• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

X the Derp

Smash Apprentice
I bet he's going to be awesome and fun, but mediocre.

So far, they've released 2 champs, one RIDICULOUSLY terrible, definitely the worst character in the game pre-patch, and the other good, but looks bad when compared.

Still, MAD HYPE!

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
Anyone have any input on Kennen? I was looking to get em next, but I've heard terrible things. Good or bad? And banned a lot?

Midnite

Smash Cadet
NNID
AurumMidnite
Kennen is pretty fun. However, that's all I can really say. If you want real input on Kennen, ask Zolga. I know that he uses Kennen a lot.

Also, hype for Monkey King.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Anyone have any input on Kennen? I was looking to get em next, but I've heard terrible things. Good or bad? And banned a lot?
never banned, really strong laning phase
pretty decent mid/late game because of his ult
only problem is that he is fairly squishy so building him tanky AP is usually best

hes not terrible but their are stronger picks that basically do the same thing like annie

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I have enough IP saved up for monkeyking but I get the feeling there will be a big fight over him in every game after he's released. It will be even worse if he's really good. We might have to develop a complicated-yet-hilarious system for picking who gets to use him. Iggy might have to be named the arbitrator.

:phone:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Fiddle + Fortune is a stupid strong combo.

I'm starting to find that every team composition from the past year is more or less viable right now. Tanky DPS - check. AoE **** - check. Heal and poke - check. Split push - check. Does that mean the game is actually *gasp* balanced right now?

I don't know how I feel about this O_O

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You're using a super hipster avatar now.

Not sure how to feel about this. 8|

This HP thread is genius.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
You're using a super hipster avatar now.

Not sure how to feel about this. 8|

This HP thread is genius.
Me? Scott's a cool dude :) I've been reading the novels over the past week and finished the last one today; I liked the movie when I saw it but I didn't even realize how much stuff got shafted. The books were 20x better.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jungle Heimer is legit

Eh drops turrets and doesn't care

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Scott Pilgrim is literally super hipster junk.
No it isn't. I'm not calling it a Pulitzer Prize book. It's charming for what it is. I'm not a hipster in the slightest and don't want to be, but I enjoyed the books. I borrowed them from a friend of mine who, again, is not a hipster in the slightest.

Maybe hipsters like them but I don't think that means they get to claim them as their own.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
the movie is pretty hipster

the graphic novels are more open to interpretation.

they hit strongly with a lot of us twenty somethings, figuring out what we want to do... when all we wanna do is play games and fall in love.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
the movie is pretty hipster

the graphic novels are more open to interpretation.

they hit strongly with a lot of us twenty somethings, figuring out what we want to do... when all we wanna do is play games and fall in love.
Not to mention all the shenanigans love entails. Plus we've all known a Knives at some point (or been one).

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does that mean the game is actually *gasp* balanced right now?

Yup. Riot's getting their act together. The new, balanced, then playtested champion Yorick is a good sign of this. Same with

Annie.

She needed a buff, so Riot gave her one. Good things to come for this balanced game I tell you.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
With the right comp I think Kennen is very strong, but if you don't other champs that support his kit then there's probably a better choice imo.

For instance, just got out of a ranked game as jungle Mummy with Kennen as our caster. Once I popped my ult Kennen could get in there with his ult to chain the CC together. The game was brutal.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yup. Riot's getting their act together. The new, balanced, then playtested champion Yorick is a good sign of this. Same with

Annie.

She needed a buff, so Riot gave her one. Good things to come for this balanced game I tell you.
How did you get Dan's SWF login, jpak?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero

Annie.

I meant balanced in terms of strategies, not necessarily in terms of outlier champions.
Dude you're totally gay there's no way you ever knew a knives. ;..;
<3 vox
Hey, guys can be Knives too. Besides, I didn't say dated one, I just said knew one.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I heard riot's going to revamp the jungle a bit to make it work a little better.

quicker respawns and weaker creeps I think

Top Bottom