• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Is there a viable strategy for a Jungler having a Support kinda like how Bot lane normally has a Support in the current metagame?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
what's the best heal compz? sounds like fun.
when I do it, we like to run Nidalee top, Karma mid, Taric + Sona bot, and Warwick in the jungle.

Is there a viable strategy for a Jungler having a Support kinda like how Bot lane normally has a Support in the current metagame?
not really? I dunno what you even mean by that, the jungle is less profitable than a lane, so trying to add in a support to make the jungle safer isn't worth it. especially when there are plenty of characters who can jungle by themselves just fine.

closest thing would be a roaming strat where you run 3 solos, 1 jungle and 1 roamer, which used to be the norm. It was good, but it's really hard to 1v2 vs. Ranged AD + Support, and you usually lose the game at bot lane even if your roamer succeeds in ****ing over the other lanes and jungle.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
Unrelated question...

Has Hozz tried AD Sona bot lane with a support? How is it? Why doesn't he think it works (since he wants a solo usually i assume he doesn't like bot)?
He tends to solo because he wants the farm and likes to gank a lot, but we've done bot lane with AD Sona / Support Janna on many occasions and it works really well. However, AD Sona is much better at dueling/kiting than teamfighting in the laning phase so it's simply not as effective.

AD Sona doesn't really do much late-game.
AD Sona is all about early game and late game. Level 1 she wins pretty much every trade in the game and harasses like none other levels 2-9. She falls off mid game as people build armor but comes back later once you complete your build. In literally 90% of the games I've seen him play in, Hozz gets first blood.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Coming in to report that I really really like Sona : 3

Omni

BRoomer
Well are there any good sustain champs that can solo defend a bot 2v1?

:phone:

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
There are champs that could manage, but if the enemy picks aggressive support w/ a strong early game carry, it's only a matter of time until that solo bot loses the lane and/or gets killed a bunch.

Omni

BRoomer
Hm. Who are some champs that could pull it off?

A tanky/regen Heimer comes to mind.

Are there really no champs that can turret camp and successfuly hold off a dive whether they have solid defense or extremely fast minion clearing?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Hm. Who are some champs that could pull it off?

A tanky/regen Heimer comes to mind.

Are there really no champs that can turret camp and successfuly hold off a dive whether they have solid defense or extremely fast minion clearing?

turret camping won't get you far. they'll just zone you out of xp range and at that point, your team might as well be playing a 4v5. you need a character that can both blow up creep waves when the AD + Support pushes and sustain hard enough off the tower to not get zoned out of XP range.

The best bets IMO are Sion and Karma, but the early levels are just so damn tricky to get to the point where your shield burst is scary enough to give you some lane control.

Omni

BRoomer
Hrm. I feel like Jungle w/Support is worth exploring. Like it could:

- Open up new champs to jungle
- Allow junglers to build toward their main gear faster
- Provide really really strong ganks
- Counter jungle like a boss and prevent counter Jungling
- More control over buffs; maybe Dragon

But yea. This would all be dependent based on if a champ could successfully defend bot well. Perhaps swapping bot with the jungler could help.

Theory thinking.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer

But yea. This would all be dependent based on if a champ could successfully defend bot well. Perhaps swapping bot with the jungler could help.

Theory thinking.

I feel like you're not listening though. There just isn't enough farm in the jungle for committing 2 people to the jungle in the interest of getting 1 person farmed. Lanes are just better for this. Assuming you get to free farm the jungle and the opposing team gets to free farm bot lane, their team will get ahead.

Omni

BRoomer
But doesn't denying the enemy jungler + providing possibly guaranteed ganks on top/mid offset bot?

My guess is that bot or other lanes may have to back off their lanes to support a solo jungler getting CJed.

jpak

Smash Lord

Theory thinking.

What you are basically talking about is double jungle. There are competitive teams trying this out in scrims once in a while but far from often. People are afraid to risk something they haven't practised regularly in a tourney setting. You may see a few teams do what you are describing in the future when they are up a game in a bo3.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Double jungle can be pretty effective depending relatively heavily on the team in lane to hold out while you deny the enemy jungle and gank the **** out of their lanes.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Morg seems like she could hold a 1v2 pretty well.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Plenty of champions can avoid dying really really well, the question is whether or not they can still level up.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
That's what I meant. Tormented Soil + Black Shield + her passive seems like she could farm and keep them off the turret fine, especially when she hits 6. Would still be hard though and probably beatable some way she just seems to me like she would be the best at it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
That's what I meant. Tormented Soil + Black Shield + her passive seems like she could farm and keep them off the turret fine, especially when she hits 6. Would still be hard though and probably beatable some way she just seems to me like she would be the best at it.
Pick Morgana to solo, enemy team goes Mantheon+Talon bot lane.

