• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

MT_

Smash Ace
I'm liking QSS more and more and more...

Like holy ****ing moly, that thing also removes stuff like black cleaver stacks,
mf stacks
twitch stacks

Ryze loses like more than half of a damage spell and his only form of cc...

Malzahar's don't even bother ulting me as I chase them down with Shaco because like "what is he gonna do? ULT ME? LOL".

I face checked a brush to get caught by 4 of them and I instantly qss'd into a deceive to GTFO.

I had a tf on my *** who popped his ult so I qss's and deceived to juke him/their entire team chasing me.

QSS for president, jesus.

also while guinsoo said he fixed those bugs on twitter, they didn't come out this patch :(
(Well at least Shaco's clone isn't doing backstab damage ><)
Agree agree agree agree. QSS > BV against any team comp that has suppression ults or a lot of CC. QSS is soooooooo ****.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
that's gonna take awhile. I mean, the whole character was basically balanced around what being the only one in the game who could deny allowed him to do. With that mechanic removed, they're gonna have some soulsearching to do before they get him back to a good place IMO.
I feel like Pirates should be able to mutiny. They're pirates!
-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
have i missed anything over the past 4 days?

Only lol news for me is that i finally cracked 1900 tonight by playing singed and just running around like an idiot for 30 minutes.
TIME TO GIVE YOU A RIOT SINGED

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Mr.C

Smash Master
GP and Fiddle super nerf makes me sad :( It's crazy how they nerf mediocre champions that are hardly ever played and allow champions like Shen and Zilean to go untouched patch after patch.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Shen is in a fine place. Most overrated hero in the game atm (note: he's still good, he's just really far from OP). And hell, they did nerf him recently, level 1 ult is now a 200 HP shield, lol, so small.

Zilean just has a serious design problem IMO. His kit is just really hard to balance, needs a rework IMO.

Both the Fiddle and GP changes were intended as reworks, not nerfs. They didn't like the deny mechanic on GP and they thought that all of Fiddle's ability scaling was out of whack. I actually agree with their assessment of both characters, they both needed reworks. GP ofc seems weaker, but that's because taking away his deny changed the very essence of the character. He's like a whole new character now and it's not surprising that he seems underpowered at the moment because they basically made him a generic Melee DPS by taking away both his serious gimmicks (crazy ult and deny). His base stats still aren't good enough to support him in a field full of characters with better base damages and survivabilities with more CC. Fiddle on the other hand should be just fine. Everything just looks like a tweak to me, and none of it screams, "THIS CHARACTER IS DEAD," to me.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Shen is in a fine place. Most overrated hero in the game atm (note: he's still good, he's just really far from OP). And hell, they did nerf him recently, level 1 ult is now a 200 HP shield, lol, so small.

Zilean just has a serious design problem IMO. His kit is just really hard to balance, needs a rework IMO.

Both the Fiddle and GP changes were intended as reworks, not nerfs. They didn't like the deny mechanic on GP and they thought that all of Fiddle's ability scaling was out of whack. I actually agree with their assessment of both characters, they both needed reworks. GP ofc seems weaker, but that's because taking away his deny changed the very essence of the character. He's like a whole new character now and it's not surprising that he seems underpowered at the moment because they basically made him a generic Melee DPS by taking away both his serious gimmicks (crazy ult and deny). His base stats still aren't good enough to support him in a field full of characters with better base damages and survivabilities with more CC. Fiddle on the other hand should be just fine. Everything just looks like a tweak to me, and none of it screams, "THIS CHARACTER IS DEAD," to me.
Shen wins games, the ability to save anyone or initiate global ganks while being one of the best tanks and initiators in the game just isn't very balanced. Not to mention him having incredible damage early game, nice cc, and being capable of split pushing the entire game unchecked because as soon as he gets a little tanky he is unkillable.

My only problem with Zilean is his ultimate. Resurrecting someone after they die for full life on like a 30 second cool down with blue buff and rewind spam is just too powerful.

Fiddlesticks damage was nerfed throughout the entire game and needs over 600ap to compensate for the base reduction on his ult and the loss of 5 bounces from Dark Wind. There is nothing fine about that lol, he was already one of the weakest champions in the game. He can barely jungle now it's pretty ridiculous. He's not dead but they just nerfed an already bad champion.

