• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Lovage

Smash Hero
been playing this game a lot with some friends, it's a lotta fun and we're getting SICK good :p

can anyone show me good casted tournament videos with good players? like if there're any good sources of casted tournament vids on youtube, similar to smash or starcraft. been watching jiji and hotshot stream on clg but i'd like to see tournament vids too.

THANKS

jpak

Smash Lord

EDIT: still gotta ask jpak. why did you keep asking if we were in queue/who was being picked/etc. Did you think you were queue'd up against us?
No just wondering if you were playing against anyone I knew. I won't be able to queue against your team unless im in a 15+ min queue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDj9f8IXLo4&feature=youtu.bet#t=12m52s

jpak and friends playing CLG?

I checked ESL, did I miss the stream?
Monday night, not sure time :) I'd think around 9 pm EST

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yo I call your Bluff. Dphat and I will find some people.

Cia

das kwl
God I hate this login queue crap..

I have to wait 14 mins to play.

If I wanted to do that, I'd log in 14 mins from now

fbgbfghblsdgui

/endrant.

:teemo:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I remember some GF's or WF's where one team got Old Vlad + Nunu and ***** so hard that next game Nunu was banned. He's not a priority pick or ban, but he's pretty solid overall. If only he had an attacking spell to use while Ice Ball was on CD. Even if it was just Consume doing 1/3rd damage to champs or something. He's also different than most common junglers for being AP focused instead of AD/AS.

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
@dmg yea we had in house last night, I play nunu and they first banned him against me. I want to know their rationale for doing so. They had a shaco so they might have wanted us to not have a strong early game.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well what was their team lineup? If they were fragile laners or people without a buttload of escapes, getting ice ball ganked is practically a guaranteed death sentence.

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
Ezreal mid so wasn't fragile carries, most likely they just either didn't want me jungling or wanted shaco to win the jungle

@Fro why the nunu ban????

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Eh, that's not too bad. Still, I'd be worried about more **** than Nunu at that point.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Nunu is one of the best heroes in the game. I don't really know how someone could just dismiss him as "Being okay, not great."

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
I main nunu. He's great. I just was wondering why he got first ban. Maybe because he countered their strategy, I'll get on vent and ask soon.

john!

Smash Hero
i never really got the hang of nunu. if you build him ap, then you've got an ok nuke/slow and an amazing ult that doesn't work 4/5 times against a good team. if you build him tanky, you've got no initiation and no reason for the enemy team to even acknowledge your existence.

he is a really good ganker though...

fkacyan

Smash Hero
i never really got the hang of nunu. if you build him ap, then you've got an ok nuke/slow and an amazing ult that doesn't work 4/5 times against a good team. if you build him tanky, you've got no initiation and no reason for the enemy team to even acknowledge your existence.

he is a really good ganker though...
Nunu requires a team who can take advantage of his ice ball. Otherwise he's extremely mediocre.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
i just checked and it's a 1.0 nuke that slows 60% for 4 seconds on a 6 second cd. maybe you're right. lol
Its the most underated skill in the game, not even a skill shot.

Nunu is ********.

one of the only times ive ever played with you, there was a really good nunu on the other team and i was complaining about nunu in skype. Remember rag laughing about it? or maybe it was fiz either way

It does SO much damage.

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
Nunu requires a team who can take advantage of his ice ball. Otherwise he's extremely mediocre.
-.- you don't even play nunu. I have never lost a game in ranked as nunu. Ask my ranked team; when I play nunu the enemy jungle is useless 90% of the time we fb their jungle. Nunu is amazing, you just have to have experience jungling to play him well. Perma-slow op.

All I wanted to know was why he got first ban in the in house.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Nunu is awesome. I <3 playing him so much. He's considered strong because he jungles at high health and can invade/gank after his run through the jungle easily. With a speed boost/slow combo he can support his carry and stop theirs from running away. It works out pretty nicely. It's unfortunate that his ult is so easy to disrupt, but if you build him bulky anyways then eating some CC in a team fight is good for the rest of the team. If their team doesn't have any left over for you, then you blow them all up too. Sadly he tapers off late-game, but early-mid game he's a monster.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Nunu is one of the best heroes in the game. I don't really know how someone could just dismiss him as "Being okay, not great."
It's more a question of what you define "great" and "okay" as. Nunu's not bad overall, but he's not an instant helpful universal pick for a team to consider compared to top junglers/carries/tanks/support/etc. You can throw Zilean/Janna/Corki/Taric/etc on most teams and have no problems, while Nunu requires a bit more consideration.

His ultimate is awful and he has no sustained damage output.
His ult is not awful (I mean it's not the most useful thing in the world either), but hard to setup. Most of the time, you have to spend an additional slot on an AoE CC strong enough to keep 2-3 opponents trapped for most of the Ult duration, which usually means if you don't land that combo well that you're gonna get ***** by them that team fight.

Top Bottom