Bye-bye Morgana.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Because pantheon + talon bot is such a legitimate counterpick.

I hope you were joking.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Because pantheon + talon bot is such a legitimate counterpick.

I hope you were joking.
If you know they're going to double jungle and Morgana is going to be the bot solo, why not run something to utterly deny her?

Clearly everybody in this thread has tons of tourney exp with double jungle so what lanes would go where and how to CP or not is totally known. Oh, wait, no it isn't.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I'm guessing the same way you'd know to ban certain champions against certain teams based on what they've been known to play previously, or clues in the champ pick section, like if you see three strong solos and no support, or something.

Alternately if you don't see obvious signs in either teamcomp or the actual players you're against, you don't pick such an obvious CP and get wrecked for it.

EDIT: Also, what Mogwai said.

If the AD/support just sit in the bush and dont last hit at all, they still win by default because they level up and if you try you die.

Double posting is a serious crime I know, but this is a separate idea.

Is there a reason that running double CV one support bot one support top to deny the jungler access to your jungle / ganks and top lane exp isn't ever done?

Turazrok

Smash Master
If you know they're going to double jungle and Morgana is going to be the bot solo, why not run something to utterly deny her?

Clearly everybody in this thread has tons of tourney exp with double jungle so what lanes would go where and how to CP or not is totally known. Oh, wait, no it isn't.
What jungler can't top lane solo?

Oh wait. None of them can't top lane solo, except maybe shaco.

voorhese

Smash Master
Is Atmogs they way to go these days? I've been told by a couple of people it is just because of the ability to splitpush and escape as well as do more in teamfights because of the tankiness. The only way I've ever played Nid is get blue and throw 1000 damage nukes from the bushes.
Not sure yet, i usually play AP nid aswell, but i think 19/0/12 on a loss against fed leblanc and pseudo fed trynd is good.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Holy ****.

We surrendered at 20, and the other team surrendered right after us and we won. It showed our nexus blowing up, and then went to their nexus blowing up, was hilarious.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You sell Wriggles for BT and Hex for GA. If it lasts even longer you sell Ghostblade for Last Whisper (order can be mixed around depending on how much armor enemy team has).

Also, if your team needs more of an assassin/burst instead of tankier damage dealer (which is what my build gives you), you can just build a couple doran's blades into brutalizer into BT and then GA and Last Whisper. Jungle will be a bit slower b/c of lack of Wriggle's procs but she can still do it this way.
I run dblades on Nocturne, and I would say on a char like Riven, early dorans will actually equate to a pretty fast jungle. She, along with most characters who have AD scaling AOE madreds-esque procs are beast junglers without wiggles and are completely perfect to not run the item due to how prevalent wiggles is as a laner item atm (I would say 75% of games bot and/or top have wiggles). Dragon and buffs are really the only thing you'll be doing slower without wiggles (buffs are arguable).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You aren't building attack speed ever though and it procs as a 1/5 thing. As in, equating to 100 bonus magic damage per auto attack.

Riven can do '110 bonus physical damage' in aoe, 3 times in one skill (@ 9). The use of those skills proc 3 auto attacks to be dealing a lot more damage as well.
I guess when you consider Riven's case, that is, an ad scaling health shield, armor stats on wiggles +18% life steal is likely to be more durable than 3 doran's blades.

Going a doran's path however on characters like Nocturne, equates to a faster level 6 than you would get trying to build wiggles (unless you start long sword, then they're somewhat comparable).

All I'm saying is, that characters with aoe damage procs don't really need wiggles at all and I really don't notice the difference in jungle speeds (doing wraiths, wolves and minis are definitely faster than relying on madreds procs)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Her Q is on a 13 second CD, and if you want to get from camp to camp at maximum speed (also relates to clear speed) you may be using it for movement and not have all three hits for the camps themselves.

Not to mention more sustain and utility via free wards is never a bad thing anyway.

Either way, for Tom and TKbro/DanGR anyone else interested, I mathed out the difference between my Riven build and Westrice's and it amounts to:

2 less bonus AD and 13% less lifesteal(assuming BT is fully stacked) in exchange for slow on Phage (more auto attacks), wards form Wriggle's (and chance for procs on big objectives or stealing enemy's stuff), about 9 more armor, 8 less MR, 225 more constant health (GA gives the 750 on Revive every 5 minutes), and 300 health shield from Hexdrinker every minute. Cost is about 500 more gold for my build (less if you subtract the ward costs).

Top Bottom