While GP changes needed to happen they didn't give him anything in return for losing deny and almost 50% damage on his ult at level 1. I guess this opens up future patches and fixes for him but right now everything about him was changed for the worse.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Shen wins games, the ability to save anyone or initiate global ganks while being one of the best tanks and initiators in the game just isn't very balanced. Not to mention him having incredible damage early game, nice cc, and being capable of split pushing the entire game unchecked because as soon as he gets a little tanky he is unkillable.
Shen wins games against bad players. Against good players, he's serviceable but definitely has a bunch of tradeoffs vs. the alternatives for his slot on a team. In competitive games, we don't ban Shen or use high picks on him and only really even consider him vs. dedicated split push teams.

My only problem with Zilean is his ultimate. Resurrecting someone after they die for full life on like a 30 second cool down with blue buff and rewind spam is just too powerful.
right. rewind is just a really difficult skill to balance around.

Fiddlesticks damage was nerfed throughout the entire game and needs over 600ap to compensate for the base reduction on his ult and the loss of 5 bounces from Dark Wind. There is nothing fine about that lol, he was already one of the weakest champions in the game. He can barely jungle now it's pretty ridiculous. He's not dead but they just nerfed an already bad champion.
it's a consistency thing. I mean, yea, sure, the raw damage output is down, but between the speed increase, the range increase on fear, focusing the damage from dark wind more, and the lower CD on Dark Wind I have trouble believing that he's much worse in practice now than he was before. *shrugs* I don't see Fiddlesticks in my games anyway, so I'm speaking without 1st hand experience here, but that's how I feel about the changes. I will admit that Riot seems really ****ty about paying attention to break-even points when they try to shift someone from high base damage to high scaling damage (see Garen Judgment changes, lol), but I don't think the net change on Fiddle is a particularly big nerf/buff.

While GP changes needed to happen they didn't give him anything in return for losing deny and almost 50% damage on his ult at level 1. I guess this opens up future patches and fixes for him but right now everything about him was changed for the worse.
Welcome to being a Pantheon player. Your character is now on the back burner, pick up someone new while they **** around and ignore the fact that he sucks until Forum QQ hits a critical mass that sparks some overbuffing that will make him OP enough that Forum QQ hits the opposite critical mass and you get re-nerfed into oblivion. Rinse and repeat forever until you give up on said character and forget that they even exist in the game.

anyway, I didn't mean for my original post to sound so ambiguous about my feelings on GP. he definitely took it in the *** and is now outclassed by everyone (except for Pantheon).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Shen's design is kind of dumb too. I mean sure, he's not as ******** as when his Ult gave BOTH people shields, but yeah.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Seriously, what's wrong with Shen's kit? The only thing that's problematic is the global ult and it's pretty hard to open that can of worms without completely removing globals which will have pretty massive implications on the metagame (they're still probably gonna do it though).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well:

He's energy based
Has a dash that taunts and goes over terrain
Gives healing to himself and/or teammates with Vorpal blade
Global Teleport with Shield provided

He's good at every phase of the game. At any 1 point during a game, Shen looks like a 8/10 pick. Always solid, not much conflict. There's never "Oh hey we have a solid jungler, where are we gonna fit Rammus or Mumu?" or "Wait til my champion is leveled enough to make a difference" with Shen, he's always good to go.

Either other tanks need to REALLY get up towards his level, or he needs to be taken down a notch. If they change globals like they hinted at, probably the latter will happen.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Whats a good rune setup for Janna?
I feel like goldper runes aren't a good choice.
-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Well:

He's energy based
Has a dash that taunts and goes over terrain
Gives healing to himself and/or teammates with Vorpal blade
Global Teleport with Shield provided
ummm... ok? why not mention vorpal does damage and he has a spammable damage shield too? you're just listing his skill set, there's not really an intrinsic problem with it.

He's good at every phase of the game. At any 1 point during a game, Shen looks like a 8/10 pick. Always solid, not much conflict. There's never "Oh hey we have a solid jungler, where are we gonna fit Rammus or Mumu?" or "Wait til my champion is leveled enough to make a difference" with Shen, he's always good to go.
you're giving his flexibility too much credit. he's a slow jungler with average at best gank potential, he loses towers and makes your team low damage in a solo, and he requires farm to do his job effectively. basically, he only fits into a team comp as a sidelane tank or a solo lane tank if you run an EU setup (ranged carry + support babysitter bot) and picking him in this role over say... Jarman, Cho, or Singed is a legitimate decision with legitimate tradeoffs. Shen will offer the most map control of them, but he also has comparitively poor innate survivability and damage, and is on the lower end in terms of CC he offers.

sidenote, Jarman is a much more flexible pick. He legitimately can lane/jungle anywhere effectively so long as he can get farm and can fill any role between Melee DPS Carry and Pure Tank Initiator.

