fed and not dying.

I don't even like TSM but they are number 2 for a reason. They have good team members.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
He's consistent in that he just farms and never stomps his lane. Going even and just farming is much easier to do when you're in a good team. He gets wrecked whenever he verses someone good or gets camped (as in he gets caught out constantly if he gets camped, as opposed to just losing lots of CS). Compare him to someone like Balls or Darien, who win their lane pretty much every game and consistently make plays by themselves. People like Balls or Wickd will get 1v1 kills on their lane opponent quite often, whereas I never see Dyrus do anything like that. If he's making like all the major shot calls then yeah he deserves more credit than I give him, but at the moment I don't see what he does that other top laners can't do. I love watching him verse Balls, because he always gets wrecked and you see the difference between a genuinely top class, highly mechanical top laner, and someone who admits to just aiming to farm and go even in lane.

I think CLG is better than TSM, but Nien just weighed them down too hard. I think they played a lot better than TSM in the first two games. In game 2 they pretty much only lost due to a situational error where someone happened to be near 4 TSM players at baron and got caught, then Nien got 1v1d in bot lane (surprise surprise). They basically lost that game due to a situational catch and Nien not being at the same level of everyone else in the game, before that they were outplaying TSM. I can't remember game 3 so I won't comment on that.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You just explained top lane in the first post. Rest of it wasn't needed.

Nien dropped almost a week ago, Xpecial benched tonight, and Hai can't go to allstars cause of collapsed lung. >NA scene literally gonna die.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Its ok, LMQ will rep NA then :troll:

Anyone know how subbing works? Can C9 take anyone from NA or only people not in LCS?

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Yo, how long does the queue for Team Builder usually take?
I'm pretty much just going to play ARAM until I unlock it,
because I hate calling for roles.
But my friend told me it takes forever sometimes.

I only tried it once by myself and I got a match almost instantly, takes forever when I try to do it with 3-4 people tho.

Top Bottom