• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

_Dice

Smash Ace
"Joey is the Janna to my Corki." - Mango

#1 LoL reference. Also: gay.

/goes to try Yorick in a bot game because I don't want to lose a game for my team.

How do people build him?
the most consistantly strong way i've been able to build him is 21/0/9 with Mpen and ArPen and Greed.

Dorans blade -> boots -> manamune -> sorc shoes -> atmas -> merc treads (sell shoes) -> banshees -> Trinity -> BC.

R>W>E>Q for skills as well

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I wouldn't worry bout magic pen. Just upgrade to merc treads and work on getting tanky. If you have a solo lane, you can try warmog to atmas. If not, you're probably better off going a bit slower.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Leave it to Vocal to focus on the LoL in Panda's post and not the important part. Get it in that resident!
Sir yes sir!

So funny story time: I have time for 2 games tonight. I jump into my first champ select only for my power to hiccup and make my computer restart, giving me a leave and lost ELO making my losing streak (after breaking 1600 ELO easily again) even longer! Everyone who knows me agrees that my luck is just completely garbage, but I've started to find the humor in my misfortune.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
went 9-4-2 as renek in normal game. got 5 kills within 12 mins of soloing top vs an amumu and vayne (was rocking the lane OOO THAT RHYMED.) then team fed, i started jumping in teamfights, getting focused, usually taking down 1 guy or 2, dying, and my team couldnt clean up. oh well. i love renek AGAIN.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I had lag last game.
FOUR SECONDS of lag between inputs.

I didn't stand a god damn chance.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
You know you have a good game when your team keeps saying "omg Mord OP" all game until near the end where they change to "omg Orianna OP" <3

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
every champ I play is OP...in some normal game...where some players play bad...and makes other players think they are godlike...liek me

Midnite

Smash Cadet
NNID
AurumMidnite
Isn't that soft reset basically helping the high-ranked folk and leaving those in ELO hell in the dust? :/

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
You'll still get closer to 1200 if you're negative, but let's face it if you're down that low there's a reason.

Midnite

Smash Cadet
NNID
AurumMidnite
^ That's quite true.

That Kayle skin they announced looks epic, though. I just hope that it means 10 of any game, and not just ranked games. I don't want to dig myself into ELO hell over a skin. :x

_Dice

Smash Ace
I just got trolled so hard. literally i was in a game with 9 griefing players.
9 people only defending tower.

so yeah, literally a freaking 90 minute game because no towers could go down and no one was even TRYING to push. the game was eventually lost by my team, where i was the onyl legitimate player in the game. this game makes me feel like ****, holy hell this community is the worst in all of competitive games, infinitely worse than dota/wow arena/any game ever.
And whats worse i CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. 9 people trolling (all of other team and 4 people on my team) means no surrenders, no reporting will mean anything. ugh.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
This is a few pages late now, but...

Karma is actually ridiculously strong, and I think she'll get her time in the limelight soon enough. Currently I think she's better than Janna, but her biggest downside is the lack of a disruptive ulti.
I really don't understand the comparison to Janna at all. We're talking about two completely different champs with different strengths.

Janna (and all the other supports, for that matter) can be incredibly influential without any farm. The most she'll ever need is a couple gold/10s so she can keep buying wards, and maybe if she starts getting a ton of assists she can save up for her Aegis or w/e. Karma can't do this. She needs big numbers and farm to have an impact.

The real problem with Karma is that she's basically an AP carry, but a lot of her damage ends up being supportive in nature.

So it would be dumb to run her as a support in the current meta because she'll just end up being useless or trying to do things Sona/Janna can do better unless she takes farm from whoever she's supposed to be babysitting, which by definition a support shouldn't be doing, and yet it's hard to justify giving her a solo lane when compared with the AP carries we already have.

That said, she's still kind of underrated imo. She does a TON of damage and can basically sustain her maximum DPS throughout a teamfight while making her allies beefier. Outside of teamfights, she can dish out some pretty buff heals (AoE I might add) to help win poking battles/sustain a push, and her W is nice for helping your tanky guys get where they want to be in addition to hitting really hard/slowing everybody if your anchor knows how to use it.

Also, I'm convinced that 99% of players have no idea what she actually does and just expect her to be worthless, and consequently nobody will let you pick her, nevermind let you take a solo lane with her, which is what she really needs. So yeah, she's underrated but at the same time I can see why she doesn't really fit the current meta.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I feel like the more I become accepting of people's champion choices, the more I lose. I have lost so many games in the past couple days by saying "I don't think this champ is that great, but I'll give this person a shot."

I need to go back to being a tier *****. At least then I wasn't constantly screwed by people not knowing how to play their champions.

Top Bottom