Either other tanks need to REALLY get up towards his level, or he needs to be taken down a notch. If they change globals like they hinted at, probably the latter will happen.
Other tanks do other things better. Shen actually has a much narrower niche than most in competitive play if you ask me.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Whats a good rune setup for Janna?
I feel like goldper runes aren't a good choice.
-DD
if you don't like gold/10, you can run movespeed or HP quints. I personally run movespeed, mpen, armor, mres on all roamers atm, though I do miss the gold/10s if I can't get early assists/kills from my roaming.

But I feel like I'm being judged when I ask questions :[
Everyone has to start somewhere, don't sweat it.

What is cc?
cc = crowd control. it's a term used for disables, I'm not sure where it originated since it's a bit of a misnomer IMO, but it's deeply imbedded in the lingo of LoL at this point so all disables are CC :(.

What item set should I do for Nidalee?
umm, Merc Treads are pretty standard boots, then a bunch of AP items, sometimes with tanky stuff mixed in. typical nid builds involve either Guinsoo's Rageblade first or a straight Rabadon's Deathcap rush. Either way, you usually want deathcap and then either go lichbane and/or archangel's staff for damage or tank out with stuff like guardian angel, banshee's veil and spirit visage.

Are blue buff and red buff the mana and health potions?
they are the buffs you get from killing the Lizard (red) or Golem (blue) in the jungle. I'd link you to a basic jungle guide if I knew of a good one, so hopefully someone can hook you up with something to teach you the basics of the jungle.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
But I feel like I'm being judged when I ask questions :[

What is cc? What item set should I do for Nidalee? Are blue buff and red buff the mana and health potions?
CC= crowd control, stuns, silences, knock ups, fears etc

blue buff gives mana regen and cdr
red buff gives a slow to your auto attack and a small damage over time

_Dice

Smash Ace
CC= crowd control, stuns, silences, knock ups, fears etc

blue buff gives mana regen and cdr
red buff gives a slow to your auto attack and a small damage over time
I hate it when i'm playing LoL and i get knocked up and have to wait around for like 9 months before i can do anything about it. and by then it's just too painful and i end up just giving up.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I like it when my blue buff flies sky high :D

Watching Hotshot stream on his smurf cause he's playing caitlyn. 30min in he has 4 Tiamats >>

EDIT: 33min he has 5...

EDIT2: Now 6

X.x It's not even Tuesday

-Vocal-

Smash Hero

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Who the **** is Dapacman?

I mean, new Ali is conceptually an improvement, he just needs to be able to Headbutt -> Pulverize and not look like a ****** when trampling IMO. 2 pretty easy fixes and he's at least as good as he was before.

EDIT: yea tom, I love that thread. there is a lot of garbage in there, but some of them are genius. I really like the bear suit Annie one he just made.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1

Hard disagree. Mogwai is right on this one.

It's a major misconception that all champions need to be equal across all levels of the game to be "balanced." In fact, its a major problem with Riot's design philosophy if you look at their more recent comments and changes. It's OK for some characters be really even across all levels, for some to be strong early and taper off and for some to be weak early and the surge in the end. This creates a lot of "texture" to the champion selection process and shifts some of the skill in winning the game to the champion selection process.

Riot seems to want to "normalize" the champion experience by making champions more generically useful across each phase of the game. I think this reduces the strategic complexity of the game and the diversity in the game experience. It also means champions with plain-old better kits are going to be better champions. It also means stat distribution needs to be normalized more as well.

As for Gangplank: the deny mechanic wasn't as big a problem as they made it out to be, otherwise GP would have been a more competitive pick. The problem was that Riot didn't think they could leave that in AND buff him up to viability because then he could be awesome AND make sure you were behind in farm. So rather than wrestle with him a bit more and get his numbers/mechanics right, they just blamed the kit and turned him into a generic(ly bad) AD carry. He's going to need buffs and maybe another minor rework to be a good character again... partially because they tried to normalize him and he's just plain not as good as other AD carries.

john!

Smash Hero
lol jpak i just faced your corki mid (as karthus). my team was terrible, i called corki mia constantly and you still got like 3 ganks, and they told me to ult at terrible times. you did a good job harassing me though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't have a problem with different "phase" champions. Like early game dominators vs late game steam rollers, or people who are solid regardless of early/mid/late game. I like the differences in those, and hope Riot doesn't take away "swings" in phases for characters. I'm mostly disappointed that Shen has remained top tier for... quite some time, either from not nerfing him enough or not buffing others enough or by over nerfings others.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I found out Corki is the easiest dps to play. First game gives me 200 ca in 25 minutes, better then all my other champs, once I finished black cleaver I went legendary

:phone:

Top Bottom